La La Lainey

Eight

"How did you manage to sneak out?" Lola asked me when I sat into the seat across from her at Starbucks. "That looks good." She pointed my berry refresher.

"It wasn't as hard as I thought it'd be." I laughed, "Everyone left for interviews before I was even awake. I just have to be back at the hotel in an hour and no one will even know I left."

"When are you guys leaving for Vegas?" The whole reason that I had wanted to meet up with Lola today was because we were leaving for Las Vegas as soon as everyone was done with press.

"I don't even know." I laughed, "Sometime today. I just keep preparing myself to stay on a bus with Louis for five hours and not kill him."

"Can't you go with Michael?" This was something that I had been seriously considering, "Or are you not getting a hotel?"

"I don't know," I sighed, "I think I just need space from him right now. I think I could really fucking like him and it's kind of overwhelming."

"Why is it so overwhelming?" Lola asked. "Is it because of your brother?"

"Not really," I started to play with the strings in one of the holes of my jeans. "This is going to sound stupid because I just met you & we're friends, but I try really, really hard not to get attached to people because everyone just ends up leaving."

"I totally get where you're coming from." She said, "But from what I saw last night, I think you're worrying for nothing."

"I think you're right." I smiled, "Oh shit, I have to get going." I stood up and grabbed my bag from the floor. "Text me, maybe next time I'm here we can hang out again."

"I will!" Lola stood up too and gave me a hug, "I'm always down to listen if you need to vent."

"Same goes for you." I laughed.

--------

I ended up running into 5 Seconds of Summer and their fans on my way back into the hotel. "Are you okay?" Ashton asked me, "You look kind of green."

"I'm fine, thank you though." I smiled, "I knew girls went apeshit for my brother but I didn't realize they did it for you guys."

"It's unbelievable." He laughed, "Your boyfriend is over there." Ashton pointed to where Michael was taking pictures with a group of girls.

"He's not my boyfriend."

"Wait, Michael has a girlfriend?" A girl in the small crowd that had been standing near Ashton asked.

"No," I rolled my eyes, "Ashton just thinks he's funny." I lightly shoved Ashton and walked into the hotel lobby.

"I didn't even see you walk in." Michael said walking over the the elevator where I was waiting.

"That's probably for the best." I laughed, "There may be a rumor going around that you have a girlfriend because Ashton thinks he's funny."

"Any time I'm seen with a girl, we're dating. So I'm used to it." He pulled me into a hug once we got in the elevator. "As long as it doesn't bother you, I don't care."

"It doesn't." I let go of Michael and leaned into the corner of the elevator. "How come you're the only one going up to the room?"

"I need to finish packing." He laughed, "I always wait until last minute."

"Want me to help?" I asked, "I think you still have my clothes from the other night too."

"I'm not gonna say no to that." He grinned, grabbing my hand as the elevator doors opened on our floor. "Plus I get to spend time with you before we're separated for who knows how long."

"I really hope we're getting a hotel in Vegas." I leaned on wall next to the door to Michael's room while he fumbled with the room key. "I've heard Vegas parties are awesome."

"You know I'm always down to party." Michael grinned as he finally got the door open. I followed him in and sat on sat on the bed. "I thought you were going to help me pack?"

"I am!" I laughed getting off of the bed to sit on the floor next to Michael's open suitcase. "It looks like you have a pretty good start."

"I'm pretty much done, I just have a few little things. Do you want your clothes back?"

"Can you throw them in your bag until we get to Vegas?" I asked, "I'm pretty sure my bag is already on the bus."

"You're on the bus with 1D, right?" Michael put my clothes in his suitcase before zipping it shut. "I think that's everything."

"Yeah, I'm really looking forward to spending five hours on a bus with my brother." I rolled my eyes.

"Five hours?! I'm going to miss you." Michael smirked pulling me towards him.

"We still have a few hours left before we're separated." I grinned before kissing him.

"I like the way you think." Michael pulled me on to his lap.

"Jesus Christ! Why am I always the one who walks in on you two?" Luke exclaimed. "The buses are waiting for us."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll be shocked if anyone still reads this.