Sequel: Radiate
Status: Finished // Currently edditing/correcting the mistakes.

As I Follow This Little Lies

Alone

In the middle of the day both busses stopped on a gas station. Taking the opportunity, Sydney exited the bus without telling anyone.

Matt and Allison were asleep and Dave was playing Playstation, he wouldn't even pay attention to Sydney. She went straight to the shop to get something cold to drink; even it was chilly inside of the bus. Once she was inside she grabbed Sprite and some chips to eat. When she went to pay, something caught her eye. She reached for a pack of cigarettes, the same ones she hated so much. While she was looking for her wallet, someone handed the cashier the money and before Sydney could thank or take her stuff, that person took the cigarettes.

"Since when do you smoke?" Billie's voice sounded from behind her. She spun around, staring at him wide eyed, from behind her glasses.

"Since when do you care?" she asked angrily. "If you want to know... since now." she added quickly.

"I'm taking this." he waved with the pack in front of her face and hid it in his back pocket. Sydney took her chips and Sprite, mumbling something about 'evil rock stars'. "Won't you thank me?"

"No." she said as she headed towards the bathrooms in the back of the shop. Billie followed. When Sydney looked over her arm at him, she rolled her eyes and stopped.

"What the hell do you want!" she asked in a whiny voice. Billie stopped as well and narrowed his eyes slightly.

"Why did you do that?"

"Do what." she spat.

"Beat up Brittany."

"If you didn't notice, she's not the only one with bruises here."

"I don't know what it was all about, but next time stay away from her."

"I'm very scared Armstrong. Savior of the bitches."

"Don't call her that." Billie said through the gritted teeth, stepping towards her.

"Cause what!" Sydney crossed her arms. "You're blind."

"You act like some jealous bitch!" he said shaking his head.

"Seriously, Armstrong, you're such an asshole. I don't know why I even married you back then. You're not even a hot guy. You'd probably be alone if not your band. Guy from a fifth sale." his face reddened and he glared at her speechless. She bit her lip, feeling guilt overcoming her.
Suddenly he pushed her against the wall and held firmly by her arms. She didn't fight him. Sydney was more shocked than scared. She dropped her chips and Sprite, looking away from hers ex's gaze. She could feel his hot breath on her neck, he stood so close. She turned her face slowly to look at him. Still glaring.
"W-what a-are you-"

"What was it all about? This stupid fight?"

"Not your problem." Sydney replied looking away from him again.

"Yes, it is." Billie said slowly, eyeing her. "Won't you tell me?" She shook her head and with all her strength she pushed him away when he held her less tight.

"You'd never understand." she said in a soft, silent voice, looking at the ground. She was about to walk away when he grabbed her arm.

"Don't touch me!" she spat on the verge of tears.

"But, Sydney...”

"Why can't you leave me alone? Why are you still torturing me?!"

"I-I am not." he came closer to her, placing other hand on her arm. "What the hell is going on with you?"

"Leave me the fuck alone!" she exclaimed as tears fell down from behind her sunglasses.

"S-Sydney? Why the hell are you crying? What's wrong?"

"J-just le-leave me a-alone." she choked out.

"No."

"Leave or I'm going to-"

"Ah... not crying anymore, sweety?" Billie grinned. "What you going to do, Sydney?" he asked as she trembled with anger boiling in her once again.

He took of her glasses to see her hazel eyes. Tears were still going down her face as she stared slightly confused into his emerald ones. He felt even more concerned about her now than before, when he saw her fighting with Brittany. He did care about her, but was afraid to show it. His hand, just like it was living it's own life, went up to her face and caressed her cheek gently.

"Leave me alone or-"

"Or what?"

"I'll-I think I'll h-kiss you." she whispered. She slowly bent towards him and kissed him softly. His arm wrapped around her waist tight as if she was about to disappear any second. Nothing else mattered at that moment. Billie didn't care if someone would see them or not. It felt just right.

Sydney pulled away suddenly, realizing that shouldn't have happened. With shaky hands and cheeks burning furiously, she picked up her Sprite and chips and stormed out the shop. Billie stood there alone, frozen, not really realizing she left him there. Reluctantly he went towards the exit of the shop, bumping into her.

"S-sorry." he muttered.

"Billie?"

"Hm?" he looked at her dazed, quite distracted by the kiss.

"Where are our busses?"

"Huh?" he raised his eyebrows and looked around amused. "Probably in the back." he walked behind the building, leaving Sydney alone. He returned a minute later with a slightly puzzled look on his face, like a little kid lost in the zoo.

"What?" Sydney asked.

"You're stuck with me... in this... middle of nowhere."

"W-what?" she stared at him disbelievingly, her face becoming pale. "Wait! N-no way! I'm not staying anywhere with you!" her jaw dropped as she kept on staring at him. He smirked slyly, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"Now, my lovely, little Sydney... we have to built a hut in the forest, learn how to hunt and raise our pretty kids! You'll be little wifie, loving mother!" he put an arm around her shoulders, pulling her close to himself, moving his hand in the air as if he was painting a picture of their future in front of them. "You and I will start a brand new life in this middle of nowhere! We'll live a peaceful, full of love life!" She pushed him away, looking at him like he was crazy.

"Don't do or say anything like that ever again. Don't quote my songs." Billie chuckled, but then became serious.

"What are we going to do now?"

"I'm sure of one thing. No kids. No huts and anything like that." Billie scoffed at her as she looked around quite worried.

"Billie?"

"Yup?"

"I'm...scared." his eyebrows went up as she bit her lip and hid her hands in the sleeves of her hoodie. She kept on looking at him from the corners of her eyes. He was for sure amused.

"Sydney, you know, it's really funny how your moods changing. Are you pregnant? No. Wait. I know! PMS. God, what did I do to be around her right now!" she groaned and pulled him by the arm.

"Come on, we need to get to the nearest city."

"I thought you were scared?"

"Being with you alone? Yes. Being alone in the middle of nowhere. Hell yes." she sighed. "I'm going to kill whoever did this."

"You're so talkative suddenly..." Billie smirked.

"Am I talking to you?" she hissed, narrowing her eyes.

"Probably. Could you let go of my hand now? I'd like to be able to play Blue on the next concert..." she looked down and realized she was holding his hand a little too tight. She blushed and chuckled softly.

"Um... so where do we go now?" she asked looking at the highway, which had no end and Billie Joe, who seemed not so enthusiastic about this entire trip.