Status: also written on fanfiction.net

Breaking Point

Chapter One

“Jae West is getting boring. It’s becoming a chore to watch her in the ring. Your matches are the bathroom break matches.”

The young woman closed her eyes and took a deep breath. The second this meeting was called for, she immediately knew there was nothing good to come out of it. She had been nervous from the second she received the e-mail. Being a female wrestler was one of the hardest things to do. There’s a look you have to maintain, an attitude, and of course an age- which can’t necessarily be controlled. And although she had been the face of the women’s division for quite some time, she knew her character was growing stale.

For months she was always compared to John Cena. Her work on the microphone was excellent, and her in-ring skill was incomparable. There was a reason she was the fan favorite for so long. It was a compliment to be compared to John Cena. The man has practically carried the company on his back for the past 10 years. Of course, it was an honor to her. But she’s played the good girl character for too long. She could feel the fans getting bored of her. Boo’s were starting to come out in burst during her matches, as well as “this is boring” chants. She now saw why people compared her to John Cena. It wasn’t her mic skill or her popularity or her good looks. She was compared to the face of the company because she was getting boring, overrated and one-dimensional.

“Look, Jada. We know you don’t have complete control over your storylines and your in-ring gimmick, but you’re getting boring. We have this whole new storyline for you, where you turn heel at TLC. But, in all honesty, we’re just not sure if you can pull it off or not.” Jane, one of her bosses, told her.

“You’re a little too nice. The new Jae West we have in mind is a complete Jezebel. We all think this new character can bring back something interesting to Jae West… we just want to make sure you can pull it off first. Nothing worse than a girl who can’t play her gimmick.”

“I know I can do this. Just give me a chance. Please.”

“Jada, you have two weeks to perfect this character.” Jane said dropping a folder in her lap before leaving.

Jada looked through the notes in the folder and fell in love with the new character. She had been trying to take on a heel role for the past few weeks, but for some reason, no one could see her doing it. She had been a good girl for so long it practically ruined her image. No one could imagine her as a bad girl. She was always told she was too nice. Jada didn’t see it that way, though. She just thought of herself as being respectful backstage. Jada respected her coworkers and they all respected her back.

Maybe she really did come off as too nice.

But all this was going to change. She was going to be a bad girl at all costs.

Jae West has been teamed up with Zack Ryder for the past few weeks, and she’s helped push him to the moon. He was highly underused, but the second the WWE placed them together, not only was he seeing more and more ring time, he was also seeing more victories. But now that the fans were becoming displeased with Jae West, that displeasure was rubbing off on Zack Ryder. The WWE took such a long time to get him back to the top, they had to take Jae out of his arms. She was starting to ruin his image. If they could get her to backstab him at Payback, it would be perfect for both superstars. Zack Ryder would get the sympathy card, and Jae West would officially become interesting again.

She knew she could pull it off. Only if the rest of the board had the same confidence she had in herself.
The second Jada told the rest of the divas about the impending storyline, they all pretty much laughed in her face.

“No offense, Jada, but I’m not sure if you can do this. You are way too nice and I don’t know if the crowd would believe you.” The beautiful Brie Bella said as she read the potential script outline.

“Have you considered maybe taking acting classes?” The third generation superstar, Natalya, asked.

“I’m taking some right now to work my mic skill, you can come along with me sometimes.”
Jada sighed, “Yeah, I’ve thought about it plenty of times. But you guys, I have two weeks to make this work.”

“Two weeks is all they’re giving you?” The busty brunette, Nikki Bella, asked with wide eyes.

“Girl, yes.”

“They trippin’. They could have at least gave you more time to prepare for this.” Trinity said as she put on her wrestling outfit for tonight. “But I mean, it is the WWE and ya’ gotta be quick if you want something done.”

“I know. That’s why I’m so stressed out.”

“Look, Jada, this new character they want you to play sounds like a complete heartbreaker. And I don’t know if you have a heart breaking bone in your body.” Nikki explained as she coated lip gloss on her perfectly plump lips.

“The solution is simple. Just find a guy in the locker room and make him fall in love with you, then break up with him.” Ariane said in complete sarcasm.
But Jada took it as a challenge.

“You know what? I’ll do it. I’ll prove to all you girls back here and every prick on the creative team, that I, Jada Wesley, can and will be a heart breaker. I’ll be completely charming and sweet, you know? Make him fall in love with me, and before TLC comes, just break his little heart.”

