Sequel: Radiate
Status: Finished // Currently edditing/correcting the mistakes.

As I Follow This Little Lies

Stalker

She shivered slightly as he spoke into her ear. Sydney didn't dare to turn her head and look at him, since then she'd easy get lost in his eyes and forgive him right away. Yeah, blame that pretty green eyes...

"Billie.. can we talk later? I'm busy."

"Oh, come on! There's nothing more important than this. Seriously." he said, turning her to face him.

"Well?"

"Eh.. you start." he said grinning.

"What? No way! I didn't start the whole thing..." she crossed her arms and refused to look at him.

"Sydney.." he whined "What should I say? That I'm sorry? Oh, right. That sure was my fault, you know?" Sydney narrowed her eyes, looking at him.

"Save it. Cocky bastard." she unwrapped his hands from around her and went past him. Billie hit himself on the head and quickly walked up to her, catching her arm, turning her to face him. She glared at him and he suddenly felt as he was playing with a fire.

"I didn't mean it like that. I.. um.. I know I said something wrong.. but don't you think that 'I'm sorry' is not enough here? That won't change a thing.. I'd rather.. I don't know..."

"This stupid little word would be enough for me, you know? Maybe we'll talk when you re-think everything?"

"No!" he placed his arms on her arms. "We must talk now."

"Oh, right. Just because master says so." she said in annoyed voice. "You won't admit you thought only about yourself, that you said no just because you don't want me to spend more time with Matt.. You... you seem to not accept the fact that I have a life beside you and your friends too! You got life beside me too. And what? I don't say a thing when you come home drunk or high.. Always wondering where the hell you were or what hour you'll be back. If you'll be back." He stared at her with raised eyebrows. Her eyes welled up with tears and she hated hearing her voice quivering just a little.

"Maybe you should consider this things? I can't sit whole days after work doing nothing. I'm not your prisoner, you know? Did I ever ask you to quit Green Day? No. And you tell me to forget about playing with my friends and brother. That's not right at all. Do you-" he couldn't take it anymore and pulled her into a tight embrace, crashing his lips onto hers in a soft kiss.

"That's usually the part when people yell at each other" Tre said walking into the room, stopping dead in his tracks. "GET A ROOM!" he yelled backing off to the kitchen with disgust on his face.

Billie pulled away and stared at shocked Sydney. Single tear rolled down her face.

"I didn't know you cared so much about all of that.. Damn." he said in a half whisper "I.. I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you. I promise."

Sydney smiled weakly and lied her head on his shoulder.

"Where were you whole night?"

"At Ali's house."

"What? When I called her she said she haven't seen you..."

"I told her to tell you that if you were about to call. Actually.. I doubted you'd call." Billie looked at her in disbelief.

"I called even your work to know where the hell you ran away. I couldn't sleep."

"Especially in the morning. Yeah." Sydney rolled her eyes. "You was sleeping when I was here... and I took your car."

"Tre can tell you everything. If you can't believe me." he shrugged. "That guy didn't tell you I was calling?"

"Wha- Wait! You called this morning?" he nodded his head. Sydney looked away from Billie.

Harry picked up the phone, while I went to the shop to get something to eat.. he couldn't talk with Billie while I was there..

"Did you tell him.. anything? Like... that we got into a fight?"

"No?" Billie frowned. "Why do you ask?" she shook her head.

"It's nothing. He acted weird. That's all."

Billie nodded his head and eyed her for a moment.

"Guys! Done already?! Syd! I'm going to eat your ice creams if you won't come here!" Tre screamed.

"No! Don't touch them!" she screamed, running to the kitchen. Billie followed and sat in a chair next to Sydney.

"Where's Mike?" Tre asked.

"Um... he ditched me in a shop when he saw his girlfriend... I didn't want to wait for him."

"Oh." Tre smirked. "I thought you left him in the trunk."

Billie raised his eyebrows.

"Why she would do that?"

"Because I saw them earlier leave together.. you know.. she saw him last so.. what if Sydney really keeps him in the trunk?"

Sydney got up to take something to drink.

"There's no reason to lock Mike in the trunk, but if that was you, Tre, I would do that." she smirked. "If I wouldn't forget then maybe you could see the sun again.. It would be worse if Billie found you after couple of weeks.. aw.. don't wanna think about it!"
Tre glared at her.

"At least I didn't do anything to you! It's not me eating your ice creams!" Sydney looked at Billie, who was staring at the opposite wall, eating her ice creams.

"Billie?"

"Yes?"

"What are you eating?"

"Ice creams?"

"Yes? And whose ice creams that are?"

"Yours." he grinned. "Hey! Be thankful. At least you won't complain that you gained weight."

Tre gasped and Sydney looked at him with raised eyebrow.

"Oh.. So. You suggest I'm fat?" she looked at herself and winced remembering telling herself 'no ice creams'.

"God no!" Billie exclaimed. "You're perfect."

"Yea, sure." she rolled her eyes.

"You see? Never say something like that when woman is around!" Tre whispered to Billie.

"I needed an excuse to eat the ice creams!" Billie whispered back. "Do you think she'll drag me to that trunk, tied me and throw into the sea?"

"I heard that, Billie." she smirked.

***

In the evening when Mike was back, everyone decided to watch some movie. When Sydney walked into the kitchen, Ollie was looking out the window.

"Sydney, dear, do you see that car?" she pointed at the car parked on the opposite side of the street. "I saw it standing here several nights in a row. The man doesn't leave his car, whenever he comes here."

With confusion on her face she looked at the car and froze. She knew that guy and she suddenly felt that whenever she'll be it's not too safe, because he'll follow her.

"Isn't he staring at our house?" Ollie asked with concern in her voice.

"I-it seems so." Sydney replied.

"Syd? You're coming already?" Tre walked into the kitchen. "Hey! What about the popcorn?"

"Tre? Can you come over here for a while?" he sighed and nodded his head. Looking at the direction that both Ollie and Sydney were looking, he spotted the car and a familiar guy.

"He works with you... Hey! That's the guy you told me about? The secret lover? Let's run away and get married!" Tre laughed.

"Yes, but why the hell he comes here? I don't like it."

"I don't think it's normal. He must be stalking you, dear." Ollie said putting a hand on Sydney's arm. "We should call the police if that happens again."

"Oh, I don't know... he wouldn't hurt anyone.."

"You think so?" Tre asked

"Well, he doesn't look like he would.."

"I'll go upstairs now. I have to get up early in the morning tomorrow. Have fun watching the movie." Ollie hugged them and left the kitchen. Tre took a bowl of popcorn that was standing on the table and went to the room. With one last look at the car, Sydney took 3 beers and one coke for her. She placed everything on the table and sat on the couch next to Billie, wrapping her arms around him and lying her head on his shoulder.

"Somethings wrong, Syd?" she looked up at him and shook her head.

"Why should something be wrong?"

"I don't know." he shrugged and kissed the top of her head. "I thought you're already scared because of the movie."

"Ha! I'm not afraid of horrors... I love them!" she smirked.

Deep inside, she wanted to tell Billie everything what Harry said and that now he was another night in a row, as Ollie said, sitting in his car, watching the house. She could already picture Billie walking out of the house to kick his ass. She couldn't let that happen as long as she didn't know exactly what's going on.