Sequel: Radiate
Status: Finished // Currently edditing/correcting the mistakes.

As I Follow This Little Lies

Highway To Hell!

The chilly afternoon wasn't anything bad compared to being left in a foreign country with almost no cash, documents and no phone numbers to anyone. The only thing that was left for both ex lovers, beside the not so nice company, was heading to the nearest city. And it wasn't any closer....

They were walking another hour, feeling a little tired and resigned after a couple of attempts of catching a stop, but failing. Cars were passing them by with a huge speed.

Highway...

"Damn, we don't have anything to eat." Billie grumbled.

"You'd only eat." Sydney sighed. "You never do anything useful. Maybe that's why we didn't work it out?"

"Sure. It's my fault. You never called or sent a letter when you’ve left. It's also my fault." he said in a sarcastic voice.

"I didn't have a phone." she glared at him. "Forget it."

Billie glared at the ground and shook his head in attempt of stopping the thoughts about him and Sydney.

"Why did you want Brittany to stay here?" he looked up at her surprised. "I-I mean... I know she was your friend, but...she changed so much it's scary."

"Same question... why don't you have a boyfriend?"

"Having a break." she said in a sing song voice with a little smile playing across her face. "Male's are assholes and psychos."

"I guess you're referring to Harry or whatever his name was." she stopped at once at the mention of the name. She eyed him angrily.

"But at least he told me the truth. Seems like he wasn't so wrong about you." Billie smirked.

"Just like you." he shrugged. "Anyway, I don't really care anymore."

Sydney frowned, but started walking once again. It was leading to another fight. "If you knew me as much as you think you do, you'd probably notice something."

"Like what?" she asked curious. "Oh, wait! I haven't seen you hitting on your fans... Oh! That's right! But that only means you're going out with... EW!" she put a hand over her mouth. She took her Sprite bottle and drank the rest, spitting it onto the ground, with a disgusted look on her face.

"What the hell are you doing?" Billie looked at her with raised eyebrows.

"You kissed me! Ew! I'll have to burn my mouth! No! I'll have to throw myself into the fire!"

"You kissed me." he pointed out. "I-I think I'll kiss you!" he mocked her pursing his lips at her. He didn't expect she'd slap him...

"If you want to survive forget that ever happened." Sydney grimaced and threw a sideways glance at Billie, who was massaging his cheek. "Idiot."

"What!" he let out an exasperated gasp.

"You should have told me you... and Brittany! EW!"

"We didn't! I-I mean...we don't... What the hell are you thinking?!" he exclaimed. "I don't like her that way!"

"That wouldn't stop you from getting into her pants."

"Are you jealous?"

"Not really. Disgusted--hell yes." Billie rolled his eyes and started walking again. Sydney followed reluctantly, but feeling better knowing they're not together. He didn't mean anything about him and other girl. He rather meant that all he did to her or said it was more to get her attention.

They both walked in silence, both of them lost in their own thoughts. Billie had a small smile on his face, while Sydney stared at the ground with that frown on her face that was cute in Billie's opinion. He couldn't help, but notice how comfortable he felt around her, he never felt like this with any other girl he met since they divorced; he missed feeling this weird happiness haunting him. This feeling he thought got lost somewhere along with all the fights and disagreements they had. Suddenly it was back and Billie didn't know if he liked it or not. He couldn't sleep at night not only because of his insomnia, but also because he was thinking about her too much.
He cast a glance at her and grinned. He put an arm around Sydney's shoulder and pretended he didn't look at her. She seemed to ignore him. His arm slid down to her waist and then finally rested on her hips.
"Are you done with molesting me, hm?" Sydney asked in a tired voice.

"Actually, no." Billie replied.

"I thought so." she yawned "Don't you have a phone number to anyone? Rob, Brandon, bus driver..."

"Nope" he shook his head. "But you should have a number to Brandon. He's your bands manager."

"But I don't need a phone number to some middle aged guy."

"Okay. How much cash do you have?" Billie asked resigned.

"20, you?"

"50" he smirked. "So, seems like we can get a room somewhere, huh?"

"In your dreams." she yawned.

"I meant that we can get a room to sleep before next days trip to... somewhere."

"Oh, right. I'm taking the bed."

"There's no motel or anything in sight and you're already deciding where you'll be sleeping?"

"Carry me?"

"No."

"But you're already... kind of hugging me. That makes me even more sleep, so...”

"Hell no." she pouted at him.

"And if I shut up and never ever again beat up your ugly girlfriend?"

"Yeah, you shouldn't you got horrible bruises now." she raised her eyebrows at him and stopped. "What?"

"Whatever, we should try get a ride." Billie rolled his eyes.

"We tried it billion times."

"Another won't kill you."

***
"Where's Sydney?" asked Allison rubbing her eyes. It was slowly getting dark outside. Dave looked at her bored and shrugged.

"She's with guys on the bus."

"Sydney?" Matt snickered. "Her and Billie on the same bus? Not happening!"

"So where do you think she can be now?" Dave asked smirking.

***
"We have to stop!" Brittany exclaimed frustrated. "Billie-"

"Is on the bus of Strawberry Acid." Mike replied.

"Having fun with Sydney." Trè wiggled his eyebrows.

"Frank!" Brittany exclaimed. "Stop the bus now!"

"Can't do that." Trè said in a sing song voice, enjoying the fact that Brittany was going crazy all over Billie and Sydney hanging out together on her bus.

"We're stopping now." she growled, heading to the bus driver.

"Maybe she'll finally shut up?" Mike sighed. "I'm sick of her."
Trè gasped, covering his mouth.
"Oh my gosh! Mikey!" he exclaimed in a high pitched girly voice. "You can't, like, talk about people like that! She's your sweet cousin!"

"Trè. Shut the hell up. I can't stand this!" Mike covered his ears.

"I wonder what she'll do to BJ. Big trouble!" Trè grinned "That's gonna be awesome!"

The bus slowed down and turned to the gas station. Brittany stormed off the bus once it stopped and walked towards the other tour bus. The apocalypse was coming...