You Are Not Alone

Be Careful With My Heart

Michael's POV

Michael was holding his breath. His eyes were searching the eyes of the woman he had come to love. Having just confessed his love for her, he was waiting with bated breath for her response. It had been a full minute since the words escaped his lips. So far, Lily just sat, frozen, staring at him with wide eyes. Taking this as either disgust or rejection, Michael dropped his gaze to the floor.

"I- I'm so sorry, Lily. I shouldn't have said anything. Just, please...can we forget I said that? I couldn't bear to lose your friendship. Oh, my God, I'm such an idiot! I'm so, so sorr-" Michael was cut off abruptly when Lily grabbed his face between her small hands. Shocked at first, Michael continued to apologize.

"Michael? Michael! It's alright! I'm not going anywhere, I promise. I'm just shocked is all. I never allowed myself to believe that someone like you could love someoone like me." Michael was looking at her like she was clinically insane.

"Someone....like you? What does that even mean, Lily?" Michael was genuinely confused. She scoffed lightly, dropping her hands from his face.

"Come on, Michael. Look at me!" Lily exclaimed, as if her meaning should be obvious. A look of sadness seemed to haunt her blue eyes and she dropped her gaze

"I am looking at you", Michael replied. Putting a finger under her chin, he lifted her gaze back to his face. "All I see is you, Lily! Can't you see that?" He moved his hand to cup her cheek, absentmindedly stroking her cheek.

"Why me, Michael? You could have any girl you want. Why would you want me? I'm nothing!" Michael was saddened to see that she genuinely believed what she was saying.

"I don't want just any girl. I want you, only you! Can't you see how special you are? How amazing you are? How beautiful you are?" Michael was pleading with his eyes, willing her to believe that he meant every word.

"Michael, I've only ever been in one relationship. It was a horrible experience. You know all the things that he did to me. Towards the end of it, he would constantly tell me how worthless I was. He was always telling me I was fat, plain, stupid. Not to mention, boring. I haven't told you this yet, but h-he ended up dumping me because- because I wasn't ready to have sex with him.." Lily trailed off, her voice sounding like a wounded child.

Mason. Of course. I'll kill that son of a bitch if I ever see him! Michael thought, seething. Michael's eyes hardened, thinking about that piece of shit. Although, he couldn't help the relief he felt that Mason hadn't taken that from her and the excitement that he could potentially be her first. Suddenly, Michael knelt down on the floor in front of the girl who now had a single tear running down her cheek.

"You listen to me, Lily Parker", Michael said firmly but softly. "I told you the first day I met you and I'll tell you every day for the rest of my life if that's what it takes for you to believe me. You are the most beautiful creature I have ever met. Not only on the outside, but here as well", Michael placed his palm over her heart. "I love everything about you." Lily shivered as he leaned in, kissing the tear away from her cheek.

"You mean it? You really love me?" Lily asked. Her voice was still small, quivering with emotion.

"With all my heart", Michael answered earnestly. Lily smiled softly.

"Can I tell you a secret?" Lily asked, smiling a bit bigger.

"What's that?" Michael asked. A curious smile on his face.

"I love you, too", Lily answered. She was blushing, but grinning happily.

"You- you what?" Michael stuttered. He wasn't expecting her to feel the same. After all, she had been pretty clear that she wasn't interested in love when they were getting to know each other. Giggling, Lily shrugged.

"You know, after Mason, I told myself, told everyone, that I wouldn't allow myself to trust another man. I swore I'd never let myself fall in love again. I felt something for you from the moment I touched you on that stage. I've tried so hard these past months to ignore it. I just can't anymore. Everytime I touch you, hold your hand, I can feel it. Everytime I talk to you on the phone or get a text from you. When I hug you...just sitting next to you, I get butterflies. I get all that, because of you. Now that I think about it, I never felt like that with Mason. But you, you're just....different." Lily was blushing profusely at her admission. Shrugging, she gave him a lopsided grin. "It can't be helped and I'm done trying". It was Michael's turn to have tears in his eyes.

"You have no idea how happy you've just made me, babygirl", Michael whispered, leaning forward and pressing his forehead to hers and closing his eyes. Lily giggled, causing his eyes to pop open and look at her questioningly.

"I think I like the sound of that", Lily said, biting her lip shyly.

"The sound of what?" Michael knew what she meant, but he wanted her to say it. As he predicted, she blushed.

"W-what you called me. I like it", Lily said, just above a whisper. Michael smirked.

"I don't remember. What did I call you?" Michael said. He loved how flustered she was.

"Y-you called me....b-babyg-girl", Lily stuttered, feeling embarrassed. Michael giggled. Lily narrowed her eyes. "You jerk! You're just teasing me!" She accused playfully.

"I'm sorry, babygirl", Michael ammended. "You're just so cute when you blush. You can't really blame me!" He was grinning.

