Sequel: Radiate
Status: Finished // Currently edditing/correcting the mistakes.

As I Follow This Little Lies

Giving Up?

Christmas were closer and closer with everyday. Still, it was three weeks away. Whenever you went there already shops were fully into Christmas time. From the middle of October...People were walking around, wasting their lives in shops, looking for perfect presents for their dear families.

Billie and Sydney went together to one of that big shops, where you could feel it was Christmas or.. it just made you sick, all the propaganda and 'spend your whole cash here, do it! do it!'. Their fridge was empty and no one really wanted to go to crowded shops. Tre and Mike had some stupid excuses... So, Sydney had to go. Somehow, she managed to drag Billie along with her.

"Hey! Look at that huge Panda!" Sydney exclaimed and pointed at the bear, tugging at Billie's shirt. "It's so sweet isn't it?"

He rolled his eyes and tried to pull her away from the sight of huge bears, before she could leave with one of them. He wanted to get out quickly from the shop and the thought about standing in line with all the groceries was making him sick.

"Let's go. I don't want to spend the rest of my life staring at creepy toys."

"Even with me?" he looked at her seriously and she rolled her eyes. "There's no fun with you..."

She followed him through the crowds, almost losing the sight of him. He was walking fast, not even looking if she followed.

He must be in a hurry She thought, sighing. She took out list of what to buy and scanned it quickly, when she caught up to him.

"Billie Joe?!" both Billie and Sydney looked towards two blonde's, walking up to them, eyeing Billie up and down. Both girls were wearing mini skirts and some shirts. They were smiling sweetly at Billie as he didn't spoke. Sydney's gaze dropped when she noticed the way both blonde's were staring at him. Like a cookie. As she suspected one of girls eyed her with a smirk on her face.
"What's up, sweetie? Missed me?" one of the girls walked up to him and put a finger under his chin, so he was looking straight into her eyes. Sydney clenched her fists, but didn't look anywhere then her feet. She hated girls like that..

He wouldn't let me call him this.. Oh, no.. It would be the end of the world then. And why he even won't tell them to go away? Why don't we just leave? He looks like a frozen fool. Damn all the Barbie girls!

"Are you bored with her already? Tell me the truth, sweetie." Barbie said in a sweet, annoying voice.

"Nothing special, gees.. Armstrong. You got bad taste.. Everything started when you dropped out.. Heh. I can't believe it still."

He didn't say a thing. And he should if you asked Sydney for her opinion.

"Hey.. she looks like she got these clothes from trash."

"I'm going, you know where to find me." Sydney said trough clenched teeth and left hastily, but he seemed... still like in some kind of daze.

As she went into the alley with vegetables, fortunately she was there alone, tears that tried to escape long ago, finally ran down her pale face. She wiped the tears and narrowed her eyes, thinking how stupid it is to be so sensitive sometimes.

Billie must be really bored with me she snickered.

She couldn't feel any worse than after that. People like that always made her low esteem fall down rapidly. She calmed down a little, wiped her tears with the sleeve of her hoodie.

Arms wrapped from behind her and she turned around to face B- Harry...He stared at her with concerned expression on his face, while Sydney stared at him with disappointment mixed with shock and anger.

"Wh-what are you d-doing?" he pulled her forcefully closer.

"I'm here for you. That bastard won't hurt you anymore. I promise."

"Let go! Now!" Sydney exclaimed,trying to push him away "I'll start screaming if you don't do so!"
"I love you. You got no idea how much. He's such an idiot that he let you go so easily!" he said, ignoring Sydney's treats. She tried, still pushing him away, but he was holding her in a firm embrace.

"Let.go" she growled "Seriously, better don't make it any worse!"

"Oh? You know.. I've been keeping an eye on you.. Every time... In a cafe when you was with him. On a concert. In the park.. Cinema.. Your house.. And I wanted just to walk over and kick his ass. I-"

"You... you were stalking us all the time?!"

"Stalking is not a good word." he smirked. "Darling, he's not worth your love."

