Silenced Cries

Are You Aware of How You Make Me Feel?

Is it true? Have you given up? Is it true you want to move on? I do not want to let you go, but if turning away and putting you in my rearview mirror was to only option I had left, I guess I would have to manage, regardless of how hard it may be. I feel like this is a horrible way to go our separate ways. After all, you wanted to break up over Facebook. How mature is that? If you really did care like you say you do, you would talk to me face-to-face. I want to believe you cannot be serious, but a part of me wonders if I am just too much to handle, meaning I tend to complain and get emotional about a lot of things. You do realize when I care about someone, I would drop everything for them; I care too damn much. When I found out you wanted to break-up because you could not date someone who was not even there, I felt a piece of me die inside.

Distance should not matter. What should matter is the effort you put forth for the relationship to last. I know we are both busy and always have been, but we both knew what we were getting ourselves into before we made a commitment. I had my doubts, but that did not stop me from believing. I was not giving up so easy. I am a fighter. If I had to fight for you, I would fight for you until the end.

I thought about al the things we did together; from the very first day we met to every little detail in between, leading up to this very moment. While writing this, I nearly burst into tears. However, I held myself back from looking like a fool in front of my friends. You want to know why I almost cried? Because I was the happiest I had been in a long time being with you; you do not understand. It took me awhile to get over my last relationship, then I was dealing with family bullshit and I was too busy to catch myself if something... another reason why I was so leery on dating you. Whenever I was alone with you, I felt so alive; so at peace; all my troubles seemed to have been washed away.. I could never seem to do that with anyone else. You were my great escape. You listened to all my pointless dramas and still respected me for who I am.

Derek, all I am really trying to say is you mean more to me than I ever care to express. No communication makes you feel so alone. I feel lost without you. We used to talk every day, from a single "Good morning beautiful" text to "sweet dreams babe." I want that back. I want YOU back. I can take the long distance. We can still talk to each other, video chat, even visit when we are both free... it just comes down to this:

Are you willing to put in just as much effort I am willing to? Or are you better off just turning around and walking the other way?