Sequel: Radiate
Status: Finished // Currently edditing/correcting the mistakes.

As I Follow This Little Lies

Keep On Breathing

Sydney couldn't take her eyes off of his sparkling ones and reminded silent, feeling butterflies mixed with nervousness that was building up inside her. Billie cleared his throat and looked around feeling very uncomfortable by the situation he was in. Sydney looked away.

Why is it always me to catch up with the past in such a cool time like this? I wish I were invisible…

This was unexpected to both of them and no one seemed to say anything. Walking away seemed to be a good idea, but neither of them could move or didn't want to. Sydney wrapped her arms around herself, still avoiding his gaze and Billie stared at her, wondering what he should say.

"Hey, you look good, did you do something with your hair?" seems to be the most stupid thing I could say now. Damn. She obviously won't say anything. Fuck. She does look good... damn.

She noticed the way he was staring at her and her cheeks turned a bright pink color. She looked hastily around hoping someone she knew could save her.

"So?" Billie said finally, making her look at him with confusion. "What are you doing here?"

"I...uh...I came here, cause... I... um...” she nervously fumbled with her hands, looking anywhere, but at him. Billie glanced at her with raised eyebrows. "I sneaked in here... to see... someone famous!"

"You know, since you got that." he pointed at her ID hanging loosely from her neck. "I assume that you are here from different reasons."
She nodded her head, mentally slapping herself for making up such a stupid excuse. In the end Billie Joe wasn't such an idiot.

He probably knows what I might be here for. Damn him. He'll always have fun making a fool out of myself or making me nervous like this!'

She sighed and looked down at her hands.
If I tell him, he'll come see us perform. I don't want that. If I tell him, he'll...

"Are you there?" he asked with a smirk plastered to his face. He leaned on the wall and studied her face. She looked so nervous.

"Huh?" she looked at him. "I-I have w-work t-to d-do."

"What kind of work?" he folded his arms, feeling relaxed and not nervous anymore.

Now that's fun. he thought.
"None of your business." she replied and opened her mouth to add something.

"Syd!" she sighed with relief and spotted Dave walking towards her.
"Davy, hunny bunny!"

"H-hunny bunny?" Billie muttered as his eyes widened and darted towards the guy, who just joined them. He didn't see Billie, yet.

"I told you to find a boyfriend and call him that not me" he laughed slightly. "Anyway... I was looking for you, Barbie." he grinned. Sydney smacked her head.

"I told you not to call me Barbie!" Dave put his arm around her shoulders.

"But you are one. By the way... we can't go back to the dressing room as long as that two are making out on that couch."

"Ew!" Sydney looked horrified at Dave. "Don't tell me stuff like that! I will never again fall asleep on the same bus with them!"

"It was coming." Dave looked down. "Now... it's only me left!"

"Not so long... You're next." Sydney smirked. Dave put a hand to his chin and narrowed his eyes.

"You're right. Even you're in danger..." he looked in Billie's direction and his eyes went wide. He looked from Sydney to Billie. "Oh... I was right! You are next!"
Sydney blushed and hid behind Dave, so Billie wouldn't notice how red her face was. Billie smirked noticing how she acted. He felt like leaving the two of them, but somehow he couldn't.

"Hey, Armstrong." Dave said in a cheerful voice and threw a sideways glare at Sydney, who hit him hard on the arm.

"You're not going to see Syd perform?"

"Now?" he asked, raising his eyebrow.

"In 30 minutes, I guess." Dave shrugged "If you're not busy...”

"Dave...Why don't you go and invite everyone." Sydney crossed her arms. "In the end it will be so interesting." she rolled her eyes.

"Yeah! I know. It was supposed to be an early birthday present. You'll be finally 21." he ruffled her hair, making her groan annoyed. "You ruined everything now."

"Hey, I might come. Well, I got to go now. Later, guys."

"Yep, see you later." Dave smiled mischievously and draped his arm around Sydney's shoulders. They headed towards their dressing room in a slow pace.

"So how was it?"

"Thanks for saving me. I was so nervous. My heart's still beating so fast and head is spinning... an-"

"Your face is a tomato color." Dave snickered.

"Um, yea." she said quietly

"I think you still feel something towards that guy. He seemed shocked to see you. Damn... I missed such a cool moment. You know how much money I'd get for photos of you and Billie?"

"Don't even start!" she warned him.

"Fine."

***
Billie walked into his dressing room, re-playing what just happened when he met Sydney.
Suddenly, something jumped on him and he hit the ground with a loud thud and his two friends laughed at him. Trè Cool got off of him, rolling on the ground, laughing. Mike was sitting on the couch trying to regain control over the sudden outburst.
When they calmed down and noticed Billie wasn't laughing, but got up from the floor without a word, glare directed at Trè and sat on the couch, Mike and Trè looked at each other. Mike shrugged and looked at Billie.

"Something happened?"

"No. Why?"

"You act weird."

"Guess who I met today!" Trè beamed, jumping on the couch. When Billie didn't reply, he stopped jumping and sat next to him. "Come on. It's easy!"

"Don't tell me you met Sydney." Billie looked at him blankly. Trè gasped and with wide eyes looked at Mike.

