Sequel: Radiate
Status: Finished // Currently edditing/correcting the mistakes.

As I Follow This Little Lies

Awkward

"He's coming back today?" Sydney asked Mrs. Armstrong, who called her with this news. She was kind of sad that he didn't call her. He didn't do that for a week?

"He called me 10 minutes ago that they will be home today." Mrs. Armstrong said in a cheery voice.

"That's awesome! I can't wait till they will be home. Finally." Sydney smiled.

"Well, I won't disturb you anymore, sweetie."

"Oh, no, no. I wasn't doing anything important."

"Maybe you two will visit me some time? Well, I must go to work now. Bye Sydney."

"Goodbye, Mrs. Armstrong."

Sydney put the phone on the table and looked at the window. 'Why didn’t he call me?'

She noticed Brittany leaving the house, ignoring Sydney completely. She still didn't know what she did wrong or what happened. She heard from Matt that Brittany and others had new lead singer and were performing at the Gilman Street this night. Good reason not to go there. Sydney decided to go and play her bass since there was nothing else to do. She put some CD in CD player and played on her bass along with the album.

***

In the evening Billie Joe and his two friends, Tre and Mike, entered the house. It was silent. Well, almost. Upstairs there could be heard music playing, but no one really cared when they entered the house.

"So where's the party?!" Tre exclaimed looking around disappointed.

"Seems like no ones here…Almost." Mike looked at Billie. "You didn't say a word for almost the whole day now."

"I'm okay. I'm going to my room." he said dragging his luggage behind him.

"He's really in a bad mood. He's…scaring me." Tre said in half whisper to Mike.

"We told him it was the worst idea to get married so early." Mike shrugged and went straight to the living room.

Billie reached the doors of the bedroom. He heard what guys said. Everyone said he made a mistake and now he didn't know if they were right or not. He didn't want them to be right. When he went inside he saw Sydney sleeping peacefully on the bed, with her cat, Freaky, lying on Sydney's back. Billie went over to the CD player and turned it off. He put his bags on the floor and glanced at Sydney.

Could this be true? He sat down and stared at her for a while. Since he was tired from driving he decided to go to sleep. He would eventually find out the truth.

"Wake up you two!"

"Trè, you idiot!!! That fucking hurt!!!" Billie yelled as Trè jumped on the bed and landed on him. Sydney rubbed her eyes, sitting up and then noticed Billie and Trè.

"Billie!" she wrapped her hands around his neck, putting her head on his arm. "You guys finally returned!" she smiled brightly looking from Billie to Trè. She narrowed her eyes as she saw Billie's emotionless expression.
"Something’s wrong..?"

"What?! You asked what is wrong?! You're playing a concert in.." Trè looked at his watch "30 minutes! 30! What are you doing in here?! Brittany left an hour ago!"

"Oh?" Sydney's face fell. "Well, have...fun if you're going to Gilman’s." she walked out the room and to the bathroom, close to tears. No matter what the band was still important to her.

"What happened to her?" Trè asked wide eyed as she left the room.

"How am I supposed to know?" Billie spat.

"She's your wife, dude! You should know something."

"So? I don't care."

"You're really acting weird lately. I don't know what it is, but she is really upset, so you shouldn't act like that towards her."

"Like what." Billie glared

"Like now. Or when she noticed you was here she looked happy."
Trè winked and headed out the doors. Billie sighed and looked around the room. Nothing changed at all since he left for tour. He sat on the bed staring blankly at the wall not thinking at all, when Sydney walked into the room. He glanced at her and noticed she was crying.

"Syd? Why were you crying?"

"What?" she walked over to the drawer and took her pajamas. "I wasn't crying."

"That's the most stupid lie I’ve ever heard."

"So?" she turned around to see Billie standing in front of her.

"Why don't you just tell me what happened?"

"Cos...That’s not interesting?"

"It must be." he put his hands on her arms.

"No, its not." she smiled at him and tried to get away. Billie sighed and picked her up and carried to the bed. He placed her on it and then sat next to her.
"You're not going anywhere until you tell me." Sydney sighed, looking down. "I thought there were no secrets between us."

"But it's not a secret." she bit her lip.

"Okay. Why are you here when your band is at Gilman’s?"

"That's not my band."

"What? You left them?" he looked at her disbelievingly.

"No. They did. I don't know why."

"But why? I thought you were the leader of that band."

"So what? That doesn't matter if other band members hate you."
Billie raised his eyebrows. He didn't know what to say at all. "If you want, you can go to Gilman’s. I'm not stopping you." she stood up and walked out the door.

Sydney was really happy he was back, but it felt awkward. Like they had nothing to talk about and he seemed so much distant. Maybe that was because they haven't seen each other for a long time? Or maybe everyone else was right? In the end they didn't know each other that good.