Status: In Progress

I Saw Her Standing There

Gorgeous

As soon as she walked in, I froze. I haven't seen anyone like her. The way her hair falls just the right way to frame her face, or how her eyes are the brightest most beautiful shade of blue I've ever seen. Maybe it's the way she smiles, and her dimples come out to show how truthfully happy she really is. Oh, but her laugh. It's her laugh that sells it all. It's like a strong melody. It's not soft, at all, it's quite loud, but I'm happy I can hear it from the other side of the bar.

She's wearing worn down ripped jeans, and a white tank top tucked into a large belt buckle. I can't see her shoes from here, but I'll bet money they're boots, and she looks great in them. She's with who I'm guessing are her friends. She takes two shots like they're nothing. Maybe they aren't, maybe they are, I don't care, but even when she's wiping whiskey from her lips she looks fantastic.

What am I doing? I'm married, I have a beautiful wife and child, I'm in love. I have a family, a wonderful family. I can't think of another woman like that. I love my wife with all my heart. I can't think of another girl like that.

"Hey, Flower," I hear a voice behind me say. I turn around and see Kris. He's smiling and carrying two beers. "You've been staring over there for awhile. See something you like?" He winks. I smile and shake my head.

"No, I just zoned out," I say. He hands me a beer and I take a swig. I glance back over at her, but quickly look away. I'm not thinking of her like that. I'm happily married and have a family, and that's that.

"Gotcha," Kris says, and leans on the counter. "How's Vero and Estelle?" He's trying to make conversation. I haven't seen him in weeks since his stroke. I smile and look at him.

"They're doing great. Vero's helping me out a lot with her. I love kissing her cause she has those chubby cheeks, you know?" Kris nods and smiles.

"I'm glad you're happy, Flower," he says and pats me on the back. I nod my head.

"Yeah, me too," I say, and can't help but glance one more time at the table she was at. Not seeing her, I look around trying to find her. I soon see her walking up to the counter, probably to buy more drinks. She walks right next to me and leans on the counter. My heart beats fast, horribly fast, like how I felt during my NHL debut...or when I saw Veronique...

"Can I get two rounds of shots please?" I hear her perfect voice. I can't help but stare at her. I manage to keep from smiling, but staring at her isn't helping my case. I'm finding more perfect things about her as I stare.

Sure enough she's wearing boots, and as I predicted, she looks great in them. I can see her perfectly tanned skin under the rips in her jeans, and her belt is camouflaged. I grin when I see the 'blingy' designs on top of the camo. Tomboy, but not quite?

"What kind?" Shouts the bartender, not looking back at her. He's missing out.

"Surprise me," she replies and taps the counter a few times. She looks at me and gives me a small smile. "Hey there, I'm Jessica. You can call me Jess. Just Jess," she puts out a hand for me to shake. I shake it.

"I'm Marc-Andre. You can call me Marc," I tell her. She raises her eyebrows, obviously surprised.

"I knew I saw you from somewhere. You're Marc-Andre Fleury," she says, pointing a finger. I smile, now knowing she knows who I am. I nod my head. I should be saying something witty, but I can't. She makes me speechless.

"And I'm Kris. Kris Letang," Kris says from behind me and holds out a hand. She looks away from me and up to him. She shakes his hand and smiles.

"I know you too! Your whole team here?" she asks. I shake my head.

"Nope, just us, two buddies," Kris says, and wraps an arm around me and pulls me tight. I smile and shrug out of the hug. She laughs.

"I can see the love," she says and a try of shots is served to her. She takes the tray and holds it with both of her hands. "Well, it was nice talking to you."

"Hey, maybe I could get your number? We could talk more then, it was quite nice," Kris says, smiling. What a cheesy pickup line. She smiles, in spite of it and nods her head. She gives him her number and smiles at both of us and walks back to her table. I bring my eyes away from her and back to Kris. He's looking at his phone and smiling.

"So you going to keep this one this time? Or throw it out? She seems like a really great girl," I tell him. He shrugs.

"I think I'll keep it. She does seem okay," he says, and slips his phone back into his pocket. He looks back up at me. "You want her number?"

"No! Vero, Kris, Veronique," I tell him. He nods his head and puts his hands up.

"I gotcha, I gotcha. She is really hot," he tells me. I nod my head, not showing expression, but of course he's right. She's more than hot, though. She's gorgeous. "Come on man, we got practice tomorrow morning, let's go." I nod and follow my friend out of the bar, taking one last look at her. She looks up and waves. I smile back and walk out.

~~~~~~~

"I heard Kris got a hot girls number last night," Beau says in the locker room. I hear 'ooooos' and aaaaahs' coming from around the room.

"Eh, what's new?" James says, smirking. Laughs come from around the room. I stay quiet as I put on my pads. Looser and looser as I go up.

"Well, you were with him, Flower, was she?" Simon asks. I shrug my shoulders.

"Sure," I tell him in monotone.

"'Sure', he says. She was either smoking or okay, come on man," Robert says. I smile and sit back on the bench from getting my pads on.

"Let's keep our focus on practice, eh?" I tell them, wishing I could say how amazing she looked, how amazing she was, her personality, everything. It didn't stop with her looks, her personality is an amazing bonus. She wasn't just hot, she was gorgeous.

"Alright, alright," he replies and gets his chest protector on.

I finish with my gear and grab my stick and leave the locker room to practice. 'I love Veronique,' I repeat to myself. It's completely true, I don't know why I'm thinking of another girl like this. I love Vero with all of my heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you guys like this story, and obviously this is completely fake, we all know Flower loves Vero and always will, this just creates drama, which works for stories. I hope you like it.