Sequel: Radiate
Status: Finished // Currently edditing/correcting the mistakes.

As I Follow This Little Lies

As Long As I'm Alive

It was already the day, when Sydney and the guys were moving out. Billie avoided the topic of a new home, questions soon stopped; it was obvious Billie wouldn't find some devastated place that everyone would complain about.
It was late morning. Billie already was up, unlike Sydney.
She was sleeping peacefully, with comforter wrapped tightly around her.

Billie quietly walked into the bedroom and tip toed to the bed and sat down, watching her with a smile. She stirred in her sleep and rolled onto the side of bed where Billie was supposed to be. She cracked her eye open and groaned.
"That jerk is gone again..." she mumbled and wrapped the comforter even tighter around her and buried her head in his pillow. Billie chuckled silently.

"That jerk is just behind you, love." he leaned to her as she turned to him.

"Okay. Let me sleep now." she smiled and closed her eyes.

"Syd, I got to tell you something important, so you won't tell me th-"

"Go on...” she yawned and looked at him for a second.

"You see... I’ve found a place to stay."

"Congrats. Congrats. I know already." he bit his lip, looking at her. He smirked after a while.

Just what I need. he sighed happily Easier than I thought.. Already falling asleep…'

"My mom agreed for the four of us to stay at her house for a while." he rubbed the back of his head as Sydney opened her eyes and looked at him confused.

"Why would you ask your mother if you can move somewhere else?"

"Uh. Well, I guess you didn't understa-"

"Never mind." she grinned. Billie frowned and started at her confused. No complaining or anything like that?

"I'm going to take all our instruments and other stuff that I packed earlier, okay?"
"Sure." she shrugged and slowly got out from the bed as he left.

***
First what she did, was throwing all of her and Billie's clothes from the drawers on the bed. Then she took what she needed and went to the bathroom for a quick, hot shower. A couple of minutes later, she was already packing clothes to the suitcases.

Hour passed, and Billie was finally back. He ran up the stairs, whistling I Wanna Be Sedated by The Ramones. As he entered his room he tripped over something... It happened to be one of the suitcases that was already packed. Billie cursed under his breath and slowly got up.

"Oops." Sydney chuckled.

"You think that's funny?" Billie raised his eyebrows.
"Did I say something?"
"Do you really think that was funny?" he slowly made his way to her as she crossed her arms and shook her head.

Billie smiled slyly and lunged at her. They fell on a bed as he started tickling her and she couldn't stop laughing, tears started appearing in her eyes. Somehow she managed to get a hold of Billie's hands, but soon he was the one holding her wrists and she couldn't do anything.

"You know... we have to pack all this... stuff." she said staring into his eyes.

"Uh, right." Billie nodded his head. "That can wait." he started leaning in when suddenly the doors opened and Billie hastily, tried to sit up , ending on a floor with a loud thud, just as the person that walked in landed flat on the floor, tripping over the suitcase. Sydney looked wide eyed at Billie and then at lying Mike on the floor.
"Goddamn it! Mike!" Billie exclaimed getting up from the floor.
"What the hell? You wanted to kill me? If you wanted to be alone couldn't you just lock the door?!" Mike pointed to the suitcase.
"That's my fault." Sydney smiled shyly. "Sorry." Mike nodded his head not looking at her.

Somehow, he still didn't talk with her or even tried. He seemed always angry at her for no reason or maybe he just didn't like her. She felt uncomfortable around him. It was worse than sitting in one room with Brittany or working on a shift with Harry, who was staring at Sydney every now and then.

"I already packed my stuff and it's already in the car." Mike said looking at the messy room "Trè is almost ready..."

"Okay... I'll just help Sydney and then I'll take everything."

"You can go now. I'll deal with this." Sydney said picking up random notebooks and other things lying on the floor.

"No. I'll help you." Billie started taking his CD's from the shelf and throwing them into the bags. "Hey, Mike, wait in the living room for me or something."

"Okay." Mike replied and went out the doors.

When Billie left again, Sydney realized there was something she forgot about. Her cat. She started searching her bedroom and then others.
She couldn't find him, so she went downstairs. There in the living room was Brittany.
"Oh shit. You're still here..?" Brittany said bluntly as she spotted Syd going down the stairs. She took a sip from her beer and put it away, glaring at her ex-friend.
"You're not welcome here, you know."

"I'm not too happy to see you again too" Sydney rolled her eyes. "Billie will come here soon and I'm gone from this hell. Finally."
Brittany smirked and slowly made her way towards Syd.

"So.. You think you're so important to him?" she looked her up and down. "I'll tell you something." she put her hand on Sydney's shoulder.

"Stop this. It's making me sick." Sydney spat, shaking off Brittany's hand of her shoulder.

"He'll get bored soon. It's not love as you call it. He's not a guy who will stay with one girl forever and ever. Living happily ever together." she snickered.

"Aha. You mean he will dump me for you?"
"Oh, who knows." she smiled slyly.
"In your dreams." Sydney glared at her. "As long as I'm alive you won't lay a finger on him. Remember this!" Sydney hissed, pushing Brittany away from her.
"So sure about this, sweetheart?"

"What's so special about you that he would abandon me for you? He could make this mistake named Sydney, like you love to say, but I doubt he'll ever go out with you!" Sydney exclaimed, narrowing her eyes at furious Brittany. "Not in this life."
Brittany plunged at Syd, trying to strangle her. She started coughing as Brittany's laughed maniacally and started saying how life would be easier from now on.

Sydney kicked Brittany in the shin and panted heavily as other girl fell to the floor clutching her leg. After a while she was breathing normally, but fell to the floor when Brittany stroke a blow at her.
"See?" Brittany laughed. "You can't even defend yourself. You're pathetic."

"Fuck you." Sydney spat and got to her feet, suddenly hitting Brittany, aiming at her face, but she missed. Once again she was pushed on the wall and Brittany held her by the collar of her shirt.
"If it wasn't for you, I'd be his wife today!"
"Bullshit." Sydney hissed. Brittany hit her again and soon blood was tricking down her lip. Smirking, she let go of her.

"You was always weak." she said in a mocking voice.
"People change, you retard!" Sydney plunged at her and both of them started wrestling, punching each other and mainly trying to put one another in pain and worse condition than they already were...

"Hey! Stop it!" they heard Mike yell as he walked into the room. Billie dragged away Sydney as Mike got a hold of Brittany. Both girls were cursing and yelling at each other all the time, trying to get away from Billie and Mike.
Billie took Syd to the kitchen and Mike dragged his cousin upstairs.
"What was that about?" Billie asked quite angrily. Sydney reminded silent and avoided his gaze. She wiped the dripping blood from her lip. He put his hands on the side of her face and looked into her eyes.
"What was that about." he repeated slowly. She shrugged and looked away.
"Oh, Sydney." Billie sighed heavily.