Sequel: Radiate
Status: Finished // Currently edditing/correcting the mistakes.

As I Follow This Little Lies

Brittany

The tour with Green Day was quite fun. Being with Billie in the same room might be like hell. Sydney tried comparing this both situations many times and came to the conclusions that nothing worse can meet her anytime soon. Is there anything she could fear than spending so much time with her ex? She was confused. She had mixed feelings towards him. Somewhere in the dark corner of her broken heart her love towards him was buried. What Billie felt was a mystery to everyone. He didn't confess anything in the end. But did he have to?

Green Day sat by one table fooling around, while Strawberry Acid sat silently near a second one, feeling tired and bored. Fans were waiting to be let in through the door and get the autographs and photos with bands. When they were finally let in, one by one, the room started to fill with excitement, conversations like "I can't believe it's them!"

After one hour it was getting a little boring, doing the same thing over and over again, hearing new names, how awesome everyone was or how some of them swore they were the biggest fans. Whenever Matt had the chance, he was starting a random conversation with Allison. Dave was painting and Sydney acted like a hyper Barbie girl from time to time.

"Sydney, it's so cool to meet you!" a girl smiled shyly.

"Nice to meet you too." Sydney smiled back.

"I heard you and Billie were a couple!" she squealed. Sydney rolled her eyes. Oh really? Now everyone know about it? Oh my gosh! "How is it? Cool?"

"Huh?" the girl winked at Sydney.

"Oh, you know..." she glanced at Billie, with a dumb expression on her face, not really knowing what to say. Billie looked at her confused and she looked away quickly. "You may ask him?" the girl rolled her eyes and went to Dave, without saying anything else.

Sydney sighed and put her head on the table, while someone tried to make a conversation with Mike and everyone waited for that person to move. A paper ball hit Sydney's head. She picked her head up and looked at the piece of paper. She unfolded it and noticed Trè's handwriting.

Like, oh my gosh! Do you still make out with Billie backstage?! Oh my gosh! You're so, like, lucky!

She laughed out loud and handed it to Dave, while looking at Trè, who was making some weird faces at her. She couldn't stop laughing. Meanwhile, Dave started painting something on the piece of paper and threw it to Trè, missing. It hit Billie straight into his head. He picked it up and when he saw what was there, his eyebrow went up and a sly smirk appeared on his face. He got up, ignoring the person that just walked up to him and went towards Sydney. Billie didn't notice or just pretended he didn't, but all eyes were on him. Sydney was signing a CD, when she felt a tap on her arm. She looked up surprised.

"I believe it belongs to you." Billie said as she looked at him now confused. She took the paper and her eyes went wide when she saw a caricature of herself in Billie's arms, making out, with hearts all around them.

"I doubt it." she threw it back at him.

"I'm really sorry,sweetheart." he whispered into her ear. "Better get over me..."

He was about to go back to his chair when she eyed him for a second with a smirk on her face and stood up.

"I did. Sorry to crash your dreams... It's not like I even care what you... dream about, sweetie."

"I got over the day I told you it was over, love."

"I can still remember that look at the bookstore...” she muttered. "It was.." she shook her head as he raised his eyebrow.

"What's that?"

It looked like the two of them were aware only of each other, no one else. The room was silent and their friends and fans stared at them with interest and curiosity.

"Prove it." she said in a challenging voice, not breaking the eye contact with Billie.

"Fine." he put on his cocky smirk and pulled into his arms a random girl passing by, which happened to work there as the staff. He kissed her passionately and Sydney rolled her eyes, ready to go back to signing CDs. Just before she looked away the girl pulled away and slapped Billie hard across his cheek.

"I've got a fiancé, you jerk!"

Sydney burst into hysteric laughter as Billie looked quite hilarious, with the red cheek and dumb, shocked expression on his face as he seemed not to know what happened.

"Oh...Poor baby... Let me see this." she said in a mocking voice, but he turned on his heel and returned to his table. Smirking, Sydney sat down and turned her attention to the girl, who stood in front of her, with her jaw agape and wide eyes.

It was almost the end when to the room walked someone... unexpected.

"Billie!"

"Brittany!" he exclaimed and got up to hug her. "Long time no see!"

"Oh, you know. I was here and there..." she shrugged smiling at him sweetly.

"Hey, why don't you wait for us, huh?"

