Status: also written on fanfiction.net

Breaking Point

Chapter Two

Jae West applied more pressure to the lock she had on the woman’s upper back and arms. The woman refused to tap out and Jae could feel her struggling to break the lock. But although Jae was a small woman, she had incredibly strong legs. There was no way AJ Lee was going to break out of the Lotus Lock.

The once popular diva was no powerhouse and nowhere near a juggernaut. She didn’t have the strength to toss the women on the roster around like rag dolls. But Jae West was quick on her feet and had an even stronger set of submission moves. She knew the counter to every submission and could apply so many different types of holds on anybody at any given circumstance. AJ Lee’s Black Widow had no control over Jae West. She got out of it every time. And because Jae West never put another diva over her, it became her weakness. People were getting bored of watching her win all the time. The only reason AJ Lee was still champion was because of the third generation diva, Tamina Snuka, she had in her corner.

WWE couldn’t help but give Jae West the victories, however. She was such a strong competitor and had such a solid wrestling background. Being only 25, she was one of the youngest divas on the roster, and one with the most wrestling experience. The WWE loved the girl. She was witty and likable on the mic, she kicked major ass in the ring, and she had the looks they sought out for. But their favoritism showed to the WWE universe and they were tired of the face of the diva’s division.

The face had to change.

And whether she was going to be replaced, or her attitude was going to change, the audience couldn’t bear to watch Jae West matches any longer.

She felt a hand hit her leg repeatedly, which resulted in the sound of a bell.

“… And your winner, as a result by submission, Jae West!”

There was something different about tonight. Instead of a silent crowd, or a crowd that had gone up to use the bathroom, this crowd was an actual live crowd. One she hadn’t heard in her entire career. The whole arena burst into boo’s and jeers. “This is boring” chants emanated throughout the crowd. And although Jae’s hand was raised in the air, she held her head down low. Major things needed to be changed.

She was going to do whatever it took to get that heel role.

The fans weren’t booing her because she did such a good job at playing a villain. In fact, she was Super Woman in this case. But she played that role for too long, and the fans just got tired of her. She walked backstage and met all the divas at the gorilla pit. Her head still hung low and she felt tears threatening to spill over.

But Jae West wasn’t weak.

“Tough crowd?’ Brie asked her as she put a finger under her chin, raising her head up.

Jada laughed, “I didn’t notice.”

At the moment, Jane came up to the young victor with a straight face. “Jada, you really need to work on this heel turn. With that reaction, it’s not looking too good for you. Remember, we have three weeks left until TLC, and two weeks until the meeting where we discuss your heel turn. There, you’re going to run a few lines for us, maybe cut a promo and we’ll see if you’re ready for TLC.”

As Jane walked away, Jada released a sigh of distress. “How am I going to do this? I don’t know how to be mean! I spent the last ten years training for wrestling. Why didn’t I think about cutting promos and working on different personalities?”

“Look, Jada, you can do this. We’ll all work on this with you. From the notes I read, you’re practically breaking up with Ryder in like, the worst way possible. You can’t tell me you’ve never broken up with anybody before?” Nikki asked.

Jae’s lips pursed together and she shook her head ‘nope.’

“God, Jada. You’re such a fucking saint. We’re going to find you a sucker to fall in love with you, and you’re going to break his heart, you hear me? We’re going to make this work.” Nikki was determined to get her best friend in the right state of mind. She wasn’t going to let her best friend lose the spotlight because she had no mean bone in her body.

“I’m just so stressed. I don’t know why this is so hard. I can read these lines and I can cut this promo. I know I can.”

“Honey, anyone can read anything off a sheet of paper. Making it believable is what’s hard.”

After the show, Jon, Colby and Joe found themselves at a local bar. A long night of promos and wrestling could only be relieved with an ice cold beer shared amongst good friends. It was unbelievable how huge the boys have gotten over the past year. Although they were the bad boys of the WWE, they were also some of the favorites. They had t-shirts, jackets, other miscellaneous merchandise all over the WWE shop, and they surprisingly had so many fans. It was crazy how much people were drawn to the hounds of justice.
Especially the girls.

Jon found himself having a ton of crazy girls that loved him and followed him everywhere. He always used crazy in its most sincere form, because he was quite the nutcase himself. Crazy is what crazy does, he thought. He loved all of them, though. He did what he did not only for his own pleasure, but for his fans too. He loved them and they loved him back.

But every time he met a new girl, it was always Jon Moxley and Dean Ambrose that they cared about. Rarely were they ever interested in Jon Good. He just wanted someone who would look past all his crazy mannerisms, all his goofy dancing and his joker persona. He just wanted to meet someone normal. Someone who wasn’t too crazy or obsessed.

