Sequel: Radiate
Status: Finished // Currently edditing/correcting the mistakes.

As I Follow This Little Lies

VMA

Dookie was a huge success. There was no doubt. Strawberry Acid was creeping behind with new hits: Baby doll and Stop Playing God.

Many concerts, screaming fans and many interviews caused that media couldn't get over both bands. Every concert was a good occasion for a new material, a word or two from one of the band members, no matter if that was Strawberry or Green Day.

Since it was confirmed that both lead singers were once married, the best was when someone managed to get to Billie or Sydney. Both of them hated the questions and avoided the topic as much as possible. Billie would ignore the paparazzi or journalists, while Sydney would helplessly try to convince them to shut up about it.

Somehow, the argument was forming when Billie said something without thinking, like 'our marriage was a failure'.

She would just shrug her shoulders, emotionless look at the reporter and say 'It's his opinion, it's in the past and I don't really care.'

And there would be more and more questions.

When Green Day and Strawberry Acid happened to play in the same place, same festival, there was a fight for a better photo or video. Not only of the bands. No. The tension between two ex lovers was so huge everyone could sense it in the air like a rain or thunderstorm coming.

Photographers waited for some incident to happen, like a little fight or maybe the opposite. Billie would ignore her, but sometimes glance at her, while she was joking around with her band mates or other two Green Day members. She tried to pretend she didn't care at all, that he wasn't there.

Occasions like that were rare, but when VMA came, now that was the event no one would like to miss. All the celebrities in one place, the night of awards and probably some scandals or some spectacular shows. The two bands happened to be nominated in one category together. Both were performing. Sydney was very nervous about the VMA's. It was one of those moments she wished to be invisible.

All four of them didn't wear anything special. They decided to stay in normal, everyday clothes. Being in the same room with so many famous people was something new, but not anything that told them to try and wear something which would make them feel uncomfortable.

Strawberry Acid was already sited and they waited patiently, looking around curiously at the celebrities passing by, going to their places.

Allison spotted someone and smirked, tapping Sydney on the shoulder.

"What?"

"Your boyfriend's here." she said in a sweet voice, pointing at the three guys sitting not too far away from them. Sydney noticed them and huffed, crossing her arms.

"I'd rather go out with some psycho than with him."

"Of course you would.” Allison chuckled. Sydney's gaze followed Billie and when she realized she was staring she looked away quickly, narrowing her eyes,

"I saw that!" Matt exclaimed, causing some people to look at them. "Admit it! You’ve got a problem!"

"Yes, I, Sydney admit that I've got a problem." she said raising her hands into the air. "Now fuck off!!"

Somehow, the time passed quickly and it was time to go backstage and prepare for a short performance.

Strawberry Acid headed backstage, all of them feeling more than nervous. They seemed to be scared of performing there. On the VMA's.

Billie was the only one surprised about the performance of Strawberry. Trè and Mike talked with Sydney about it, but not Billie. He couldn't help, but admire how good it was. The stage was empty where they were supposed to perform. Only drums.

"Oh, are they scarred to come out?"

"Shut up and watch!" Trè said in an excited voice. Billie rolled his eyes and looked back at the stage. The guitar began playing and Sydney's voice was heard in the dark, singing softly, yet quiet nervous.


Don't wanna be a woman
To dress me up in furs
Dont wanna be a woman
That looks at you and purrs
Aint no doctor for this sickness?


A beam of light fell onto the stage and there they were, guys looking like always, but girls....

Sydney was wearing a short miniskirt and a tartan corset, her hair combed into two messy ponytails. Allison had shorts and little white top and her hair all messy. Both girls had an intense, dark make up.


What I need is more, not less
Going over the edge

What I want is what I want is
Call me honey, got me sugar

Babydoll, get the door slammed right in your face
Babydoll, don't wanna marry I just wanna love you
Babydoll, gotta be me gotta be free, yeh
Babydoll, you're not playing me its me thats playing you

Don't wanna be a woman
Just to get my bread and butter
Don't wanna be a woman
Little wifie loving mother
Don't wanna be the one to stay
The one you leave at home
When you go out to play

What I want is what I want is
Call me honey, get me sugar

Babydoll, hear me say right in your face
Babydoll, don't wanna marry I just wanna love you
Babydoll, gotta be me gotta be free, yeh
Babydoll, you're not screwing me its me thats screwing you

"Pretty, isn't she?" Trè said, with a huge smile on his face.

"Yes, she is...” Billie said in a daze like state.

"Whoa. He just admitted that!" Mike laughed. "It's cool how in some parts they sing together. Good song."

But Billie ignored that. He was too busy watching her every step and how happy she looked, all eyes were on this band. Her band.

Allison broke into the solo and Sydney danced around with her on stage, while Matt was near the edge of the stage with someone's camera taking photos.
After the solo, Billie had the feeling she looked straight at him singing so softly the verse and then along with Allison breaking into the chorus.