“Well, Jada, if you’re going to do this… you can’t do it with just any guy on the roster. You’re a gorgeous girl, you can’t just approach one of them. Because the second you give one of these guy’s any sort of attention they’ll immediately fall in your trap. You have to choose someone that won’t fall too easy. It will be more convincing and you’ll learn more.” Nikki told her, and Jada agreed.
It would be too easy to go for a sucker and make them fall in love with her. She had to choose a challenge. Someone who didn’t believe too much in love. She had to choose someone that really challenged her. Someone who challenged her to raise her seductive levels, someone who challenged her to be more of a flirt. And in the back of her mind, sat the perfect person to do the job.

Jonathan Good, or Dean Ambrose, sat in the backstage area with Joe and Colby (Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins, respectively). Joe had his fiancé and his young daughter with him as they all sat and chatted in the back. They weren’t talking about anything that interested John too much, so his mind was more in tonight’s match than anything else.

“Joe, you’re going to Hawaii in a few weeks right?” Colby asked, this snapped Jon out of his thoughts.

“Wait, when and why are you going to Hawaii and why is this the first time I’m hearing about this?”

“Because you ain’t never listen.” Joe laughed. “But I’m going for Jimmy and Trinity’s wedding. You know us Samoan’s are all related and shit. Hella family is gonna be there, so I gotta go and support him and Trinity.”

Jon shook in disgust. “I hate weddings.”

“You’re just mad because you’re probably never going to get married.” Colby shot back.
Joe chuckled, “he’s just mad because he can’t find a girl to settle down with.”

“Look, fellas, it’s not that I can’t find a girl to settle down with… I just simply don’t enjoy the thought of being with one woman for the rest of my life. I have so many to choose from, why should I stick to just one?”

“You’ll never know, man. Joe and I have been with the same girls for so long now, and I know I speak for the both of us when I say that being in a solid relationship feels a lot better than jumping from girl to girl.” Colby said.

Jon wasn’t coldhearted. Not even a little bit. In all honesty, if he could meet a girl to be different than the rest, he would love to settle down with her. But being on the road all the time, it was hard to find a girl that was willing to stay faithful. No girl is completely willing to settle down with a man that’s always on the road. Colby and Joe were just lucky. But no one is ever that lucky. Plus, all the girls he met on the road were only interested in Dean Ambrose, his money, and his title. None of them actually cared about Jonathan Good. Why risk the pain of a heart break when he can just jump from one girl to another?

It hurt a lot less.

“The day I find that girl, will be one hell of a day.” Jon replied to Colby.

“Man, you ain’t looking hard enough. You find one girl and just toss her to the side right after. When was the last time you sat down and actually got to know a girl for more than the five minutes you spend with her?” Joe asked.

“It’s like 8 minutes. C’mon man, gimme more credit.” Jon laughed. “But, getting to know a girl takes too long and way too much effort.”

“Why not give it a try? I mean, how bad could it be? You never know if you don’t put in some effort.” Colby said, really convinced that he could make his best friend a one-woman type of man. “There are so many nice girls, you just don’t give any of them a chance because you’re more concerned about doing the ‘you-know-what,’” he said trying to be more careful with his choice of words since Joe’s daughter was in the room.

“Yeah, man. Next girl you meet, shoot, just give her a chance. You really don’t know unless you try.”

“Fine. Have it your way, you guys. Maybe I will meet the one, but I highly doubt that.”

This was going to be beyond interesting for John and a completely new experience. So many of his peers were engaged or getting married or have been in long, serious committed marriages. John dreaded being alone more than anything. Even though he had the great company of his friends and his coworkers and his fans, they would eventually all leave him for their own families and loved ones. John was too scared he would end up by himself. He had to take this next girl seriously and try everything in his power to not mess it up.

The next girl he met or even the next girl he dated, he was determined to fall in love with her and all her flaws.

Little did he know, the next girl to enter his life had completely different intentions. She planned to tear him to shreds.

Jon Good was notoriously known backstage to go around breaking girls’ hearts. He was the guy who could not be messed with. The man was reputed to have no feelings at all. He would love them and leave them in an instant. Jae West was determined to get into his head and prove she had it in her to eat a man alive. She was going to do whatever it took to cement her place on the roster.
Even if it meant going against her own morals and decimate a man and his heart.
If he had known her intentions, he wouldn’t have approached her to begin with.
♠ ♠ ♠
this story is loosely based off of the plot line in How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days. I just needed some Dean Ambrose in my life, so enjoy and please let me know what y'all think!