Status: also written on fanfiction.net

Breaking Point

Chapter Four

Jada immediately removed the dress she had on at the little banquet the second she arrived home. She wanted so badly to slip into a big t-shirt and a pair of baggy sweat pants. Nothing sounded more relaxing than eating a pint of ice cream and watching a late night movie. She stared at her phone a few times, but decided to leave it face down on the kitchen counter as she walked into the small living room of her apartment.

The apartment she stayed in was an apartment that the WWE provided, and quite honestly, it was such a beautiful one. It had the perfect view of Orlando, Florida and it was a few minutes away from the WWE's Performance Center. It was close enough, she was able to run there from time to time if she were feeling up to it. Jada shared the apartment with the beautiful Eva Marie, who was barely home to begin with because she stayed at her fiancé's place most of the time. This weekend, Jada got the apartment to herself, and although she hated feeling alone, she enjoyed being alone.

So many thoughts ran through her head, sometimes it became unbearable when people were around. She felt like she had to put a smile on in front of everybody just to distract herself. It was nice to just sit down and organize her thoughts. And they weren't necessarily bad thoughts, to be honest. The young woman just had so many things going on, it was hard to keep track. Her thoughts ranked from being extraordinarily happy, and overjoyed with her job, to her family, to the stress of remaining relevant, and then back to feeling blessed, and then back to her job. It was nice to sit and just think about everything thoroughly.

She had finally become relaxed and settled her thoughts as she became indulged into the crime show that was playing on her television set. It wasn't until a commercial for the upcoming RAW flashed on her screen and reminded her that she only had a few weeks until TLC, and even less time until her meeting with the creative team. She jolted off her couch and dashed to her phone.

Jada had to get her little experiment done. It was now or never. She was going to play the perfect Jezebel. She watched enough movies to know how a bad girl was supposed to act, she just needed to apply it to the real world. If she was going to break Zack Ryder's heart on international television, she had to make sure she had experience on breaking someone's heart. Like the girls said, it's easy to read a script off a piece of paper- making it believable was going to be the hard part. Jada was determined to make this guy fall in love with her and even more determined to break his heart once he fell. She scrolled through her contacts for a few seconds before finding the number she needed.

Hey, Jon. What're you doing? She texted.

Just got back to the apartment. What's up? He replied shortly after.

You busy?

Not in the slightest bit. If you're not busy either, you could always swing by…

Right now?

Lol I don't see why not.

Jon raised his brow as he stared at the phone in his hand. She was quick to send him a text message. A lot quicker than he thought she would. In fact, he thought it would be a lot harder to get her attention. He thought he would have to go through obstacles to get her. It was kind of strange, especially since they've never really spoke to each other, or had any sort of relationship before. Maybe his charm was a lot better than he thought.

He silently prayed to whoever or whatever was listening, hoping that she would be different from all the other girls he met. He hoped she wouldn't think he was really crazy. Of course, he had his moments, but he wasn't Dean Ambrose or Jon Moxley. Dean was just a character he played, and so was Jon. He admitted that his character rubbed off on him in real life, but he was still Jonathan Good deep down. Maybe he played Dean and Mox so good people started believing that that's who he really was. Maybe he was starting to think the same. But in his head, he knew he had to keep the personalities separate. Especially if he wanted to start something serious with this girl. Or any girl, for that matter.

It was just strange how quick she was to contact him. She didn't peg him to be that type. But he mentally shrugged, and accepted it. He had one of the better looking divas on the roster coming to his apartment. Why wouldn't he accept it? And even if she isn't going to be the girl to make him settle down, it still would be an achievement to get her in his bed. If Joe and Colby were right, no other man on the roster could place a claim on that.

Jon knew he had to put that state of mind away. He couldn't continue to look at women like pieces of meat. Joe and Colby had been right all along. But it was hard not to look at a beautiful woman and not want to bring her back to his apartment. It was one of the activities he enjoyed while on the road, and the women he met were all so beautiful. But he had to throw those thoughts away and truly start getting to know women past their looks. Especially if didn't want to end up alone.

It seemed like everyone on the roster was either getting engaged or getting married or having kids and it bothered Jon seeing how happy everyone was. He wanted to feel happiness like that. He saw Joe and Colby and saw how they were in relationships for so many years and they were probably the happiest guys he knew. He wanted that more than anything. He was finally living his dreams in the WWE. There was just one last thing he wanted. And that was somebody that made him happy.

Of course Joe and Colby made him happy. They were his best friends. They were his brothers. But nothing could compare to an actual romantic love, and that's all he craved for. He found himself silently praying again to whoever was out there, hoping that he would find the girl to settle down with.

He was brought out of his thoughts when a knocking interrupted the silence in his apartment. To make the place a little bit livelier, he turned on the radio at a low volume as a soft rock played through the speakers. He fluffed up a few pillows on the couch before walking to open the door.

The second he opened it, a beautiful diva appeared on the other side. It was late at night, but her perfect makeup still glittered in the dim light and her hair was still done to perfection, but her curvaceous body was covered in a pair of sweat pants, a 'Property of WWE' t-shirt, and a black hoodie. He couldn't wait to see what was under those clothes- but he stopped himself and let her in.

"Couldn't stand being alone?" He chuckled as he closed the door behind him.

"Nope. The opposite, actually. I didn't want to feel like you were the one that was alone, so I thought I would grace you with my presence." She smiled as he gestured her towards the kitchen.

"Funny, Wesley. I like being alone, thank you very much."

"I could always go back to my apartment." She teased.

He smiled, "You didn't let me finish. I was going to tell you that I like being alone, but I enjoy being in your presence a lot better."

"That definitely sounds a lot better, in my opinion."

He scratched the back of his head. He couldn't believe he was actually feeling nervous… It was a weird feeling. Something he didn't feel too often. "Sorry, I don't really have food here. I have beer?"

"Momma told me to never turn down free beer."

"Don't know if that's the best advice," he laughed, "But I can definitely agree with that."

"She wasn't always the best advice giver, but shit. I like to think I've come out quite nicely."

"So, why don't you talk to your parents anymore?"

"Kind of a long story. I hate dwelling on the past. Why don't we appreciate the moment we're in now?" She asked taking a sip from her beer as she walked closer to the man in front of her.

Jada wasn't 100% sure she knew what she was doing. When it came to seduction and male manipulation, she wasn't the best person for the job. She was scared she came off as awkward, or doing a little too much. She watched a lot of movies, and tried to apply everything she's seen. But by the look on his face, she thought she was doing pretty well.

Jon wasn't 100% sure he knew what she was doing. He wasn't expecting her to come on so strong. This was probably the first time the two ever spent alone time together. She wasn't even drunk yet and she was already throwing herself at him. And as much as he wanted to take up on her offer, he was looking for love not lust.

Jon wrapped his arm around her waist and grabbed the beer out of her hand and placed it on the table. "I am appreciating this moment. I'm here in Florida with a gorgeous girl. I don't wanna be any place else. I'd like to savor this."

She was slightly taken aback. She knew she wasn't completely awkward. But with all the things she's heard about Jon backstage, she thought he would be willing and ready to take her on.

Jon was right.

They really didn't know each other all too well.

And maybe those stories about him were all fake.