Sequel: Radiate
Status: Finished // Currently edditing/correcting the mistakes.

As I Follow This Little Lies

Heard You Cried Last Night

It was cold, dark, scary and raining harder and harder with every passing minute. Sydney was running through the streets, soaked and tears were mixing with raindrops hitting her face. Her black eyeliner was smudged on her face and her wavy her were now a complete mess, some of the strands were curly now. Her anger turned into sadness as soon as she was away from the house and person, which made her so angry. She didn't want to come back or stay out in the cold. She didn't take her hoodie or anything warm with her. Sydney hastily forgot about staying at Matt's house. No.. He would rather go visit Billie and talk with him. Bad idea. The best solution was to go and ask Allison, if she could stay for a night. Still she had long way ahead...

Allison was living with her parents. They were a happy family that Sydney always dreamed of. Ali was already in her pajama's, ready to go get some sleep. She was half way upstairs when the doorbell rang. Her father went to open the door as she stood on the stairs and listened, who could come so late.. Her heart beat a little faster when she heard it was Sydney. She ran down the stairs already knowing something was up. She wouldn't come so late without a reason.

She stopped near her father, who let in soaked Sydney into the house. She was staring at her shoes. She looked miserable and she was crying earlier for 100%.

"Sydney!" Allison's mom exclaimed as she saw her. "What happened, Hun! Henry! Bring something warm for her, now." her husband went to the closet and took out the warm blanket. She thanked and put it around herself.

"Mom, please make some tea and I'll take Syd upstairs, so she can wear some dry clothes, okay?"

"Aright. I'll bring the tea to your room then."

Allison lead Sydney up the stairs and as they reached the door she ran to her closet and took some clothes and handed them to depressed looking Sydney.

"Go to the bathroom, put it on and I'll make a bed for you."

"Thank you, Ali."

Allison sighed heavily, thinking what that Billie did this time. She was sure it was something connected to him. If something happened, Billie would be the first to be there for Syd... Then would be Allison.. Or somewhere between Billie and Ali, Matt, but if it was about Billie, Matt wouldn't even know. He was always there to protect his little sister. He was crazy about her.

Allison's mom brought the tea to the room and left hastily, not asking what happened. Minutes later Sydney returned and sat on bed, next to Ali.

"I won't ask. I already know... I think so. You can stay as long as you wish."

"Thanks."

"It's something about Billie, huh?" she couldn't help, but ask out loud, tough the answer was one.

"I'm just a blind idiot. That's all." she shrugged and couple of tears fell from her eyes.

"No, no, no. We're not crying over some fools. We're breaking their nose. Remember?" she said in a soft voice, putting an arm on her friends shoulder.

"I'm overreacting.. " Sydney smiled a small smile. "We just got into a fight."

"And he didn't go after you?"

"I doubt it. By now I just want a short holiday from him.. It's not doing good for me."

"Yea.. I see." Allison sighed. "What was it about.. well, if you can tell me about it."

"He..." Sydney looked at the opposite wall, avoiding Allison's gaze "..don't want me to play with you guys."

"Only that?!" Allison gaped, but after a while remembered that probably none of them were to agree on anything. "Sorry." she mumbled.

"Yea, it's stupid." Sydney admitted. "But.. I'm not about to sit at home like a nice wifie and wonder when he'll be home so I can prepare the damn dinner, take care of kids, while he's God know where! Oh, God... I.. don't believe I actually thought about having kids right now.."

"Well, I never saw you in this role..." Allison smirked. "So what's Billie's problem about the band?"

"Only God knows." she muttered. "I just wish he would simply accept it."

"But, hey! He can't expect you to sit at home whole the time! You got the rights to do whatever the hell you want!"

"Yea, let's write a song." Sydney said in monotone voice, rolling her eyes. Allison got up and went to the drawer and took out some notebook.

"What is your great plan, huh?" Allison wiggled her eyebrows. "I wasn't serious, if I think about what you think.."

"Of course it is.." she eyed the notebook and then without any word, threw it at Sydney who didn't expect a thing.

"Hey!"

