Status: also written on fanfiction.net

Breaking Point

Chapter Three

It was the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, and since the superstars and the divas had already finished filming both RAW and Smackdown, the WWE family held a small Thanksgiving dinner before everyone flew home to see their friends and families. The WWE did this every year, and Jada was proud to say that this was her second year celebrating the holidays with the most wonderful people. It was nice seeing everyone out of their ring gear and seeing everybody in stress-free moods. It was a time for all the superstars to get together and just be thankful for one another.

Jon hated Thanksgiving. He hated Christmas. He hated Valentine's Day. He hated Mother's day, and Father's day was no exception. New Year's, St. Patrick's Day and the Fourth of July? Those were the holidays he enjoyed. Those holidays gave him an excuse to drink an excessive amount and become completely obliterated without looking too much like an asshole. But these holidays? There was too much mush and fake love. Why take out one day to celebrate love and happiness, when you should appreciate that every day? Jon talked to himself as he sipped on his beer.

If it were up to him, he'd be at the Orlando apartment WWE paid for. He would be laying on his couch in his birthday suit watching old wrestling tapes- trying to learn new moves and pick up some new ideas for his character. But with much thanks to Joe and Colby, he was present in a ballroom, dressed in a monkey suit. If it weren't for those boys, Jon probably wouldn't do too many things. He was his own person and made his own decisions, but Joe and Colby were good influences on him.

Jada Wesley walked around the hotel's ballroom as she saw all the superstars and divas dressed to impress, grabbing plates of food. When it came to Thanksgiving, no one knew what the word 'diet' meant. She, herself, held a plate with slices of honey roasted ham, mashed potatoes, and candied yam. The past few months she had been on a strict diet, but tonight was an exception.

She found a table right with the rest of the divas and placed herself in between Natalya and Nikki. The divas were chatting about their plans for the holidays, and who they were spending it with and the other joys that came with Thanksgiving. She picked at her food and listened to their conversation.

"What about you, Jae?" Brie asked.

"Oh, me? I'm staying in Florida for our break."

"Aww, you're not going to go home to see your family?" The beautiful red head, Eva Marie, asked before Trinity nudged her with her elbow. "What?" Eva asked.

Jada pursed her lips together and let out a soft sigh. "I don't really talk to my family, anymore…"

"Oh. I'm sorry, I didn't know." Eva apologized.

"It's not your fault, Eva. Don't worry." Jada said with a smile, letting the red head know she completely accepted her apology.

A lot of people didn't know about Jada's relationship, or lack thereof, with her family. If it were up to her, nobody would know about her family and why they no longer wanted to talk to her. But Jada was an honest person and didn't like to lie to her friends. So when they kept asking her about them, she told them everything that happened and answered all their questions without hesitation.

Once the divas got the truth out of Jada, they kept it at that. They knew it bothered her a lot, so they tried to talk about it as little as possible. However, Brie and Nikki knew what it was like to have a torn relationship with a family member (let alone every family member) and have tried a few times to talk to Jada about reconciling with them. But every time they tried, the results did not turn the way they wanted, only leaving Jada with an even heavier heart.

It was Jada's fault from the very beginning.

When she was fifteen and became one of the few girls to join the wrestling team at her school, her entire family thought it was just for fun, something to help keep her in shape, and something she could add to her college applications to make her look like an even better candidate. She was a smart girl, to say the least. She got decent enough grades, but she was a hard worker. Her teachers and her family could see that. They all thought she would go to college and pursue a career in the medicine field, or even in the business field.

But when she graduated high school and turned eighteen, she told her family she did not want to go to school. School was not for her. Jada did not detest anything more than she detested school. She didn't agree with the grading systems and how a student's level of intelligence was based off of a letter grade rather than actual hard work. She didn't agree with the tuition prices, she thought education should be free. There were just too many thing she didn't find right in the school system.

There was nothing about school that excited Jada or sparked any sort of passion within her core.

It was wrestling that she was in love with.