“Look around, boys. These girls aren’t meant to be loved.” He said as he stared around the bar. Girls were taking shots everywhere, getting drinks bought for them by mysterious men, some even tried to come over to talk to the boys, but the bar security made sure the Shield had an easy evening.

“I don’t want to go after any of these ring rats. I just want a girl that wants me for me. The way you guys see me. You guys know all my weird shit, and accept me for who I am. You boys are my brothers. And I thank you guys.” Jon said taking a sip from his beer.

Colby laughed, “I’ll drink to that, brother. You’ll find your girl.”

“You see, you guys are lucky you found a girl before you hit big time. They loved y’all when y’all were nobodies.” Jon chuckled. “Me? It’s too late for me now. Girls already know me, and if they don’t, they find out what I do and then they’ll only be interested in the money. Wonder how they’ll feel when I drive an old busted truck.” He laughed before taking a drink.

“Hey, man. What about dating a girl we work with? They understand the business, they know what it’s like to travel, and they know the business. Why not take a shot? Plus, since they already work here, they won’t mark out at the sight of the big lights and fancy things.” Joe suggested.

“More than half the divas are married or in relationships. I do not want to meet the wrath of John Cena if I tried to pull a move on Nikki, and Bryan is too nice of a guy for me to put a move on Brie. Plus, they’re engaged! The Funk girls are out of the picture-“

“Danielle, Renee, Jada? They’re all single from what I hear.” Colby asked, cutting him off.
Jada Wesley. Now there was a pretty girl. “There is no way a girl like Jada is single.”

“Nah man, word around the locker room is that she’s single.” Joe confirmed.

“I don’t know… I feel like she might be a little too much of a good girl for me. I don’t know if she’d be able to handle my lifestyle.” Jon replied.

“Well, maybe that’s the type of girl you need, right? She’s an ultimate sweetheart, she’s gorgeous and she knows the business.”

“You really think she would go for someone like me?” Jon asked, wondering the possibilities.

“If you approach her correctly, I don’t see why not. The other diva’s seem to take a liking to you, for whatever reason.” Colby teased.

“I’ve got the face of a champion, why not?” Jon laughed.

Jada Wesley was definitely one of the prettier girls on the roster. She was the total package. She had the perfect body, a pretty smile, and a winning personality. There was nobody in the back that had a bad thing to say about her. She was a well-respected girl and a hard work ethic. It was impossible not to like her. She was experiencing a rough patch with the audience, but if they knew her in person, they would be a fan of hers, too.

Jon actually knew Jada from when she was in the Indies and wrestling under the name ‘Lana Heyward.’ He was wrestling on the east coast, and she was on the west coast. But the Indies was a small world. Everybody knew everybody. Especially the women’s division. Female wrestlers were sort of a rare thing in the Indies- but if you were good, everybody knew you. And a lot of people knew exactly who Lana Heyward was. It was no surprise when the WWE called her up to join their developmental team.

“I don’t know, man. I say you go up and talk to her tomorrow during Smackdown. I think she has a match, so she should definitely be there.”

“A girl like that? Definitely worth a shot.” Jon said with a smile.

The next night on Smackdown, Jada paced back and forth in the backstage common area. She was already in her ring gear but she was completely nervous. Tonight, she was going to beat Tamina Snuka, but she wanted to lose so badly. She couldn’t bear to go out there and hear more boo’s. Jada worked so hard to get here. And she didn’t want to go back to where she came from. It would be an amazing feat if they were booing her because she was such a good heel, but they were booing her because she was a bad face.

Something interesting needed to happen with her character quick. And it wouldn’t happen unless she learned how to be a real bad girl. It wasn’t enough for her to believe in herself, but she had to get everybody else to believe in her, too.

As she paced back and forth, she felt a presence come from behind her. She whipped around and came face-to-face with Jonathan Good. She was slightly taken aback, but she smiled.
Just the guy I was waiting for, she thought to herself. There was not one person more notoriously known for having no feelings than Jonathan Good. He was the ultimate bad boy, and from all the stories the girls told backstage, it was impossible to break his heart. The only thing he loved was wrestling. That was the only thing on his mind. If he were to spend a night with a woman that would absolutely be it. He would be gone before she could even roll over in bed.
She didn’t know if these stories were 100% true, but enough people told the same story to make it seem genuine.

“Hey, Jada.” He smiled with his hands in his pocket. Being this close to Jon gave him a very boyish quality. Something she had never seen in Jon. She was more wrapped up in his Dean Ambrose character.

“Hi, Jon. What’s up?”

“Just wanted to wish you luck, tonight. I know you don’t really need it… But good luck.”
She smiled, confused, yet interested. “Thanks, Jon.” And with that, he walked away.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have up until chapter 9 written, two comments and I'll post the next one!