Sequel: Radiate
Status: Finished // Currently edditing/correcting the mistakes.

As I Follow This Little Lies

Boogeyman Scared Me

Billie watched her through the window, going from his car with some groceries to the front doors. He went quickly to open the door for her. When Sydney saw him, her mouth opened just like she wanted to say something. After a while of staring at each other in this awkward silence, she went pass him to the kitchen. With a frown he slammed the door, seconds later regretting it as he winced at the sound. Hangovers rocks, right?

"Dammit.." he muttered

"Aspirin?" Sydney said in a soft voice, walking up to him from the kitchen.

"Thank you" he mumbled as she handed him water and medicine.

He swallowed the medicine and drank the water. Sydney already was unpacking the groceries with a blank expression on her face. Billie joined her after he put the glass in the sink.

"I'll help you with this." he said, looking at her uncertainly. She didn't say a word and he started unpacking the groceries that were closer to him. While putting milk and bread into the fridge, from the corner of his eye he notice Syd leaving the kitchen. He stopped in his actions and with perplexed expression watched her look for something.

"If you're looking for a phone it's in our room." Billie told her. She nodded her head and ran up the stairs. Minute later Tre came to the kitchen, grinning like mad.

"She's back!"

"Yea, I know." Billie said unpacking the groceries again.

"You're not happy?" Tre frowned.

"Of course I am" Billie replied in the same monotone voice.

"No, you're not!" Tre accused. Billie shoved his hands into his pockets and walked up to the window.

"She won't even look at me for more than couple of seconds. She's avoiding me.."

"Geez.. I wouldn't even come back home if I was her. Or maybe I would?" Tre shrugged his shoulders and took the cookies from the cupboard. "Aha! Something good finally!"

Sydney closed the door behind her and leaned on them sighing heavily. It was so hard to ignore him.. but he had to apologize. She wouldn't give up on this. He had to learn something important. She never heard him say sorry to anyone. She spotted the phone on the bed and walked over to take it. She delayed the number...

"Hello?" woman answered.

"Hi.. It's Sydney..."

"Sydney? Something's wrong at shop? Should I come over there?"

"I'm not at work now, Joanne..." Sydney said, hoping it won't make her lose the job. She wondered how she should tell her boss about her co-worker going insane, freaking her out... She heard a sigh in the receiver.

"What's your excuse to leave earlier than you should? You know I co-"

"It was a really serious thing!" she cut in "I call only to ask you one thing."

"What is it?"

"I can't work with Harry. He... Seriously... he started talking stuff like... I should leave my husband and run away with him. And there was more. He really freaked me out!"

"He did..?" Joanne said and then she was silent for a while.

"Please, I can work in the evenings, on weekends, but there's no way I'll work with him!"

"I don't know.. Is this really so important for you?"

"Yes. I.. got a bad feeling about working with this guy.. I just.."

"Listen, I'll try to think of something for you.. It's a pretty troublesome situation.." Joanne sighed.
"Well, I'll call you later."

"Okay.." Syd said and Joanne hung up. Sydney put the phone on bed and hid under the covers.

She still could hear his words.

...You and me were meant to be. Ignore that bastard and marry me.. even now!

It was hard to ignore this situation. How could he know they got into a fight? That she wasn't happy at all? Life they lived was far from perfect picture she imagined when he proposed to her.. Was it her fault? Their both? The third option always hunted her.. too young for marriage, too young to live with a such a responsibility to stay with each other for a lifetime. Did Billie even care? She felt as they were walking away from each other.. That was not right.

"SYDNEY!" Tre yelled bursting through the doors.

"Leave me alone." she said loud enough for him to hear. He jumped onto the bed and looked under the covers.

"Hey? Why the hell you hid here? You saw Boogeyman, right?!" Tre looked around with concern.

"Boogeyman was at my work. He wanted me to leave Billie." she replied, trying to sound normal.

"And you said.. no?"

"Of course."

"So come on! You can't stay here! Let's have some fun!"

"I don't want.."

"What?!?!" Tre stared at her in shock. She lifted her head to look at him and he frowned. "You're crying?"

"I was."

"I'm going to kick Billie's ass right now!" Sydney caught his arm quickly and shook her head.

"It's not Billie.. "

"Boogeyman?" Tre smirked. She nodded her head slowly.

"The guy which works with me... he.. he started talking about my relationship with Billie, that.. that we're not happy and I should leave Billie and marry that guy and.. he really scared me.. and I never talked with him about my private life and.. how can he know everything?"

"Oh.. secret lover?" Tre raised his eyebrows. "Hey, why don't we go eat ice creams?"

"Like I need more ice creams..." Sydney crossed her arms.

"Syd." Tre whined. "And if I let you eat chocolate ice creams? All yours?" Sydney grinned and hugged Tre.

"Ice creams!!!!" Tre exclaimed throwing his hands into the air.

Billie was lying on the couch, watching TV. From time to time he listened if someone's going down the stairs. Soon he felt so sleepy. He was half way to the dream land, when he heard someone running down the stairs. Laughs. Tre and Sydney. He opened his eyes and lied on his stomach, trying to see what they were doing in the kitchen. Tre was sitting on a chair already eating ice creams and Sydney was looking for something.

Damn.. If I won't talk to her, she won't even look at me.. I guess I can expect poisoned food from her for dinner today.. Billie thought and smiled weakly at the thought.

She laughed at something that Tre said and then walked towards the living room.

Perfect chance. Billie smirked.

He slowly got up from the couch and soundlessly made his way towards her. Sydney was looking around the room in search of something. She backed off only to be caught by someone she didn't really want to see. He lied his head on her arm and closed his eyes.

"B-Billie Joe?!"

"Who else would that be?" he chuckled.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"Hugging you. And what you thought I was doing?" he smirked

"Something that's pissing me off? You may as well tie me up right now, drag to the car, knock me out with a baseball bat and throw into some lake..."

"Sorry sweetheart, not yet." he whispered into her ear. "By the way.. we should do something with our problem, don't you think so?"