"Wow. How did you-"

"I met her. By accident." Mike raised his eyebrows.

"So that's all about!" Billie shrugged. "You talked with her?"
A weak smile crept onto Billie's face as he looked at his band mates.

"She was too nervous to say anything more than answer my questions."

"She was?" Mike chuckled.

"I never saw her like that."

"When she talked with me she was pretty good." Trè grinned. "I even got a hug!"

"So what?" Billie looked at Trè.

"I managed to get her wallet!" Trè took it out from his back pocket and waved in front of Billie's face.

"So that's why...” Billie muttered, remembering how she suddenly decided to go back.

"Trè, why the hell did you take her wallet?" Mike raised his eyebrow.

"For fun!" Trè said in a half whisper, looking at the door as if he expected someone to burst through them anytime soon. Billie chuckled and took it from Trè's hand.

"Hey!" The drummer tried to grab it from his friend’s grasp, but Billie ran away from him to the other end of the room. "You can't have this!"

"Of course I can!"
Trè got to his feet and chased Billie around the couch. Mike watched his friends with a smirk. While running near Mike, Billie tripped over Mike's legs and fell onto the ground. Before Trè realized what happened, he was next to fall over, on top of Billie.
"Mike. You're dead." Billie said in a low voice. "Trè! Get off!"

Mike got up from the couch and walked over to his friends, picking up the photo that fell from the wallet.
"Oh, man...”

"What is it?" Trè asked, standing up. He took the photograph and smirked.

"Hey, Beej." Billie hastily got up and looked in confusion at his friends. "What do you think about this?"
Trè handed the photo to Billie, who stared at photo with mixed feelings. There he was with her... their weeding photo.

"You should give it back to her, you know." he threw the photo at Mike and walked over to his bass guitar.

"Whatever. I'm going to see the concert now!" Trè picked up the wallet. "She won't be happy to see me with this!" he laughed evilly and walked out, followed by Mike.
The green eyed guitarist stayed alone in the room with million thoughts running through his head. And the question which didn't want to let him sleep was... Was she really unhappy being with him?

***

Such sadness in her eyes
All she heard was lies
Hard to breath and hard to eat
Forced to take her violence neat
All the walls closin' and doors shut left and right
Seemed like the only thing was a long black night

No, no, no, no black night
No, no, no but she said

Keep on breathin'
Keep on copin'
Keep on livin'
Keep on hopin'

No more sadness in her eyes
Truth killed off the lies
She breathes deep and smiles wide
Lady luck rides at her side
All the walls are down and the way ahead is clear
Seems like she's gonna fly
With no more fears

No, no, no, no more tears
No, no, no cause she said

Keep on breathin'
Keep on copin'
Keep on lovin'
Keep on hopin'

Don't go under
Don't fall down
Whatever you give must come round
Don't go under
Don't fall down must come round Yeah!

No no no no black night
No no no 'cause she said
Keep on breathin'
Keep on copin'
Keep on lovin'
Keep on hopin'
Keep on breathin' (Yeah, yeah, yeah!)
Keep on copin' (Yeah, yeah, yeah!)
Keep on lovin'(Yeah, yeah,y eah!)
Keep on hopin'
Yeah, yeah, yeah!


The crowd went wild when the song ended and the band said their goodbyes, running off the stage, beaming and laughing. Sydney was about to take a sip from her water when someone ran up to her and spun her around in their arms.

"Trè!" she laughed hugging him back. "Let me breathe!"

"Right, right! Keep on breathing girl!" he let go of her. "Ew! You're wet. Oh my gosh! It's not water it's... it's...”

"Sydney!" Mike walked up to them and covered Trè s mouth. "You rocked!"

"Thanks." she smiled. "Cool that you came here."

"Sydney! I got something yours!" Trè waved in front of her eyes her wallet.

"You little devil!"

"Oi!" Trè waved warningly finger in front of her. "Devil. Yes. Little. NO!" he smirked and took off with Sydney chasing him, screaming what she'll do when she'll catch him.

"Mike!" Allison hugged him. "Long time no see!"

***
Sydney was out of breath and wished to get some water, since she didn't manage to get any, because of Trè. He was nowhere to be seen, but she knew where he probably was. She walked up to the door and knocked on them without hesitation.

The door swung open to reveal Trè, who closed them with a shriek escaping his lips.
"Trè open up this fucking door or I'll castrate you!" she yelled, knocking on the door. "I'm not joking' Frank, you'll re-"

"Calm down, Barbie!" came a voice from the other side of the door and she frowned, recognizing the owner of the voice. She gulped and backed away just in time. The doors opened revealing Billie Joe, with her wallet in his hand. She stared at him with a frown on her face, her brain again working too slow to register what was going on.

"You came here for this, huh?" Billie looked at the wallet. She slowly nodded her head. "Now, take this, take a long cold shower, calm down and see you later."
She nodded her head once again, still staring at him. He gave her back her property, his hand brushing against hers, making her skin cover with goosebumps. He quickly leaned in and kissed her and closed the door. She stood there a little while longer and then it hit her what just happened.

"Damn you, Armstrong!" she screamed, hearing laughter coming from the other side of the door, feeling embarrassed and angry at herself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song "Keep On Breathing" by Exilia