"Hey" Allison grinned. "Come on.. we all know it's better to write down what's on your mind then be miserable and go to work without sleeping. Oh... and yea, Harry would ask questions. He love asking questions. Especially about you. He loves it so much." Allison made a funny face and looked seriously at Syd. "Write, write. We don't have whole night."

With a growl she caught the pen, Ali threw her and started writing first line...

***
He woke up in the morning, finding out he was there alone. At first he couldn't remember what happened, but after a while it dawned on him, how stupid he acted. He looked around the room, checking, if she was anywhere in the dark room. She wasn't. Billie got out slowly out of the bed and walked over to the window. He uncovered the blinds, looking away as the sun blinded him. He took some clothed from the drawer and went to the bathroom.

15 minutes later he was going down the stairs and to the kitchen. He stopped in the doorway with a frown on his face. There was Mike and Tre making breakfast.

"Hey Billie.." Mike said as he noticed him. "No. We didn't see her." he replied hastily, seeing the confusion on his face.

"Seems like she didn't return home." Tre added, sitting on the chair and started eating his cereals. Billie sat on a chair with perplexed expression on his face.

Mike and Tre watched him for a while and then exchanged glances. Billie reminded silent. Mike joined them near the table and started eating his breakfast.

"You know, she might be already at work. It's past 11." Billie didn't give any sign that he even heard what Mike said.

"Or she was kinda-OUCH!" Tre yelled as Mike kicked him under the table.

"Fuck! I'm such an idiot!"

"Yes, you are." Tre said massaging his shin. "You don't expect her to sit at home whole this time, huh?"

Billie looked seriously at Tre.

"Of course not!"

"Well, so now only-"

"I must call someone!" Billie stood up, making the chair fall and ran to the phone. He didn't imagine that situation like that would ever happen. He had to find her fast and apologize.. The last thing would be the worst thing to do. He found the phone under the pillow, on the couch and then he realized he didn't know the phone number to anyone she knew.

Mike walked into the living room and looked at Billie with raised eyebrow.

"You okay?" Billie slowly turned his head towards Mike.

"No. Where the hell should I call?"

"So you don't know number to...um.. Allison?"

"Tre!" Billie yelled and with a speed of light Tre appeared in the room. "Allison's number?" Tre looked wide eyed at Billie

"Hey, I know that it's time to party when you got rid of Sydney, finally, took you long tough.. but why the hell you want to go out with her friend?!"

Billie rolled his eyes. "I want to know where Sydney is.. Give me the number?"

"Whew.. Check her stuff."

"Just tell me?" Billie glared at his friend.

"No." Tre crossed his ams and walked out. "I'm not telling you!" he screamed.

"Asshole." Billie muttered walking up the stairs with the phone in his hand. After looking through all her notebooks, he finally found the little book with numbers. He smirked and sat on the bed looking for Allison's number. When he found it, he dialed the number and waited, until someone pick up the phone.

"Yea?" familiar voice of Ali replied.

"Yellow Al!" Billie said with a smile appearing on his face. "What's up?"

"Um.. It's okay? Why the hell would you, of all people, call me?"

"Oh, well, you know.. business stuff."

"Business? Don't tell me you need a guitar player.. or that you're ... um.. getting divorce?" he frowned and didn't reply, smile disappearing from his face.

"What the fuck you're talking about?" he asked. On the other line, now Allison didn't say a word. "Allison?"

"Oh, ha ha. Sorry. I just realized that was quiet stupid.. ha ha You're married!" she laughed.

"Yea.. I'm happily married.." Billie said and bit his lip, thinking that Syd probably thought otherwise. Allison muttered something, that Billie couldn't understand.

"Why do you call, Armstrong?" she asked.

"I'm looking for my pretty girl and.. you know... I thought she might be at your place?"

"Yea, sure... I haven't seen her since we were at Matt's apartment."

"Wha..? Oh, right. Um.. Listen, if she appears at your place, well, tell her I called and asked about her and, um,.. tell her to call, okay?"

"Y-yea, sure!" Allison replied. "So,... see ya!" she said cheerfully and hung up.

"Yea.. see ya." Billie muttered, throwing the phone on the other end of bed, so it almost fell to the floor and lied on his back, closing his eyes. Where the hell are you...? he thought.

