Sequel: Radiate
Status: Finished // Currently edditing/correcting the mistakes.

As I Follow This Little Lies

Billie's Not Worth It

Sydney woke up, feeling the sun on her face. She sat in her bed, looking around confused, wondering where she was. When she noticed Allison, sleeping peacefully on the bed that was standing near the window, she realized that she didn't have a bad dream, but that was reality. She still felt tired after the night. She wrote 4 songs at least, but she felt better... way better. The alarm clock turned on and Allison got up immediately, looking around the room with a weary expression on her face.

"Ali... Go to sleep. I'm planning to comeback here today, you know."

"No..no.. I know. But-" she yawned and stretched her arms "I have to get up anyway. You're going to work now?"

"Yep."

"What if he's searching for you?"

"I doubt he'd even try." Sydney shrugged. "I'm going to get a shower and I'll be going."

"I'll take you there."

"No. You'll take me home, so I'll take some clean clothes and take Billie's car." Allison laughed.

"I want to see him finding out his car is gone."

"Hey! Me too!" Sydney chuckled. "If he's not about to cry because I'm gone, he can always make it up by crying about his car not being there, hm?"

When both girls were ready, they drove to Billie's house. Sydney silently walked into the house. It was 8:30 AM and it was possible to meet someone already. Well, whatever happened she wouldn't meet Billie. He'd be still asleep. Even earthquake wouldn't wake him up. She tip toed to the stairs...

"Sydney?" Ollie spoke. Sydney froze and slowly turned to face Billie's mother. "Sydney...? Where were you?"

"I... It's not what it looks like... I.." she said in a half whisper, nervously tugging on the sleeves of her clothes. "We got into a fight an-"

"I know. I know. Mike told me. Billie didn't leave his room, when I came home." Ollie replied.
"You're staying now?"

"No, I have to get to work. I just came to change my clothes." Ollie nodded and smiled at Sydney.

"I'll talk with Billie later.. He thinks I don't know anything." she winked at Sydney and she continued on her way to her and Billie's room. Silently, she entered the room, walked over to the drawer and took out some clothes, also checking if Billie was asleep. It was hard for her to look at him, remembering every detail of the argument they had and she just wanted to hug him and hear that every thing's gonna be okay or just be there with him. Leaving the room, she heard Billie turning in bed, mumbling something. After she made sure he's still asleep, she quietly walked out the room.

"Syd?" Tre said in half whisper. "What are you doing with this clothes?"

"I'm going to work now." she whispered back. "Don't tell Billie I was here. Don't tell him anything okay?"

"Yea, sure." Tre shrugged. "He was an asshole, so why should I even help him in anything."
Sydney grinned and hugged him.

"Thank you, Frankie."

Saying that, she hastily walked out the door, saying a 'goodbye' to Ollie on her way and taking the keys to Billie's car.

Once she was at work, she felt it'd be a boring day. As she walked into the store Harry greeted her, asked if he can do anything for her or how was she. She just told him she's fine and she don't need anything, after what she sat on the chair, by the counter. Harry was ridiculous with his kindness... but he irritated her from time to time. No. She didn't like him too much.

Couple of hours later, she was sitting in the same spot, looking at the clock from time to time. Harry was talking about something she didn't pay attention to. She felt upset Billie didn't appear in the store like he always would or didn't call. Maybe this time it won't end with a happy ending? she thought, but hastily decided to forget about it, when she felt Harry shook her arm lightly.

"Syd?!" she looked at him with raised eyebrow. "You're not even pretending to listen!"

"Sorry? I just got lost in my thoughts. Sorry." she rubbed her eyes and yawned.

"You're blind." he said looking at her with a compassion and a weird twinkle in his eyes.

"Blind?" she turned her head slightly to the side. "What do you mean?"

"Yes. Why.." he slowly stood up from his chair, enjoying every second of this moment, when she finally paid attention to what he said. "Why do you pretend it's okay when he leaves with guys to have some fun or when he never calls?"

