You Are Not Alone

A Morning of Surprises

Lily's POV

Lily sighed contentedly, burrowing into the warmth surrounding her. Slowly, she opened her eyes, the bright morning sun greeting her. It had been four days since her birthday. Four days since she and Michael had confessed their love for each other. She was in a relationship with Michael! She smiled as she thought of the events of her birthday. Michael, the perfect gentleman that he was, had treated her like a princess. Lily still couldn't believe he had done so much for her. As her thoughts dwelled on Michael, the very person running through her mind, tightened his arms around her waist.

On the first night of Lily's stay, Michael had come to her rescue after an upsetting nightmare. He had agreed to stay with her the rest of the night and wrapped her in his protective arms. Now that they were an official couple, Lily had invited him into her room after their night of dinner and dancing. Lily knew she could trust Michael and true to his character, he didn't try anything.

Last night was the fifth night of her stay. The fifth night that Lily and Michael shared a bed. Once the new couple had readied themselves for bed, they crawled under the covers. She didn't fail to notice the hunger in his eyes as he saw what she was wearing underneath her black, silk robe. Lily honestly wasn't trying to torture him. Clearly, the rose pink nightie she was wearing was doing just that.

Michael, even though he was clearly conflicted, simply had opened his arms. Welcoming her into his strong embrace, he pulled her close. With anyone else, Lily was sure she would have been scared to death, but Michael was not anyone else. Just looking into his eyes, she knew she could trust him with every fiber of her being. Her heart being no exception. Each night since then, he stayed in her room, holding her throughout the night.

As he held her close to him, Lily could feel Michael's heartbeat pounding in her back. With one arm underneath her, wrapped around her waist, his other one alternated between rubbing her arms, playing with her hair and occassionally stroking the curve of her hip. He sang her softly to sleep, all while dropping butterfly kisses on her cheek, neck and shoulder. Lily had never felt so safe, so happy. Not once did Michael overstep his boundaries. He was the perfect gentleman.

Turning in his arms, Lily peered up at Michael. She still couldn't believe this beautiful, handsome, sweet man was hers. He had given her his heart freely and there was no doubt that he had stolen hers. Lily honestly didn't believe she'd ever allow herself to love again. Then again, she guessed she really didn't have a say so in the matter. Now, however, she realized that refusing to love again was only allowing Mason to still control her. She'd be damned if she allowed him to control any aspect of her life ever again!

"What's going through that pretty little head of yours?" Michael's soft voice cut through her thoughts. Lily blinked in surprise. She had been looking right at him, but was so deep in thought that she didn't notice when his brown eyes had opened to look back at her.

"I was just thinking that I still can't believe this is happening", Lily muttered, blushing at being caught watching him sleep. Michael chuckled quietly.

"Shall I prove it to you?" Michael asked with a small smirk. Without giving her time to respond, his lips had captured hers in a sweet kiss. Eventually, the kiss became deeper and slightly more heated.

Several minutes later, Michael and Lily pulled away breathless. Michael smiled as he ran his fingers through her hair. Smiling back, she brought her hand up to stroke his cheek. Leaning up, Lily placed a sweet kiss on the tip of Michael's nose. Giggling, he returned the sweet gesture.

"Do you believe it yet?" Michael asked with a smirk. Lily giggled, grinning at him.

"I think I'm starting to. I might need just a little more convincing though", she replied, biting her lip.

"I think I can manage that", Michael smiled as he leaned down, taking her lips in a bruising kiss.

Michael's POV

Michael and Lily had been kissing for a couple of minutes, when she suddenly took him by surprise. Wrapping her arms around his neck, she pulled him down so he was laying on top of her. Pulling away, he peered down at her questioningly. Biting her lip, she spoke softly.

"You weren't close enough", was Lily's only explanation. She blushed as Michael grinned at her.

Michael couldn't help the rush of excitement he felt as he layed on top of Lily. The only thing stopping skin to skin contact was the thin material of their pajamas. Somewhat apprehensive of crossing the line and scaring her, he claimed her lips once more. His hands slowly ran from her hair, down to her shoulders. Grasping one of her hands, he entwined their fingers, holding it down next to her head. Michael's other hand tenderly caressed the curve of Lily's hip. She gasped, making him worry that he had in fact taken things too far. However, she just deepened the kiss, bending one leg.

Apparently, this morning was full of surprises. The biggest one yet was Lily grabbing Michael's hand, placing it on her bare knee. Once again, he took notice of just what she was wearing. As he kissed her, their tongues wrestled each other, battling for dominance. His hand slowly traveled from her knee to her thigh, kneading her soft, smooth skin. He was fairly certain that he had never wanted someone more than in this moment.

Although Michael knew it was nowhere near time for them to take that step in their relationship, God knew he wanted to. This was sweet torture and he didn't ever want it to end. Ripping his lips away from hers, he laid wet, open-mouthed kisses from the corner of her mouth to her ear. Lily shivered as he ran his tongue softly along the shell of her ear, then finally tugging on her earlobe. As his hands continued to explore her toned legs, his soft lips kissed the sensitive spot behind her ear. Moving down further, Michael kissed along Lily's jaw. Feeling braver, he continued until he was kissing her neck, praying she wouldn't slap him senseless. Instead, he was rewarded with a soft moan. Feeling his already typical morning situation increasing, he stopped. Panting heavily, he laid his forehead on the pillow, right next to her head.

"Did I...did I do something wrong?" Lily asked with a small voice. Michael could hear the worry in her tone. It killed him that she doubted herself so much.

"No, babygirl, not at all! If anything, you're doing everything a little too right", Michael smiled, stroking her cheek with the back of his hand.

"Then why did you stop?" Lily asked, confused. Michael chuckled at her adorable expression.

"I um...well, it-it's morning and I'm a man", Michael said, hoping that she wouldn't need any further explaination. No such luck.

"I don't understand", Lily said, sounding so innocent to him in that moment. Michael smirked, biting his lip.

"Does this answer your question?" Michael whispered huskily, grinding his hips into hers just enough to feel what she was capable of doing to him.

"O-oh! I-I I'm s-sorry", Lily stuttered, blushing a deep magenta.

"You have absolutely nothing to be sorry for, babygirl. It happens. Besides, waking up to you wearing that, along with what we were just doing? Sweetheart, you do that to me."

"I- I didn't know I could cause that kind of reaction. It's nice to know you like what you see", Lily said, smiling shyly. Michael could tell she was genuinely surprised at his desire for her.

Seriously. Mason. With my hands around his neck. Is that too much to ask? Michael asked himself silently.

"Of course I do! You're the most beautiful girl in the world to me, Lily", he assured her, dropping a kiss on her forehead. She smiled up at him.

"This was a rather nice way to start the day", Lily giggled, making him smirk at her. "I- I'm not ready to go all the way yet, but- but I was really enjoying what we were doing before." A blush was once again present on her cheeks. "Thank you, Michael", she said as she placed both hands on his face.

"What for?" Michael asked softly.

"For being patient with me. For not forcing me or pressuring me into anything I'm not ready for", Lily answered, her eyes glazing with unshed tears. "For being you", Lily shrugged with a smile.

"Babygirl, I promised you that I would wait as long as you need. I could never live with myself if I pressured you into doing something you might regret. I will always respect that. I love you, Lily", Michael said passionately as he cupped her face in his hands.

"I love you, too, Michael", Lily replied just above a whisper. "Now, where were we?" She said with a grin, pulling him back down to her.

"Hmm, I think just about....here", Michael chuckled, attaching his lips to hers once more as his hands went back to exploring her body.