Status: On possible hiatus due to no readers.

My Apocalypse

Busted

The plan to piss of Craig was working. I slept in Max's bunk with him almost every night. Craig would wake up in the mornings mumbling obscenities under his breath, storming into the bathroom and outside for smoke breaks. Max was the only one who knew I was still talking to Ronnie, he was the only one I could trust not to blab to Craig. If Craig found out, he would flip shit again.

Ronnie had been texting me all day, we made plans to meet up later tonight during Escape the Fate's show. We would be totally alone on the bus. I already came up with a plan: complain about being not feeling well much before the show so it wouldn't seem suspicious to Craig that I had gotten sick so suddenly. I hate sneaking around behind Craig's back. He doesn't deserve it, but I don't deserve to be treated like a child either.

Ronnie and I have been growing closer and closer. I feel as if I had known him for years, like I could tell him anything in the world; spill my most deepest darkest secrets. Every time I get a text from him my heart races, and I end up smiling like a complete idiot. He just melts my heart.

I snapped out of my thoughts, plopping onto the couch next to Monte––who was too busy playing video games with Rob to notice––with my phone, checking for any messages from Ronnie. There were no new messages. He most likely wasn't awake yet. We had texted all day yesterday before his show, then after his show we stayed up all night texting.

"Is that thing glued to your hand?" Craig asked, obviously annoyed.

"What? I'm not allowed to have a social life?" I snapped back.

"Ashley Rose Mabbitt, don't you use that fucking tone with me,"

"You're not my––" I stopped myself from saying it, knowing I would regret it immensely. Even though I didn't say it, I still regret starting the sentence.

Everyone went silent. The video game paused, everyone froze. You could cut the tension in the room with a knife.

"Scram," Craig was seething. Everyone but me left the bus without saying a word. Max walked past me, giving me an apologetic smile. I flinched as Rob slammed the door. "I know I'm not Dad or Mom. I never will be and I'm not trying to be, Ashley. I gave you everything you needed or wanted in life and never asked for anything back; and now you're gonna get cocky with me and disrespect me. That's not acceptable." He was obviously hurt. It was like I had slapped him in the face and stomped on his heart.

"Craig, I'm sorry, I didn't mean it... it just––it slipped," I looked down at the floor, not wanting to see his face.

"Look at me," Craig said softly. I looked up, Craig looked much calmer; less hurt. "What's going on with you lately? You're not yourself."

"I just... don't feel like myself." I mumbled.

Craig sat down next to me, hugging me. "Are the panic attacks coming back?"

"No,"

"So why are you sleeping in Max's bunk? Are you guys together?"

"Craig," I sighed. "You know Max and I are just good friends. He helps me sleep."

"Okay... but if you were seeing someone you'd tell me right?"

"Yes," I lied. I wasn't officially seeing Ronnie in a dating sense. But I was seeing him; talking to him.

"I'm sorry I get mad so easily. I know I'm not the best brother, but I'm trying."

Ow, that one punched me right in the heart. Here I was sneaking around behind his back, pissing him off and he thinks he's the bad sibling?

"Craig, you're not a bad brother. You're the best brother a girl could ask for. Do you know how many people would have just thrown me away and given me to the state? You didn't do that. You gave up everything just to take care of me." I hugged Craig tightly.

"Thanks Ash. I love you." Craig squeezed me back.

"I love you too."

We hugged for a bit longer in silence until Craig ruined the cute brother-sister moment, "You smell like a dude." Craig laughed.

"Jeez, thanks for ruining the mood," I laughed back.

There was a knock at the door, "Is everyone still alive in there?" A concerned Monte yelled.

"Yeah we're all good, come on in!" Craig yelled back.

Everyone came rushing back onto the bus, checking to make sure we really were still breathing.

"Oh shit!" Max said, looking at his phone. "The show starts in an hour!"

"Fuck!" Everyone exclaimed, they all jumped up and started rushing around the bus to get ready for the show.

***

I was all ready for Ronnie to come over, I even got all dressed up. The boys were at their show, so that would give us at least 3 hours to hang out. I was checking my makeup when there was a knock at the door.

I rushed over to open the door. I was met by a very happy looking Ronnie. He raced up the bus stairs and hugged me tightly, scooping me up and carrying me into the lounge area, closing the door behind him. I laughed as he sat me down on the couch.

"You didn't have to dress up for me," Ronnie smiled, sitting next to me. "Pajamas would have been fine."

"Oh ha-ha," I faked laughing. Ronnie just looked at me, grinning like a mad man. "What?" I asked.

"Just admiring how fucking cute you are."

"You're not too bad looking yourself." I smiled.

He hugged me close to him tightly, nearly suffocating me, but I didn't mind. I absolutely loved his hugs. He gave the best hugs in the world.

"So, I wanted to talk to you about something tonight."

"What's up?"

Ronnie sighed, "What did Max tell you about me leaving the band?"

"That you both got into drugs pretty heavily,"

"That's all true. But, I just want you to know I'm clean now. I don't even drink."

"Ronnie you don't have to explain yourself. What's in the past is in the past." I hugged him.

He sighed in relief, squeezing me. "Thank you Ashley."

"Don't mention it," I smiled.

Ronnie just looked at me, he was staring right into my eyes. I stared back as I felt his face get closer to mine. Everything else in the world just paused. It felt like we were the only two left on Earth. He softly pressed his lips against mine. He paused, waiting for a reaction. I pressed my lips against his, resting my hands on his shoulders. He smiled into the kiss, pushing against me, knocking me on my back. He followed, keeping our lips together as he rested himself on top of me.

Suddenly the front door swung open. Ronnie and I both jumped up off the couch, but it was too late. It was Craig, and he had seen it all.

"What the fuck are you doing here kissing my fucking sister?" Craig was beyond pissed. I was half expecting for steam to come rolling out of his ears.

"Craig, calm down," I said softly.

"Calm down? Ashley, I told you to stay away from him!"

"Craig, she's not six. She can do whatever she wants."

"You stay out of it you piece of shit." Craig seethed, pushing Ronnie.

"Craig stop!" I yelled.

"Get out," Craig said. "Both of you."

I paused. "What?"

Craig opened the front door, throwing our shoes outside. "Get the fuck out!"

Ronnie grabbed my hand, leading me out the door with him. After we were outside Craig threw one of my luggage bags out the door and slammed the door shut. "I'm so sorry, Ash. This is all my fault." Ronnie hugged me tightly.

"It's not your fault... it's mine,"

Ronnie picked up my bag, "Come on, sweetheart,"

"Where are we going?"

"You're gonna come stay with me."
♠ ♠ ♠
*Fluffy Space Princess voice* Drama bombbbbbb! x3
Pop quiz! Why did I pick Ashley for her first name?
Hint: "You're the strength I need to fight, you're the reason I still try"
If you get it right you get 1,000 brownie points! xD

♥♥♥ Thanks again to my only commenter, Pichu_Dark ♥♥♥