"What?" she blinked, staring at him with interest for the first time in her life.

"Listen, you still can be with me. Don't you see I'd give you more than he'd ever give you?"

"Harry... what the hell...?"

"I'd care for you, I would do everything you told me to, I'd bring you flowers every time-no-everyday!" he trailed off, leaning towards her, staring deep into her eyes. Just like he wanted to eat her alive. Sydney backed off a little from him, feeling suddenly weird in his company.

"I can be everything he'll never be! Why don't you see I am perfect match for you! You must realize!! He can't give you as much as I can Sydney.. You and me were meant to be! Ignore that bastard and marry me...even now!"

"You're scaring me man.." she said standing up from the chair that was already standing under the wall as the effect of trying to get away from Harry, who all the time was closer and closer to Syd. "Stop staring?" she snapped.

"Answer me?" he crossed his arms.

"No. The answer is no. I'm married. I don't feel the way you do... No. It's ridiculous!" You are ridiculous."

"You didn't say happily married." she sighed and shook her head.

"Right. As if it's important."

"You're not happy. I know you too well."

"No, you don't."

"I watched you all those years and I fuckin' know WHEN YOU'RE NOT FUCKIN' HAPPY!"
she flinched as he yelled. He was clenching his fists and his face was almost as red as his hair. He was glaring at her, making her feel like a witch at the stake.

"I-I'm leaving!" she squeaked and ran out the door in a fast pace, not looking back at the red haired man, who was staring at her with desire.

***

She stopped the car in front of the house. She already called Allison about the situation and told her she'd rather return home. There she felt safe... Sighing, she lied her head on the steering wheel and closed her eyes.

Why me..? What did I do to go through all this shit?!

She jumped as she heard a knock on the wind-shield. She calmed down, seeing it was only Mike. He walked to the passengers seat and opened the door and got into the car.

"Hey.. You're pretty early today.."

"Ah. Yes." she faked a smile. "I just was tired... that's all."

"Something ... beside Billie-thing happened? You seem so nervous."

"No." she lied. "I'm just afraid to go in there and face that idiot."

"Really?" Mike chuckled. "I'd be scared too if he was going to strangle me."

Sydney looked at him with eyes wide open. Mike laughed at her. "He'd never let you go again I guess. He was looking for you."

Sydney rolled her eyes.

"I know it's your friend, but don't tell me this lies, okay?"

"But he was. And that guy answered the phone and said you're not at work.. "

"When?"

"Hour ago?" Mike shrugged.

"That bastard!" Sydney exclaimed.

"Billie?"

"No!" Sydney replied. "Oh.. well, he is.. but.. there are much worser people.."

"Can you take me to the music store maybe?"

"Huh?"

"I took your bass strings and they snapped, then I took your bass and they snapped too."

"Oh. Thanks. I love putting new strings.. that's just.."

"I'll do that.. but take me to the store, okay?"

"Sure.." she smiled at Mike and started the car.

Billie's POV

He was lying on the couch, with pillow over his head. The TV was on, but he didn't pay attention to it. The voice was muted. He was patting the thick fur of Freaky. The cat was purring as Billie softly stroked the fur. He couldn't believe he couldn't find her. He had no idea where she could be, but Tre was telling him all the time she'll be back. He wasn't even upset that he didn't get pancakes made by Syd in the morning. That was the most weird thing of the day...

Billie's head was pounding and he got the feeling it might explode any minute. They had no aspirin in the house. He didn't eat anything whole day, thinking about Sydney. And his mother talking with him so seriously about marriage and all that stuff... So serious.
Suddenly he felt so alone without her. He felt guilty and worried about her as never. Billie regretted acting like that last night, but he knew it would be hard for him to admit he was wrong. She'd probably know everything by just one look at him, if she was here. He still was angry at himself he didn't run after her. Life would be so much easier..
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think about this story so far?