"Oh, really?" Lily asked, raising an eyebrow. Suddenly, Michael had a face full of pillow. His face frozen in shock, he moved the pillow. Lily was bent over, giggling.

"You really shouldn't have done that, babygirl", Michael said, a playful warning in his voice.
Lily stopped giggling, her eyes darting around. Just like during the Super Soaker fight, she was looking for an escape. In the blink of an eye, Michael was up and towering over her as she still sat on the couch. Her thoughts were cut off as he used the same pillow and whacked her over the head. He pointed at her, laughing. He was very mature, after all!

Before they knew it, Michael and Lily were in the middle of a full-blown pillow fight. They were laughing and taunting each other. Feathers had begun to fly out all over the place. His maids were going to give him what for. Then again, they were used to their boss and his childlike ways.

All the sudden, Lily went to give Michael a good whack to the side of his head. However, he was ready for her and ducked. She squealed when, still bent down, he grabbed her legs. More graceful than most would have been, he managed to tackle her, making her fall on the couch. With her lying flat on her back, Michael straddled her hips. She started laughing hysterically when Michael's fingers dug into her sides, tickling her. She squirmed from side to side, trying to throw him off, but he was too strong. Showing no mercy, Michael just tickled her more when she begged him to stop.

"Haha, I got you now, girl! And I'm not letting you go nowhere!" Michael said, giggling. They both understood the double meaning to his words. Lily stopped laughing, a smile still on her beautiful face.

"Is that a promise?" Lily asked, bringing a hand up to cup his pale cheek. Michael turned his face, nuzzling her palm with his nose.

"It's a guarantee, babygirl", Michael said quietly. Slowly, he bent forward until they could feel each other's breath on their faces. "I'm gonna kiss you now", he whispered. He searched her face for any signs of hesitation. He was relieved and overjoyed when she nodded. Looking into her eyes, Michael saw the trust and love that he knew was mirrored in his own.

The mere two inches Michael had to travel for his lips to reach Lily's felt like an eternity. Finally, the moment he'd been craving for the past year was finally here. He smiled when her eyes fluttered closed. Doing the same, he pressed his lips softly to hers.

If this were a cartoon, Michael was sure fireworks would be errupting above them. He'd had plenty of kisses in his life, but none of them compared to this moment. Her lips were soft and warm. They felt like home. It was as if her lips had been made for his. Massaging his lips against hers, slowly, he was rewarded with a quiet moan. Taking the opportunity, he lightly ran his tongue along her bottom lip, silently asking for passage. Sighing at the feeling of his tongue, Michael took it as acceptance. If he thought the kiss was amazing before, nothing prepared him for the butterflies he felt when his tongue found hers. As their tongues wrestled with each other sensually, it was Michael's turn to moan.

As their kiss had begun to deepen, he had eventually laid himself on top of her. Their bodies were now flush against each other, exploring each other lightly with their hands. Michael's hands were running along the curve of her hips as she stroked the planes of his chest. Eventually, her hands traveled to his shoulders and down to his back.

Michael could feel himself hardening. Lily must have felt it, too, because she froze and pulled back. He hoped he didn't scare her away, because he had no intention of rushing into anything or pressuring her into anything she wasn't ready for.

"Uh, um..." Lily stammered, suddenly looking nervous. Michael smiled at her softly. Bringing his hand up to stroke her hair, he spoke softly.

"Lily, I wil never make you do anything you don't want to do. It's far too early in our relationship for that anyway", Michael said, making her smile.

"Thank you, Michael. You're such a gentleman", Lily said, stroking his back. Michael blushed, ducking his head. "So, this is a relationship, huh? Does that mean I'm your girlfriend?" She asked, grinning up at him.

"Well, that depends", Michael said thoughtfully. She frowned, hoping he wasn't changing his mind about her.

"O-on what?" Lily stuttered.

"On your answer to my next question", Michael giggled.

"W-what's your question?" Lily asked, somewhat apprehensively.

"Will you be my girl?" Michael bit his lip, smiling widely. Instantly, a look of relief passed over her features.

"I would love to be your girl, MIchael", Lily answered. Her voice was barely audible but he heard her. Swooping down, he claimed her lips in a sweet kiss.

"I can't remember the last time I was this happy", Michael said as he pulled back.

"I don't think I have ever been this happy", was her response. "Just promise you'll be careful with my heart." Lily whispered, looking into his eyes. Michael smiled as he grabbed her hand, placing it over his heart. Doing the same with his hand, he felt her heart racing.

"This heart is my greatest treasure. I promise you, I will always treat it as such. I will never purposely hurt you, Lily. I'm sure we'll argue and get angry with each other from time to time. But no matter what, my heart will always belong to you. I love you so much, babygirl", Michael said, placing butterlfy kisses all over her face.

"I love you, too, Michael", Lily whispered. Michael kissed away the tears that were falling from her eyes.