Status: On possible hiatus due to no readers.

My Apocalypse

***

"Take me to Denny's." I nudged Max on the leg with my foot. We were both sitting on the couch, I was sitting sideways with my legs draped over Max's lap. Max had his nose stuck in his phone, tweeting Craig. I nudged him again when he didn't reply. "Preggers wants Denny's."

Max laughed, rolling his eyes. He locked his phone and slid it in his pocket. "I swear to god you and Craig are telepathic." I looked at him curiously. "He was just bitching about how he wanted to go to Denny's."

"Good maybe he'll take me," I laughed.

Max moved my legs off his lap, getting up. He reached out for my hand, hoisting me off the couch. "I'll take you,"

We got in the car and drove two blocks to the nearest Denny's. We were seated by a waiter and given menus. I didn't even need to look at mine, I knew exactly what I was getting. Max took longer, but we finally ordered.

I decided on a Lumberjack Slam and Max got a ham and cheese omelet.

"Lumberjack Slam?" Max raised his eyebrows. "Do I not feed you?"

"Hey, I'm eating for two now."

Max nodded, "How far a long are you now?"

"Tomorrow marks seven weeks."

"Do you want a boy or girl?"

"I think every pregnant woman wants a little girl they can spoil and dress up, and every guy wants a little boy they can teach to play baseball and go hunting with. But, honestly, I just want a healthy baby."

Max just chuckled, shaking his head. "That's such a mom answer,"

"Okay," I rolled my eyes. "A boy; a healthy boy."

***

I was so tired. Everything made me tired. Eating made me tired, breathing made me tired, sleeping made me tired. But today was my first baby appointment and I couldn't miss that. I was too early to find out the gender, or hear the heartbeat, but I have to have tests and an ultrasound done anyways.

Max and I were currently waiting for my OB/GYN to come into the examination room. Since Ronnie was being an asshole I dragged Max with me. He didn't seem to mind though. He just sat in the chair next to the weird table I was sitting on with his phone texting Craig.

Craig was a nervous wreck, even more than me. I've never seen an OB/GYN before, and to have a complete stranger mess around with my pregnant tummy and genitals was something I did not plan on. But if it means finding out if my baby is okay, it's totally worth it.

The doctor came in, and introduced herself as Doctor Smith. She explained the process of all the tests and did an ultrasound. The baby was perfectly healthy, everything was developing properly.

"You're further along than they predicted," the doctor pressed her lips together. "It's a common mistake, they were only off by a week. You're eight weeks and two days."

Max perked up in his seat, looking at the screen. "That's the baby?" He pointed at the tadpole looking figure.

Doctor Smith nodded, "Yep. It's roughly about the size of a raspberry."

"So why am I showing?"

"That’s because your uterus is usually the size of a fist, but it has grown to the size of an orange. There's also bloating, kind of like if you were on your period. It's not actually the baby."

"When will I start actually having a baby bump?"

"Well, where you're naturally underweight, I'm guessing at sixteen weeks. Which is when your next visit will be. We'll be able to hear the heartbeat and determine the gender then."

The doctor printed off some ultrasound pictures, she made an appointment on my sixteen week mark and sent us on our way. Max drove us home to find Craig waiting for us outside with Monte. Max laughed as he parked his car.

"Well?" He met us at the car, leaning in the window. I passed him the ultrasound pictures out the car window as I unbuckled. He examined the pictures smiling like an idiot. I got out of the car and he hugged me. "My niece is a tadpole."

"Why does everyone keep saying Peanut is a girl?" I threw my hands up in frustration. "We won't find out until I'm sixteen weeks."

"I think it's a boy," Monte spoke up.

"I think I'm gonna kick you both right in the nuts." I laughed, unlocking the door with the key Max had given me. What I saw waiting for us was not at all good. Ronnie had somehow let himself in; he stood there in the doorway.

"How was the appointment?" Ronnie asked, dryly. You could hear the hate in his words.

"Fine," I showed him one picture of the ultrasound. "How did you get in here?"

Ronnie just shook his head, "Why didn't you take me?"

I scoffed, "Are you serious? We broke up, Ronald."

He slammed his fist onto the end table where we kept our keys, causing it to shake. I jumped at the sound of the impact, covering my stomach to protect it from anything if it broke. "Don't fucking call me that," he spat. He got in my face, looking me dead in the eyes.

Max finally stepped in, pushing him away from me, "Calm down dude,"

"What? So you're with Max now? I should have fucking figured."

"I'm sorry, since when is my love life any of your business?"

"Since you're pregnant with my baby!"

"It might not be yours!"

I tried to stop, but I couldn't hold it in. I covered my mouth. Max had a horrified look on his face, as well as Craig. I shook, waiting for Ronnie's response. I don't think I've ever been so scared in my life.

"What?" Ronnie ran his fingers through his hair. "I-I––you're such a whore." He pushed past Craig, slamming the door behind him.

"I'll be right back." Craig muttered as he went after Ronnie. Great. Maybe he'll end up in the hospital because of me too. I frowned, mentally kicking myself.

"Fuck!" I knocked the end table over, breaking the glass bowl we kept our keys in. Max wrapped his arms around me, pulling me into a hug. I didn't cry. I was more mad than anything. There's still a possibility Peanut is his. Instead of talking it out with me he just calls me a whore when I may be carrying his baby?

I really pray that this baby is Max's. I'll be damned if I'm going to bring Ronnie's child into this world. The independent woman in me says that I can handle this without Ronnie if it is his, but the stupid woman inside of me says he must have some excuse for being a dick.

Maybe he's just stressed out? This is kind of a huge thing; especially if you're not expecting it. Is he drinking again? Doing drugs? Did he get in a fight with his dad?

I guess the only person that knows is Ronnie.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ronnie knows! OH SHIT. I tried to make it long... didn't really work out.
Just a reminder: Ronnie isn't really like that (I hope); I very highly doubt he would call Willow's mom a whore. You'll find out why he's being such a dick later.