"Yea, sure." she waved at Mike and Trè made a gagging face. Sydney noticed this and chuckled.

"Syd!" Brittany exclaimed, faking a shocked expression. With her perfect fake smile she walked up to her and eyed her closely. "So, seems like you're a single again?" Sydney gasped.

"Omigosh! How could you know that?! It's, like, a secret!" Matt snickered at Sydney, who seemed to handle her anger pretty well at the moment like that. In the end, Sydney loathed Brittany.

"Newspapers, TV. It's pretty interesting."

"But, like, you know. I'm already taken. It's like, obvious." Brittany smirked, millions ways of getting Billie all to herself running through her head.

"Hey! Why aren’t we friends? We're so much alike!" she leaned to whisper into Sydney's ear. "And this time, he's mine." Sydney faked a smile, taking that as a challenge, she couldn't ignore.

"Suuure! Take him!" she squealed, making Billie look at her with a frown. "But, you know, he's like... broken. He doesn't work properly, so... I'm sorry for you. Really. From the darkest corner of my heart... I'm very, very, very, very sorry for you."

Brittany smiled sweetly, throwing a quick glance at Billie, who was staring at Sydney, with raised eyebrow. He looked away when he noticed the way Brittany looked at him. He didn't want to hear what she'd have to tell him... even if he knew she wasn't the person to tell him what he did wrong and what not.

"Who’s the lucky man, my friend?" Allison glared at Brittany and looked at Matt with a 'do something' glance.

"I AM!" Trè jumped to his feet with a huge grin on his face, taking a pose of super hero.

"You?" Brittany laughed out loud. "Damn. Now that's even scary." Sydney crossed her arms and looked at Brittany with an offended look on her face.

"But Frankie's a sweet, cute-"

"No! It's over! I can't take this anymore" he crossed his arms.

"Fine. Mikey? I know you're taken, but... I need a boyfriend and... it's show business, so.." she smiled at him and winked.

"Whoa. You're a Green Day groupie or what?"

"Seems like it." she shrugged. "Oh, I forgot. I think, like-"

"Just make sure you won't bother Billie-sweetie this time." Dave tried not to laugh, seeing Billie becoming slightly angry.
Who'd like to hear all those weird pet names and all that 'stay away from him', like he was someone's property?

"Like I would." Sydney rolled her eyes. "Oh, and I don't really want to be friends with you, so, like... go?"

"You're making a huge mistake, again." Brittany growled.

"Good riddance, bon voyage!" Sydney replied smiling sweetly. "Go. You're wasting my time and you know, people would like to get photos and stuff." Brittany's face was red and her eyes were blaring with fury as she turned on her heels and walked towards Billie's chair.

"You're mean." Dave said with a sigh.

"But you love me."

"Only when you're drunk, Syd."

"Hey, sis. Do you realize that this stuff will be tomorrow in the newspapers?" Matt pointed at the reporter and some photographers.

"Like I still care.” she shrugged and signed yet another CD.

***
"So, tell me, what are you doing here?" Billie asked, taking a sip from his beer. Brittany sat even closer and stared into his eyes.

"Visiting you. I missed you. A lot." Billie cleared his throat and looked away, smiling a little. "How come you're touring with her?"

Billie followed Brittany's gaze. Sydney was drinking another beer and laughing with Allison, Dave and Trè at something. Brittany made leave Mike and Trè and Billie wished she'd disappear.

"What do you mean?"

"She sucks at singing. She's not some pretty girl for a cover of music magazines."

"Think what you want, but I like some of their stuff." Billie looked at Brittany, with bored expression. "You wanted to be her friend?"

"No, not really." Brittany laughed, taking Billie's hand in hers. "But we... we should be something more than friends, don't you think so?"

Billie raised his eyebrows. He didn't know what to say. For sure, Brittany wouldn't leave him alone.

"We know each other so good..." she suddenly sat on his knees and looked towards Sydney, when Billie didn't protest. Too bad Sydney noticed this and she stared in shock at Billie. When he noticed that glance, he looked at Brittany and back at Sydney, who was walking away, towards the exit.

"Billie?" Brittany put a finger under his chin and slowly turned his head to face her. "Can I stay for two shows at least? You don't mind, right?"

"S-sure. Stay as long as you wish." he said resigned.

"Awesome!" she exclaimed, wrapping her arms around his neck. "You won't regret this!"