Take It or Leave It

Alivia McCarter believed in a lot of things; cheap takeout, karma, the power of Disney movies, and the security of anonymity (whether that be in the form of an impossibly large city or her Tumblr filled with her writing and photography). But she didn’t believe in a lot more, mainly her parents’ morals and standards. So when she inherited a large sum of money after her eighteenth birthday, she cut and dyed her hair and moved to New York, a city known for its anonymity. What she was expecting was to put herself back together, figure out who she was, and hopefully come up with some miraculous idea of where her life was going before she graduated. What she wasn’t expecting was an anonymous message that led to drunken nights filled with shared beds and secrets and pacts with a boy and a situation just as messy and complicated as her.

A slightly unrealistic story of a lonely, anxiety-ridden, mess of a girl with an even messier blog and a slight obsession with Arcade Fire, a selfless, clumsy, burnt-out star of a boy with a lot of guilt and a mild addiction to York peppermint patties, the anonymous factors that brought them together and a break that will make or break them both.

Alivia/Harry/a lot of Pickles the cat with three legs and nosy anons

(trigger warning for anxiety, self hatred, and fucked up home lives)