Status: On possible hiatus due to no readers.

My Apocalypse

Karma

A couple days later we finally made it to California. Craig was acting normal; as if nothing had ever happened. He was always protective, but not that protective. How did he even know Ronnie? It was so confusing to me. One minute my brother is normal and then the next he's screaming in people's faces.

Ronnie and I still continued to text. We had gotten really close in the past couple days. It's amazing how much we have in common, really. We like all the same music, movies, books. It's like I found a male version of me.

Craig was out with Rob getting groceries for the bus. We were parked outside the store. Max, Monte and I decided to stay on the bus. I decided that now was the best time to get answers because I know Craig wouldn't tell me anything.

I sat down next to Max, he naturally curled his arm around me smiling. I smiled back at him. "Hey Max?"

"Yeah?"

I hesitated for a moment, but built up the courage. "How does Craig know Ronnie?"

Max paused. He uncurled his arm from around me and sat up straight. "Ash, you know Craig will kill me."

"But why?" I pushed. "Please, Max, I won't tell Craig. I swear."

Max sighed. "Fine..." He wrapped me back in his arms. "Craig hasn't always been the lead singer, you know that. Ronnie and I grew up together, went to school together and started Escape the Fate together. Ronnie was the lead singer. We later found Monte and Rob on MySpace."

"Okay... so where does Craig come into the picture?"

"I was getting to that part," Max looked out the window for Craig. When he was sure he wasn't coming he continued. "Once we started getting famous Ronnie and I kind of got out of control. We started using drugs together. Ronnie got caught once, and he couldn't leave Nevada so we couldn't go on tour. Then he got caught again. He was sent to jail that time. So we found a new singer, Craig."

"So how does Craig know Ronnie?" I asked.

"Well, Craig was in Bless The Fall before he got with us. Craig and Ronnie didn't really get along to well then either. I honestly don't know how they met. But when they were close to each other it was like fighting fire with fire; just made a huge fucking flame. So, when Ronnie went to jail he got sober, I got sober, we moved on. Ronnie never really let go of the bad blood, and I don't think Craig has either."

"So basically Craig stole Escape the Fate from Ronnie?"

"In a sense I guess. I wouldn't really word it like that."

"Is he dangerous?" I nuzzled closer to Max. He gave me a faint smile.

"Ronnie? No. I mean unless you piss him off, then you better watch the fuck out."

The bus door flew open, grocery bags soon followed being chucked into the bus. Max and I distanced ourselves, not wanting to feel the wrath of Craig. I got up to help bring stuff in. I put away the groceries in their correct spots while Craig and Rob made themselves comfortable getting ready for a game of Halo with Monte.

"What do you guys want to eat tonight?" I asked.

That got all of their attention.

"I want pasta," Max said.

"Pasta? Ew no. I want pizza!" Monte added.

"We didn't get shit to make pizza," Rob said.

"It's called delivery."

"Okay, let me rephrase it," I sighed. "What do you want me to cook for dinner tonight?"

"We have stuff to make stir fry." Craig suggested.

"Not in the mood for that," Rob said.

Why is cooking for men so fucking hard?, I thought.

"Okay you know what? Fuck it. It's a surprise. If you don't like it, tough shit." I said as I gathered ingredients to make spaghetti.

"Me-ow, Ashley." Craig laughed.

I whipped around and pointed at Max with a wooden spoon. "Fuck off," All the guys totally forgot about Halo to stare at me like I had just said the best insult in the world. "Want a camera?" I laughed.

They all averted their attention back to their video game so I could cook dinner in peace.

***

Later that night when everyone was asleep I decided to meet up with Ronnie. We had been texting all night, I had told him I would see him when I had peace. I quietly slipped out of my bunk, putting my slippers on and grabbing Max's cigarettes. My phone vibrated in my hand.

Meet you outside ETF's bus. Ronnie texted.

I quickly replied, Everyone is sleeping. We have to be quiet. I'm waiting outside.

I lit a cigarette while waiting for Ronnie. He must have been parked close by because it didn't even take him two minutes to get here. I walked up to meet him halfway. Ronnie had the biggest smile on his face.

"You smoke?" He asked.

"Not all the time," I smiled weakly. "Only when I'm stressed."

"What's got you stressed out?"

"Honestly," I sighed, taking a drag. "Craig. Your name got brought up and he flipped out. I've never seen him like that. It just pisses me off that he treats me like a child. I'm 18, not 8."

"Did he tell you why?" Ronnie hugged me.

"No... but Max did. He told me that you and Craig never got along, especially after he took the spot as lead singer."

Ronnie tensed. I hugged him tighter. "I understand if it's too much to talk about." I said.

"Thank you. I promise, once I'm ready, I'll tell you everything." He smiled.

"Thank you Ronnie."

"Nice PJ's by the way," Ronnie laughed.

I looked down, forgetting what I had on. I hadn't even thought to change. I was wearing a tank top and my black Mickey Mouse PJ shorts (that were a little short in my opinion but super comfy!). "Oh," I breathed. "Thanks."

"Don't worry, you look fine. Especially for 4 in the morning."

"I didn't keep you up did I?" Poor guy. He probably had a show tomorrow and I was too selfish to let him sleep.

"No, I've been up. The rest of the crew didn't go to bed until around 3:30."

"Let me guess," I grinned. "Video games?"

"How did you know?" Ronnie tried to sound shocked.

"Well, my guys were too busy playing Halo to decide what to have for dinner. Then they were too busy to eat. Next thing it was 3 in the morning and they all have a show tomorrow."

"Sounds like my boys,"

Ronnie and I were laughing, joking, and flirting for what seemed like just a few minutes, but we noticed the sun starting to come up, which meant it had to have been for at least an hour.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked.

"Anything in the universe." Ronnie replied, smiling.

"Is it just me or does it feel like we've known each other for years?"

"Definitely not just you, I was actually just thinking that," I couldn't help but to smile. I hugged Ronnie tightly, not letting go. "You should get back inside before Craig tears me a new one."

I groaned, not wanting to leave. "Yeah, you should probably get back too before someone calls the FBI."

"Want to meet up again tomorrow night?" Ronnie asked.

I nodded, squeezing Ronnie one final time before letting go. Ronnie smiled before hugging me once more and leaving.

I yawned, making my way back to my bunk. I thew Max's cigarette's onto my bunk before crawling in Max's bunk with him. If there's one thing that would piss off Craig, minus the fact that I totally ignored his warning about Ronnie, it would be him seeing Max and I so close.

Max woke up a little, moving over so I had a bit more room. He slung his arm over me, pulling me tightly to his chest and kissing the top of my head. I nuzzled even closer to him under the blankets. I closed my eyes smiling and thinking, pay back is a bitch.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to my only commenter (so far) Pichu_dark ♥ this chapter is for you!

I also tried to make this a bit longer, but I've never been good at long chapters... so, my apologies.

What are you thinking so far?

Let me know in the comments! <3