Silenced Cries

I Wish I Could Break Your Heart.

Have we come to an end? Is this where we break off into two? How did we come down to this? I just want you to know how bad you are killing me inside. Whether or not it was intentional, I wake up every morning hoping maybe, just maybe I will get one of those good morning texts I used to look forward to getting... you know, the ones that always put a smile back on my face? It was the perfect way to start off my day. Whenever I was in a bad mood, your texts always made me feel better. Just talking to you in general was amazing. Having something like that being thrown away leaves you feeling empty inside. I do not care how busy you are or claim to be. If you have time to go on Facebook and post about Pokémon and shit, you have time to at least text or call back once in awhile. I am not mad, I am just frustrated that I feel like such a bystander, basically a nobody in your life. You tell me you care and deep down I believe you.

I have seen how affectionate you truly are. I have seen how you are with your family.. your brothers and sisters... what I wanted to tell you before was that I know one day you are going to be an amazing dad. I knew that from the very first date we went on at the diner after work. I do not expect you to remember, but it is something I picked up on quickly. Really, I think that is one reason I fell so hard for you. I wanted to be with someone who owned those qualities. You owned a lot, which surprised me... it's just... looking back now, it is a struggle to believe someone so caring and passionate could vanish into thin air like the blink of an eye. I know that person is still deep inside you. Every time I am around you, that side of you comes back... it is hard for you to hide, but the distance is what kills you inside. I have seen too many relationships either succeed proudly or crumble miserably before my eyes because of long-distance. Why? Because there is always that one person who gives up or fucks up. And what happened to the other? They are still standing, hanging on for dear life that there is still hope, hope that everything can pick-up where they left off; rebuild a foundation for their relationship, but in the end, most of those still standing end up getting kicked to the side and forgotten and there is nothing they can to do to save them. They are too far gone and a lot of times are told they do not want to be saved. They would rather move on than to give the long-distance a chance; they give up before it actually begins.

Maybe the timing was not right, but I would never turn around and take back the night. You will never be a regret; just a lesson in disguise. The memories made are forever. You cannot just forget something or someone who changed your life; the one who made a big impact in their lives, whether they want to see it or not. It is the truth and it will always remain the truth. So next time you hear that song on the radio or flirt with the next pretty girl, you will think of me. You will remember what was shared, what went wrong, and what could have been. "If life was a movie, then it wouldn't end like this, left without a kiss."

P.S. There's a playlist of songs I dedicate just to you. Reminds me of the damage you caused.