"Found her?" Mike asked, walking into the room. Billie propped on his elbows and shook his head. "Isn't she always working in the morning?"

"Mike, you're a genius!" he sat up and checked the numbers again. This time it took longer to find the number. He dialed the number and he didn't wait long till it was picked up..not by Syd.

"Good afternoon, it's Billie Joe Armstrong.." he made a face what made Mike burst into hysteric laugh "..is Sydney Armstrong at work by now? I need to speak with her now"

"Excuse me, Mr. Armstrong, but Sydney Armstrong is not at work by now." male voice replied to him.

"But she's always at work at this time.."

"Well, she's not. She went out for a while. Goodb-"

"Whoa, whoa! Wait. Tell her to call me back when she'll be back okay?"

"Right. Goodbye." Billie glared at the phone, as if he wanted to kill the guy he was talking to.

Somethings not right.

"Somethings not right?" Mike asked.

"Yea.." Billie replied. "Damn.. I can try calling her brother.."

"And why do I think he might like to kill you after this call?" Billie smirked.

"You think she was at his place?"

"She could go there." Mike shrugged.

"Yea, but ... I'd be dead, if she told him what happened, right?" Mike shrugged. "She wouldn't tell him... I wouldn't tell him too."

"Of course you wouldn't." Mike smirked.

"No, no.." Billie furrowed his brows. "It's not about that. I don't like him and he doesn't like me too, but I'd rather know where Sydney is. I really start to worry that something could happen to her..."

"You know where Syd is?!" Tre ran into the room with wide eyes.

"No." Both Mike and Billie said.

"Oh." whole enthusiasm left Tre and he looked from Billie to Mike. "We got plan A?"

"I'm calling her brother."

"Don't worry Beej!" Tre said "I'll visit your grave.. and I'll even bring flowers.. or maybe.. never mind."

Billie rolled his eyes and once again checked the little notebook with phone numbers. He didn't find the number he looked for. He sighed frustrated.

"No dying today?" Tre asked disappointed. "You deserve that..."

"Will you stop already?!" Billie spat. "I didn't think it's such a big deal to her!"

"Yea, you didn't think." Mike said.

"I thought you're on my side, Mike."

"What? Did I say I was on someone's side?"

"What will you tell your mother?"

"My mother?" Billie frowned. "Oh, damn... I forgot." he scratched his forehead and started making up some excuse, if his mother asks him about Sydney.

"You know, all criminal movies starts like that." Tre said "First boy and pretty girl argue, she runs away crying-"

"She...cried?" Billie asked quietly, looking up at Tre with wide eyes.

"Duh!"

"Because of this stupid argument?"

"Shut up." Tre said. "Of course she did. Don't you know her? Oh, well. I should have married her...I know her better."

"One more word and I'll-"

"Calm down, Billie" Mike said, sensing Billie's frustration and anger rising.

"So, the girl was running away, then some psycho caught her and h-"

"Will you shut up?!?!" Billie exclaimed. "I'm seriously worried about her and don't you better talk about crap like that!"

"Ooh! Billie's finally worried about her." Tre said eyeing his friend.

"Of course I am!"

He buried his head in his hands. He had a bad feeling about this situation. He knew he'll have to work hard to apologize her... He wasn't good at that. Thinking about her, something snapped in his mind and he looked up at his two friends with eyes wide open.

"What if... What if she'll want divorce...?" Tre and Mike burst into hysterical laughs. Billie glared at them as minutes passed and they still were laughing.

"Sy-Sydney?.. Oh shit..." Tre said, trying to stop laughing. "You're crazy?... I... I'll... be-become a pr-president b...before she does th-that!"

Mike stopped laughing and looked at Billie, amused.

"That's not funny." Billie said still glaring.

"Of course it is! You two can't ...uh .. live with out each other...?" Tre said.

"Oh, really?" Billie rolled his eyes. "I just thought it might be possible."

"She'd be stupid." Mike replied. "This argument was actually nothing comparing to real problems... Don't worry BJ. Every thing's ahead." he said smirking.

"Yea.. and I don't know if I should cry or laugh at that." he shook his, sighing.