Status: Finished :) Currently writing the sequel.

The Black Parade

I've never seen something like that before...

I had been in The Black Parade for a few days now, not much more exciting things have happened. The book hasn’t made any more progress to itself either. What I do know, is that Frank has been teaching me how to shoot better. It was during one of those sessions when Gerard had entered, his face lined with worry.

“What is it?” Frank asked him.

“We were stupid. I knew something was suspicious about nothing happening for such a long time!”


“What do you mean?” I asked.

“Three Lupus had traveled around the outskirts, they got into a city and killed three people. Mikey and I killed them before they had inflicted more damage, but we still weren’t being alert enough” Gerard explained. “So I was thinking that maybe we should do night patrols, two of us head out every night and just make sure no demon reaches the city. I was wondering wether you two could be the first people to try it out, as me and Mikey have some houses to see to.”

“Okay” Frank nodded. “When do you want us out there?”


“Soon as it gets dark. Thanks” He thanked us before rushing out again.

“What ones are the Lupus?” I asked.

“The ones which look like wolves” Frank answered. “Now how about another round of targets?”

-

It was now dark and me and Frank were walking from the castle to the city. Frank kept looking back to make sure nothing was following us, and I kept and eye out to both sides of us. 
 We soon reached the city, where no one was around anymore. A few windows were illuminated with a yellow light from some houses, but other than that it was like it had been abandoned years ago.
“So if you see anything, speak first so that we know it’s not human” Frank whispered to me. I nodded. The only sound was the gravel crunching under out boots. I had a hand on the gun handle, just incase.

There was a sudden clatter coming East. Our legs broke into a run, sprinting to where the sound came from. At the end of the street was a shadowy figure, but it must have had it’s back turned as I could not see it. I squinted in the lack of light to try to see what one it was.
“Hello?” Frank called, already holding out his gun. The creature turned, it’s purple eyes piercing through the darkness. I still, however could make out his shape in the darkness of the street.

The creature suddenly disappeared, or it’s eyes did anyway.

“This way” Frank ordered, running round the corner and out of the city. The creature stood, in the shape of a man.

Frank paused, looking confused. “A sapien? I thought they’d all gone?”

I assumed he meant the type of creature.

It suddenly changed shape, to like a wolf. It then charged towards us, but seeing as Frank was too shocked to move, I shot at the creature, not completely getting it in the eye. As soon as the first bullet hit it’s forehead, though, it disappeared again.

“Where’d it go?” I asked.

“I’ve never seen anything like that before” Frank said quietly. “There’s never been a demon which can change shape”

He suddenly snapped out of his trance. “We need to go and tell Gerard, he’ll know what to do.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short and so late! I've been so busy with school work lately and I just thought I had to get something up so here it is... I'll try and get back on top of it! :3