Status: On possible hiatus due to no readers.

My Apocalypse

Take Off

I thew my luggage under my bunk on the tour bus. I was going on tour with my older brother, Craig's band, Escape The Fate. This is the first time that Craig let me do something like this. Our parents had passed when I was little, Craig was old enough and had a job so he took responsibility for me after mom and dad were gone. Everyday since our parents passing I had been bullied. Kids just being kids, I suppose. The occasional "ha ha your parents are dead" or "you're ugly". Even though at the time I didn't see it as harmful, it did a great deal to my mental health after enduring years of it.

"Ready to have some fun?" Max, Escape The Fate's bassist, asked. I've known the band since Craig came into it about a year ago. But in the little year the band became our family. Something we weren't really used to.

"Ready as I'll ever be," I chuckled nervously.

"It's not that bad you know," He said. "Sure it sucks being stuck in a moving trailer with 3 stinky dudes, but I guess you get used to it."

"I think being stuck on a bus with four older guys is bad... but now they're stinky guys? Gross." I laughed, poking Max in the side. He flinched and laughed like a ticklish school girl.

"Oh it's not that bad," Monte, the guitar player, said as he threw his luggage on his bunk. "Trust me, you'll have a lot of fun, Ash."

"You know the fact that everyone keeps saying 'not that bad' is making me think it's going to be pretty bad."

"Suck it up, buttercup," Craig said, ruffling my hair.

"Craig! Don't mess up my hair," I whined racing to the small bathroom to fix it in the mirror.

"Your sister is a spazz, dude." Max laughed.

"Shut up, Maxwell Scott." I grinned evilly.

"Enough with the flirting, please," Craig groaned and covered his ears.

I blushed madly, stepping out of the bathroom. "We're not flirting."

"Good," Craig said taking a sip of his coffee. "Max is too old for you anyway."

Max glared at him. "I'm not old,"

"Craig, Max is 24, I'm 18, it's not that bad."

Craig nearly choked on his coffee. "What?!"

"I--I'm joking," Craig looked relieved. "Max is too..." I was searching for the right word to describe Max.

"Old?" Craig guessed. Max and I glared at him. He just shrugged, "Just saying..."

I rolled my eyes, "I forgot something outside, I'll be right back."

"Don't go to far, Ashley, we're leaving in twenty."

"Okay!" I scrambled out the door and ran away from the tour bus.

Luckily, we were parked with other tour buses protected by security and chain link fences to keep out crazy fans. I weaved through all the buses.

My phone in my pocket went off, it was a text from my friend Brooke asking how it was so far. I started to reply, but not paying attention I bumped into something tall and hard. I fell backwards onto my butt.

"Agh, Jesus," A man groaned.

I jumped up and saw a tall, dark haired man, littered in tattoos. He must have been a band member. He had fallen onto his butt as well.

"Oh shit! I'm so sorry, I wasn't paying attention," I apologized, helping him back onto his feet.

"Eh, no blood no fowl," The man said. He looked directly into my eyes and I froze.

"I--I'm Ashley," I blurted.

"I'm Ronnie. Ronnie Radke," he chuckled. "So are you with a band or just a crazy fan? I've been doing this a while and I've never seen you before."

"I'm with my brother and his band," I laughed.

"Oh? What band?"

"Escape the Fate," I smiled. "You know them?"

Ronnie looked heartbroken and hurt; as if I had just slapped him across the face for no reason. "Y--Yeah, I've heard of them."

I looked down, scared I had done or said something wrong, "I'm sorry, about bumping into you,"

"Don't worry about it," Ronnie demeanor went back to normal, "But uh... do you mind if I get your number? I might need to call you to get your insurance info." He winked and passed me a pen.

I blushed like crazy. "Sure," I wrote my cell phone number down on his hand.

"I'll text you," Ronnie smiled. "Nice meeting you, Ashley."

He disappeared into the cluster of buses as I was left to stumble back to my bus in a love-struck awe.

***

The next morning I awoke to my phone vibrating. It was a text from Ronnie. I replied to him quickly, asking where he was. He replied back saying he was on his way to California with his band for their first show. I smiled and crawled out of my bunk.

Grabbing some clothes out of my suitcase I made my way to the buses bathroom to change. After I changed I went into the small lounge type room at the front of the bus. I sat down next to Max, he smiled and curled his arm around my shoulders.

This wasn't weird for Max and I. We always flirted with each other. He was like my unofficial boyfriend, except we never kissed (on the lips) or held hands. We cuddled, hugged, Max even kissed me on the cheek once. We've always done it. Ever since I was 16.

"How did you sleep?" Max asked.

I sighed, "I slept okay. Those bunks are kind of uncomfortable. Plus Rob wouldn't stop snoring."

"I do not snore!" Robert, the drummer, scowled.

I looked over at Max, smiling. He pulled me tighter to his chest, I rested my head on his chest. "You're so comfy, Max." I mumbled.

"If you want to, you can use me as a pillow tonight."

"Um how about no," Craig walked in.

Perfect. Cuddle-blocked by my brother.

"Why not, Craig? We're not going to do anything," I stuck my tongue out childishly.

"Yet," Craig glared.

I sat up, sitting about an inch away from Max. He looked sad, but understood why I got up. Craig was always protective. I didn't understand it when I was younger, but after he told me about mom and dad I understood. I don't know where I would be if I didn't have Craig. He gave up his childhood to take care of a bratty sister like me. I was beyond blessed.

"Hey Craig?" I asked.

"Yeah, Ash?"

"Where is our first stop?"

Craig pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket, "Um," he pondered. "I think California."

"Really?" I almost screamed. Ronnie is going to love this!, I thought. Everyone looked at me like I had just bitten the head off of a bat. "I--I mean... yay! California!"

"Why so excited for California?"

"I met this guy, he's in a band too, his first stop is California as well." I smiled.

Craig froze. "What's his name?"

"Ronnie. Why?" I was confused.

"Ronnie what?"

"Craig why does it matter?"

"Ronnie what, Ashley?" Craig yelled.

I flinched at Craig's voice. He had never raised his voice at me. Never.

"Radke," I mumbled.

"Listen to me Ashley," Craig knelt down beside me, lowering his voice. Max backed away, letting Craig have his seat. "I never want you to see or speak to or of him again, do you understand?"

"W--Why? Craig I don't---"

"Listen!" Craig raised his voice again. "Do you understand?"

I thought for a minute, not wanting to make him mad, "I'm sorry, I understand,"

"Good," Craig pecked my forehead as he stood up.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm re-writing my old story. I used to be on Mibba when I was like 13, lol. But, some problems with my health and problems at home led me to quit, I just never really had the inspiration to get back into writing until now. I'm still trying to regain some of my writing styles that have kinda blanked, so I update slowly. It does take me a while to get the creative juices flowing, and if you're willing to deal with that, thank you. But, I refuse to waste my time writing something no one will read so it's very important to me if you comment on this, that way I know people will actually read it. It would mean the world to me. ♥ Thank you.