Sequel: Radiate
Status: Finished // Currently edditing/correcting the mistakes.

As I Follow This Little Lies

When everything was going down...

Every other day was the same since he left. She was sleeping, cleaning the house, eating, watching TV, sleeping, there was a band practice from time to time, etc. Her usual boring life. She gave up everything for him. Even family that tried to do everything to stop her from marrying him. Their friends didn't like the idea of this marriage too. But does anyone care what other people say when you're in love?

Sydney always wondered what was so special about her that Billie noticed her. He could have every girl, but he chose her. She was a normal girl. She wasn't tall; she was thin and had black wavy hair that never stayed the way she wanted. Her eyes were hazel. She could be really annoying at times, she didn't have that much friends, she was a quiet and a shy person and she never liked to confess her feelings to anyone. She didn't like to talk about things like that. She felt uncomfortable around some people. She sometimes felt like all those blonds talked about her when she was passing by. She hated that feeling.

She was already 10 months with Billie as his wife. They knew each other for a year. Not much. Sydney was playing in a band with her 3 other friends. Allison was a good looking blond that played guitar and was a back vocalist. Brittany had short brown hair. She was playing drums. She was Mike's cousin. Jamie had curly black hair and was the tallest girl in the band. She played guitar too. Sydney played bass and was a lead singer. They played at Gilman’s only twice. Sydney wrote most of the songs for a band, but Brittany always complained that she didn't like them, that they were not punk rock song type.

Billie was on a tour with their second album. He was away already for 6 months and Sydney couldn't wait till he finally came back home. What was weird, he hasn’t called her for a week. He called everyday and they could talk for hours. For some reason Brittany always complained about it and got angry every time she saw they were talking.

It was one of those long, boring days, when Sydney didn't know what to do with herself. All her friends had something to do and had no time for her... Family? Forget about it. They didn't want to know her. Her brother? He was in New York. She sat on the stairs with her Siberian cat (Freaky) and a cup of coffee standing next to her on the steps. It was late afternoon and there was nothing to do. She closed her eyes hugging Freaky. She was drifting off to sleep when the doors opened, slamming on the wall. Freaky jumped out from her arms and run away somewhere, while inside walked Brittany, Allison and Jamie.
Sydney looked at them, noticing something was wrong.

"Syd. We need to talk… " Brittany said rolling her eyes.

"Something’s wrong?"

"How to say it… " Brittany smirked. "Yea. But it's rather all about you."

"What do you mean?" Sydney exclaimed surprised.

"We don't need you anymore in our band and as a friend. You was a despairing one." she said in a voice full of fake sadness.

"What the hell?"

"You heard me. Get a life and better never again show your horrible lyrics to anyone." She looked at Allison and Jamie who nodded in agreement. "Bye." she said sweetly walking out the door. Sydney stared in shock at the door. Her friends had never act like this... They never said anything like that. What happened that they suddenly came up with this?

Sydney was sleeping on a couch, when the doorbell rang. She opened her eyes and looked around confused. Then she heard the doorbell again. She grinned and ran to the door.

"Billie?!" she exclaimed opening the door, but she saw someone else. Her grin faded into confused expression painted all over her face.

"Not so happy to see me?" A tall, brown haired guy asked with a pout.

"Matt? What are you doing in here?" she opened the door more to let him in.

"Checking on my dear sister." he said as he walked in. He looked around and then at Sydney, who was biting her lip.

"Hm…Billie? You meant that guy, who I told to stay away from you?" she slowly nodded her head.

"We're...married." she replied smiling weakly. Matt looked at her in disbelief.

"You're fucking kidding me!" she shook her head. He clenched his fist.
"You're too young to get married! And that bastard?! Remember what I told you?!"

"Shut the hell up okay?!" she yelled causing him to shut up immediately.

"Something’s wrong?" Sydney felt tears welling up in her eyes and she hugged her brother, putting her head on his shoulder. "Don't tell me he did something. If he did-"

"I-it's n-ot a-about h-him." she stammered.

"Then what happened?" he said calmly.

"I d-don't kn-know what's wrong." he wrapped his hands around her as she started crying. He led her to the living room and they sat on a couch. When after a couple of minutes later Sydney calmed down, she spoke again.

"I was kicked out from my own band. My friends said they don't want to know me."

"So they're not your friends." he shrugged. "Forget about them. You’ve got me!" he pointed at himself.

"But you live in New York?" he rolled his eyes.

"Not anymore! I'm here to save my sister!" he winked.

"Oh…I guess I will disappoint you here...”

"As you wish. But anyway…I'm starting a band with guys and it was a good idea to come here!" he grinned

"So I'll be your first fan, huh?"

"Um, well. That's it. I need some of your help. I'm not good at writing songs, so…"

"No way."

"But-"

"No."

"Why?"

"They suck."

"No."

"Yes."

"No... If that was true I wouldn't ask you to help me."

"But they said th-"

"Shut up?" she glared at him. "You let people tell you what is good and what is wrong. You seriously believed that so-called friends?" She nodded her head. "Forget about them. It's not like you need them that much. I'm here with you…and my friends wanted to meet you."

"Really?"

"Yea."
♠ ♠ ♠
The story is sort of...old.