Sequel: Radiate
Status: Finished // Currently edditing/correcting the mistakes.

As I Follow This Little Lies

Scream At Me Until My Ears Bleed

Days passed so quickly it was just scary. Everything was.. as it should be. Billie, Mike and Tre preformed pretty often at Gilman. Mostly they hung out together somewhere... or were working. There was little time left when he was only with Sydney. She didn't mind it at all. She had also work and she was visiting her brother Matt pretty often. That's where Allison was often too. Matt had this awesome idea.... Sydney singing in his band. Allison already agreed on playing with them as their guitar player. There was one guy Sydney didn't know yet. He was playing drums and from what she heard , he was really good. She didn't know if she should agree... That were her dreams... but also dreams from the time she was 15? 18? The idea was still stalking her... Since she was 20 she tried to think more mature, but it didn't work most of the time. She decided to join the band and tell Billie how lucky she was..

When she came back home in the evening from her work, she decided to tell him. As soon as she closed the door behind her, she could hear the music from the basement. The very familiar sound of Green Day having practice.. With a big smile on her face, she went downstairs and sat on an armchair in the dark corner. When Billie looked at her with a grin on his face she waved at him and sang along to the words she knew by heart. After song finished, they put away the instruments.

"Perfect as always." Sydney grinned and hugged Billie.

"I wouldn't call that perfect. Or did you mean.. that I'm perfect?" Billie smirked at her.

"Oh.. so then I should consider my answer again.."

"Sydney? You got something for me?" Tre looked at her hopefully.

"Wait.. I was supposed to get you something?" she asked surprised, scratching her head. Tre made a face.

"Booze." he mumbled.

"I forgot!" she exclaimed. "I was so happy that I... simply forgot..?"

"Happy? You're pregnant?!" Tre asked, looking horrified at Billie. "I'm moving out!"

"Not pregnant, you idiot." she hit him on the head. "Why the hell do you always think I'm pregnant whenever I smile or say I'm happy..." she pouted at him.

"Well... you know.." he looked at Billie grinning slyly. "Shit happens..."

"So what are the happy news about?" Mike asked.

"Well.."

"Well...?"

"You're having twins, but they're not Billie's!!!" Tre exclaimed. Billie glared at him and tried to hit him, but Sydney caught his arm.

"No....." she rolled her eyes. "When I'll be having a kid you'll be the first to know.."

"Yay!"

She looked at each of them with a smile on her face, not saying anything.

"Tell us already!" Billie exclaimed.

"I'm in a band!" Billie's eyes grew wide as Tre jumped at Sydney and she stumbled back, pushing Mike on a couch, falling down with him to the couch and Tre keeping her in a tight hug.

"Our Syd is finally growing up!" he chuckled and got of off her and Mike. Then Sydney stood up and excused Mike for making him fall on a couch. He just laughed at her.

"What band?" Billie asked looking at her seriously.

"I don't know the name yet..."

"What?!" he asked shocked. "You play in a no name band?"

"With Matt, Ali and some guy..." she shrugged. "I can't wait for our very first practice!"

"But you play bass there or sing? Maybe both?"

"Matt is way better bass player." Sydney smiled weakly.

"He plays bass?" Mike asked wide eyed.

"Aha. He doesn't look like the guy that can play anything.." Billie said in bitter voice.

"Billie..." Sydney shot him a glance that said she doesn't want to hear anything bad about her brother from him. Sighing, she went up the stairs, out of the basement and then again up to her and Billie's room. He soon followed her.

"Why did you agree to play with him!"

"Simple. He's my brother. I always wanted to play in a band and.. he asked me if I wanted." she smiled at him and picked up some scattered clothes from the floor, while Billie stood, propped on the door frame with crossed arms, his gaze fallowing her all the time.

"You shouldn't have agreed."

"Oh? Why not?" she glanced at him.

"It's not the best idea. You know what that mean that all of sudden you'll have band practices with over protective brother who probably suck at playing bass?" she put the t-shirt in the cupboard and turned to face him, anger mixed with disappointment.

"You don't know him or never heard him play. You don't know if we'll suck or not. You suggest it's a waste of time? Or maybe you suggest I suck at singing? Maybe writing lyrics? You know? I can't understand you anymore at all!" she exclaimed glaring at him. "You would never ever suggest me playing in your band. Never. I never complained about you playing in Green Day. I never complained that your band is more important then 10 minutes of perhaps short walk, even in front of the house! I don't even expect much from you anymore, since friends are more important. I am not about to sit at home, learn how to cook better, wonder if you're at a bar after work or where you, Mike and Tre went! I'm sick of it! So, if you really care about me you should at least pretend you're happy that I got something to do beside the work!"

He raised his eyebrows as she turned her back on him, feeling worse than before she told him all of this.

"It's you, who don't understand anything." he said in a soft voice.

"Yea, sure. I'm a girl. I should stay at home. Cook. Be a lovely wifie and shut up, huh?"

"Well... "

"Don't finish." she glared. "I guess I know the answer Mr. Perfect!" she rushed out the room, glaring at Mike and Tre, who jumped away from the doors as she walked out.

"Oops." Tre smiled weakly. "She was really really pissed." Minute later they heard the doors slam and they knew she was gone.

"Hey, you're not going after her?" Mike asked puzzled.

"Should I?" Billie looked blankly at him.

"She was quiet right." Mike shrugged. "And she's your wife and.. "

"It's dark! Someone might kidnap her!"

"She can deal with kidnappers." Billie closed the doors in front of Mike and Tre.

He threw himself onto the bed and stared at the ceiling for a longest time. He could understand why she wanted to play in a band, but why with her brother? He didn't want her to play with him. With anyone like Matt. She wasn't home most of the time. Maybe because he wasn't there either. After a while it occurred to him that he forgot they were married. He didn't see any difference between the time they were just going out and now. Maybe they just spent less time together. Way too less. And that was not good. She supported him in anything and he..? He couldn't accept that she wanted to do something more than just meeting friends and working.

He sighed and looked at the photo that stood on the night table. There was a photo of him and Syd. They looked so happy and now he regretted he proposed to her without thinking. They were way happier than when they weren't married...
It started raining outside and it was already cold. He winced as he remembered she didn't take anything warm with her, but where could she be now?

He knew well she preferred to be alone in moments like this. It was their first, real argument... He didn't even say much. It was her, who screamed and overreacted... Maybe there was some of his fault? And now she was somewhere out in the rain... Billie started to feel guilty.

"Damn.. I'm such an idiot" he ran a hand trough his hair and for a moment stared at the window.

"Hey, Billie?" Mike opened the door. Billie turned his face to look at Mike. "You okay?"

"I guess so.." he stood up, put his hands into the pockets of his jeans and walked over to the window. "I hope she's not walking in this rain.. I should have go after her.."

"Yea, you should." Mike nodded his head. "And she was right. You two don't see each other too often. I to-"

"Don't even finish that." Billie said through gritted teeth. "I well know what you mean, Mikey."

Mike shrugged and looked around the room and smirked.

"Your room was never so clean." Billie smirked.

"Advantages of living with Syd under one roof."

"But I doubt that's what she wants." Billie nodded his head.

"Billie! Mike!" Tre yelled. "You two will come down here finally?!?!"

"Coming!" Mike screamed back. "Come on. And don't worry. As you said she'll handle the kidnappers" they both laughed, but Billie didn't feel too optimistic about it. He couldn't imagine her kicking someone's ass. She was too nice to hit even himself....