What I want is what I want is

Babydoll, get the door slammed right in your face
Babydoll, don't wanna marry I just wanna love you
Babydoll, gotta be me gotta be free, yeh
Babydoll, you're not playing me its me thats playing you!!

Babydoll, get the door slammed right in your face
Babydoll, don't wanna marry I just wanna love you
Babydoll, gotta be me gotta be free, yeh
Babydoll...

The music started to fade and Sydney glanced at him quite longer, with a smirk.

You're not screwing me it’s me that’s screwing you

They disappeared quickly as the crowd was cheering.

"That was... wow." Mike said.

"I told you they rock!" Trè grinned.

"BJ... how did you like it?"

"Huh?" he looked at Trè. Both his friends exchanged glances and laughed at him.

"I regret I don't have a camera now! It's so... priceless!" Mike put a hand on his shoulder.

"Shut up, idiots." he muttered, looking away from them quickly.

All the celebrities were already on different parties. Matt and Allison disappeared together in the crowd as well as Dave, who noticed someone he worshipped.

Sydney was left all alone drinking her second beer that night, sitting by the bar. She wasn't exactly in the mood to party. She was too tired for this and the idea of sleeping on the bus again wasn't a good one. She couldn't fall asleep there most of the time. When a certain green-eyed guitarist sat next to her, she didn't say a word or let him know she knew he was there. She simply ignored his existence. He probably had something to say about the performance. Like always.

"Hey, doll. All alone in here, huh?"

"Am not. I've got this." she raised the glass a little.

"So, where's Dave or Matt?" Billie looked around with a smirk on his face.

"Does it matter?"

"No, not at all." she glanced at him when she felt his arm around hers. She took a sip from her glass, still looking at him.

"What?"

"Nothing." she said shrugging off his arm. He smiled, turning away from her, looking for someone.

"I hope there’re no groupies around this time.” she smirked.

"Last time I walked out with you towards the tour bus I thought that this one girl would really kill me."

"I thought so too."

"Oh, you don't sound too happy. Tell me the truth." she faced him. "You're jealous and she was there to assassinate me."

"Jealous about what?" he raised his eyebrows, confused about what he heard. "I wouldn't follow you if you didn't start that stupid argument."

"Because you're pissing me off!" she spat. "Does it bring you some weird satisfaction or what?" he slowly nodded his head as the smile crept onto his face again.

"I hate when you make fun of me on every step or treat me like someone who’s worse than you!"

"I don't!" he protested.

"Yes, you do." she said through gritted teeth. "I don't care what you do as long as you stay away from me!"

Billie laughed and looked at Sydney amused.

"What can I say..? It's you who’s nervous where I'm around. When Mike or Trè make some silly jokes about you you're friendlier.."

"What a shame...” she sighed. "I’ve never promised to be on friendly terms with you, right? Still I don't understand some things and you're confusing me. I hate this." she glared at him "I'd like to forget and because you're everywhere it's harder. Everyone's asking about the past like it's some kind of good story to sell. I'm sick of it. I want to get out."

"Write a song? Go to a therapy. That will help you." he snickered.

"Asshole." she got up and walked away. Billie quickly got to his feet and followed her through the crowd. When he caught up with her, he caught her arm and she spun around.

"What do you want!" she exclaimed in a bitter tone.

"Why are you like this? I thought we were on friendly terms. In Oakl-"

"You were wrong." she said in venomous voice. "Go back to your little perfect world. Seriously, I got no idea what's so cool in making a fool out of anyone...”

Billie looked at her with serious expression. Every time they saw each other he did make a joke that was not funny, but could hurt her and he well knew about it. Press was always there spying on them and whenever they could, they made some more mess. Staying away from her meant some peace and rest, but somehow it wasn't so easy to do so.

"No. Listen, I heard something that you might don't like. I guess it's only you by know, who doesn't know." she rolled her eyes.

"Oh, you're getting married again? Poor you."

"We're going on tour together."

"You and your future wife? Congratulations.” Billie hit his forehead and chuckled.

"Allison or you?" Sydney's eyes went wide and she blushed slightly. "You're going with your band on tour with us."
Billie started heading somewhere as she stood there frozen, re-playing what he just said.

Tour with Billie? Tour? Can't be! Go after him! Go. Go. Go.

She soon realized it was stupid to follow him.

Maybe he did it on purpose? Another silly joke?

But she found him after a while...

"Billie!" he ignored her and she sighed frustrated. "Armstrong, you asshole! Stop now!"

"I don't really want to...” he screamed over the music in a sing song voice. Sydney went faster and stopped next to some doors with Billie.

"How the hell it's possible that w-"

"Can't you wait?"

"No." he sighed and opened the doors, walking in. Sydney followed him blindly and then hastily walked out, almost tripping over her feet. She looked at the sign on the doors.

Guys restroom. Awesome. I hate him!she thought walking away as fast as possible, to find someone, who'd tell her why the hell it had to be Billie to tell her something like that.

Tour=suicide
♠ ♠ ♠
Song 'Babydoll' by Exilia