The second she told her family that she wanted to go to wrestling school instead of an actual school, it was all over for her. She was kicked out of the house and forced to find a place for herself. She was not only cut off financially, but she was also cut off emotionally. No one wanted to talk to her. No one answered her calls or her messages. All the times she's tried to reach out to them, there was nobody there waiting for her.

She moved on from her family a very long time ago.

There was no doubt she loved them, she loved them a lot. Jada wished every day that they would welcome her back in and so she could share this experience with them. Every time she was hurt she wanted to call them up and cry to them. Every time she won a match she wanted to come home to them and they would be happy for her. But she never got to share any of those moments with them. She was alone.

The thought of her family was one of the few things that brought real tears to her eyes, and the more she thought about spending another Thanksgiving without them caused her to get up and excuse herself from the divas table.

She made her way to the outdoor patio that overlooked the greater Miami area. It was a breathtaking view and she smiled to herself. All Jada needed was to take a breath. The thought of her family stressed her out, but looking at the view and the clear blue waters eased her mind and relieved the anxiety.

"Couldn't deal with everybody in there?" A voice asked, breaking the silent.

The voice was familiar to her, so she didn't have to second guess who it belonged to. "Just a little bit, Jon."

"What are you doing out here?" He asked.

She shrugged, "I could be asking you the exact same thing."

He groaned. "All the talk about family and flying out and love and food and thanks and more family and shit got a little too much for my liking."

"That makes the two of us," she laughed.

"Wait, so you're not doing anything this Thanksgiving, either?"

She shook her head 'no.'

"Huh, that's interesting."

"What is?" She asked.

"I dunno. Girl like you? Figured you would be going home to see your family." Jada always struck Jon as the family-oriented girl. She looked like there was nothing more important to her than family. Looked like every time she won a match she would call them with a smile on her face. Or every time she lost or every time she was hurt, they would immediately be on the phone as she cried to them.

She laughed, "a girl like me? I'll let you know I haven't seen or talked to my family in about two years."

His eyes went wide. That was something he didn't know about the beautiful woman in front of him. "Well, a girl like you, you know? You're so sweet and friendly. I mean, I know I don't know you all too well, but you're always smiling backstage, and you seem like your friends with everybody. Just looks like you came from a real tight-knit family."

"That's the thing about some people. You look at them, and sometimes you think you can read them, but you really can't." She stopped her own thoughts and looked at Jon. She heard so many different things about him, and even just looking at him she judged him right off the bat. Jada figured he was some sort of wild, mad man who had no manners. He just found girls off the street, had his way with them and let them free. Maybe she should begin practicing her own preach because there were so many things she didn't know about Jon.

Was she really capable of playing with his feelings? He's a human being, and his feelings are just as real as hers. She knew what it was like to be hurt and it wasn't a pleasant feeling.

But there was nothing she wanted more than having a successful career. She was going to learn how to be a bad girl, if it was the last thing she did.

"Well, if it makes you feel any better, that makes the two of us." He said using the same phrase she used a few moments ago.

"Huh?" She asked, still stuck in her thoughts.

"I'm not that close to my family, either." He said as he put his hands in his pockets and shrugged.

"I'm sorry. I know it's not a good feeling."

"Looks like we have a few things in common." Jon smiled at her.

She laughed and looked down. She could feel her cheeks turning red. He had such a charm about him and if she were to be honest, it drew her in. "We have one thing in common, Good."

"But it's quite a big thing to have in common with someone else, right?" He asked with a smirk.

"You're right. But we're still two completely different people."

"We might have more in common than you think. Like I said, I don't really know you all too well."

She raised her brow.

"As much as I'd love to stand out here and look out at this beautiful view with a beautiful girl, I'm sure Joe and Colby are looking for me, so I'll have to see you later. If you're going to be in Florida the next few days, let me know."

He smiled and grabbed her hand. He placed a soft kiss on her tanned skin and began to walk away.

Before he was completely gone, he turned around.

"Maybe we can be alone together."

She nodded.

Maybe.

The next two weeks were going to be very interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry for lack of updates, trying to get back into it. like I said, I have up until chapter 9 written!