"You've got no idea about this!" she managed to get out from his grip and backed away. She noticed some people stopping for a while, looking at them with interest, but they hastily walked away.

"I won't let anything happen to you, Sydney." he said in a soft voice, suddenly catching, first her wrists and then placing his hands on her arms. She didn't even notice when he pulled her closer. He crushed his lips forcefully onto hers, as she struggled to get free.

Harry didn't have the time to enjoy the kiss. He was pulled away from her and punched hard in the face.

"Don't you fuckin' dare to touch my girl, you bastard!" Billie spat, lifting him by the collar of his shirt.

Sydney backed away from the two, looking from furious Billie to Harry. His nose was bleeding.
"You're not worth her, Armstrong." Harry smirked with satisfaction, seeing he made Billie more angry than he was already. "You're a no one. What future you two got, while you're going nowhere?" Billie didn't say anything and looked at shaken Sydney.

Suddenly, Harry punched Billie in the face, making him stumble into the vegetable stall. Crowd started to form around them, as Billie tried to get up, his back aching horribly.

"Harry!" Sydney exclaimed suddenly, looking from Billie to the red haired guy.

"Yea, babe?" he asked, somewhat proud of himself.

"You know, this is for insulting Billie!" she punched him. "And this is for stalking us!" she kicked him in the shin.

"You bitch." Harry spat, through gritted teeth, jumping on one leg, massaging his shin. All of sudden he slapped her so hard, she fell to the ground, wincing. Billie got up and seeing what happened, he plunged at Harry. Someone from the crowd walked over to Sydney and helped her up, while two officers ran up to the two fighting. They pulled them away from each other and handcuffed.

"Billie..." Sydney whispered, looking at him being taken by one of the policemen.

"Miss, we got some questions, so if you could go with us.."

"Y-yes." she replied, looking still after Billie.

***

"You okay?" Sydney asked as they walked out of the police station.

"Yea." Billie replied, shoving his hands into his pockets. "What about your cheek? Does it hurt a lot?"

"No. Just a little." she smiled at him. "I'm just glad they won't let him out for a while.."

"Damn. That psycho is really obsessed with you. I didn't know he was stalking us!"
Sydney bit her lip and sighed heavily.

"He even was watching our house."

"What?!" Billie exclaimed, stopping and looking at her with shocked expression. "H-how long you knew about this?"

"Few days?" she replied. "Your mom told me and then Tre also saw him.."

"You didn't tell me?!" Billie looked at her angrily. "I would.. I-"

"That's why I didn't tell you!" Billie sniggered and crossed his arms.

"You defend that bastard?"

"No."

"He's obsessed with you! How the hell you know he wouldn't do something stupid! Seriously, Syd, we won't last like this if you plan on telling Tre everything and not me or hiding it!"

"Billie.. we got to get the groceries."

"I don't fuckin' care!" he spat. "Don't change the fuckin' subject again!"

"You didn't seem to care about me being around or not while that two blonde's appeared, you know?" she crossed her arms, looking away from him.

"Yea, sure." Billie rolled his eyes.

"And of course you didn't hear what they sad about me a-"

"That's a different situation!"

"But you could actually say something back then! How do you think I felt there?" he stayed silent looking at the road. "I saw the way you was staring at her. I.. start to believe what people say.."

"W-what do you mean?"

"Maybe you should have someone.. who would have a better taste in clothes and look good.. not-"

"What the hell is wrong with you..?"

"Everyone said this won't work out.. our friends, o-"

"Fuck this!" Billie yelled "You're married to me or them?!"

"Billie, I-"

"I know, we argue too much, but fuck that! Everyone argue. And I wouldn't exchange you for some blondie, which care only about her looks. I don't care what people say."

"But.. what will be in a year, two. You don't sound convincing to me. You don't seem happy with me lately. I don't know maybe I'm just paranoid? SO much happened lately and.. I'm lost."

"You give up?" Billie asked dryly, looking at her with his eyebrows slightly raised.

"Wha-No.. I.."

"Whatever." he said, walking away, Sydney following him, mentally punching herself for saying things not the way she wanted.