Sequel: Radiate
Status: Finished // Currently edditing/correcting the mistakes.

As I Follow This Little Lies

Saved?

"Where the fuck is Billie?!" Brittany walked in furious, with the look in her eyes that told everyone to get out of her way.

"I thought he's with you, guys? And Sydney too..." Brittany stared wide eyed at Allison.

"They... he's not here?"

"They're not on Green Day's bus?" Allison's jaw dropped and she sat down on a nearby chair.

"No... I wouldn't even let her in!" Brittany exclaimed.

"You don't really decide, who can and who can't get in." Dave chimed in. Brittany glared at everyone on the bus and huffed crossing her arms.

"You'd better-"

"They did it! They finally ran away!" Trè suddenly jumped into the bus. "Aw! They'll get married and-"

"Shut. Up." Brittany growled.

Matt sighed and rubbed his eyes.

"Did we stop earlier?" he asked tiredly. Dave's eyes went wide in realization.

"Uh... yes, but I thought she went to see Trè..."

"Frank." Brittany said through gritted teeth. "You said Billie went to see Dave and now he's alone with Sydney somewhere!"

"You're overreacting." Allison sniggered.

"I want my Billie-Willie back!"

"But... he did say he wanted something from Dave.” Trè said scratching his neck. "He did."

***

"Let's face it...they left us and probably don't know that." Sydney sighed as they were walking very slowly. "We don't even know where we are."

"So what?" Billie sighed. "At least we're not that bored.. I'll fall asleep today.”

"Ha! Lie yourself still. I'd rather fall from stage then walk now."

"Should I carry you?" Billie smirked.

"I'm too heavy for you to carry me."

"You think so?" Sydney smiled at Billie.

"You're so skinny I'm afraid you'll break in a half."

"Sydney, you've got a problem." she glared at him and shook her head 'no', but then deep inside she knew she felt somehow depressed for weeks. No matter what she did, she was pretending she was okay.

It was getting dark and there was no place to sleep in sight. No buildings. It was chilly and Billie and Sydney didn't have anything warm with them. Billie and Sydney agreed on no arguing and being friends even if that was for a short while.
As they walked in silence, lost in their own worlds, suddenly Billie laughed relived and caught Sydney's wrist and he started running, with Sydney almost tripping over her feet.

"Billie! Slow down!" she exclaimed, but he ignored her. Sydney looked ahead and she realized why he didn't want to stop. A car was parked on the side of the road and silhouette of people were seen in the distance.

Out of their breathes, they slowed down nearby the car and frustrated teenagers, who seemed to try to change wheel in the car. They spotted Billie and Sydney and fell silent.

"I'm seeing things, guys." a red haired girl sighed.

"Hey, could you give us a ride to the nea-" girls shrieked once hearing his voice and Sydney hid behind Billie, looking wide eyed at them. She held onto his hand like there was no tomorrow.

"Fan girls!" Sydney whimpered as the girls exclaimed how pretty his eyes were, how his band was the best in the world, how he could change their lives with the guitar blasting Dookie's best songs and so on.

"It's fine, Syd." Billie smirked, eyeing two teenagers. Both girls frowned and looked straight at Sydney with looks on their faces that told that Sydney was the last person on the earth they'd like to see.

"You... said Syd? Sydney as from Strawberry somethin'? Damn, she looks like her...”

"So what? I like Strawberry somethin'. Do you have a problem with that?" he titled his had to the side, talking to them in offensive voice.

"God, no." the black haired girl replied frustrated. "I'm Mel. The red haired is Jess and the blonde one, repairing the car, is Kris." she added pointing at her friends. "What the hell are you doing in here?"

"We ditched the tour, our friends and even Blue and kitty just to go sight seeing Europe on foot."

"What about the concert? I paid for it!" Jess asked crossing her arms.

"We don't even know where it is." Sydney said in a quiet voice from behind Billie.

"What exactly are you doing here? Holding hands?" Mel smirked looking from their hands, to Billie's face.

"N-nothing!" Sydney exclaimed trying to withdraw her hand, but Billie pulled her in front of him and wrapped his arms from behind, around her. She couldn't look more annoyed. Girls giggled and smiled at Sydney.

"You don't sound like the girl on stage and it doesn't look as if you divorced."

"Oh, we did!" Billie said cheerfully. "Now she'll tell you I'm molestating her, but she can't deny that I'm the prettiest
thing that happened to her and she still wishes that this tour would last forever or our band mates wouldn't find us."

"No, not really." Sydney said, rolling her eyes. "Our bands ditched us on the gas station. We've been walking since then."

"Goddamn it! Quit talking, guys!" a girl named Kris looked angrily at everyone, while trying to change a wheel. No wonder she didn't take part in the conversation. "Maybe somebody will help me actually? Or maybe you don't wanna be on that awesome concert and stay here forever?"

"Oh well, we're not going to see it anyway. Billie's here so... Mike and Trè won't play without him. I guess."

"I wanted to see Strawberry Acid." Kris said

"Sydney's here too." Mel added laughing. "If you weren't so busy under that car you'd see for yourself."

Kris got up and her eyes widened.

"I'll repair it in no time." Billie said and rushed over to the car, putting a new wheel in a short time, leaving four girls staring at him wide eyed.

"Can we go now?" he grinned.

"We're taking you two with us!" Kris exclaimed.

"That's what I expected." Billie saluted and winked at Sydney. All five of them got inside. Kris and Mel in the front and Sydney, Billie and Jess in the back of the car.

The car ride was filled with laughter, conversations and good punk rock music. The three girls turned out to be very friendly and didn't act overly obsessed.

Sydney drifted off to sleep as soon as they were in the warm car, using Billie's arm as a pillow. She had her arms wrapped around his arm, but he didn't mind that at all. It was dark outside. Billie refused to sleep and wanted to get to know the girls.

"Guys! Look at that cool tour busses!" Mel exclaimed pointing at the opposite side of the road. Sydney opened her eyes and looked around confused, mumbling something incoherent.

"That looked like the ones of-"

"Follow them!" Billie screamed looking back at the busses that disappeared in the darkness.

"But that's the opposite direction!" Kris looked at Billie with raised eyebrows.

"Do so, Mel!"

The next exit Mel got of the highway and soon they were driving the opposite direction to their destination. With a high speed they caught up with the Green Day's tour bus. Jess chuckled and looked at the tour bus with wide eyes.

"That's so awesome! I can't believe it..." Jess gripped Billie's shoulder. "How are you going to stop them?"

"With my minds will!" Billie smirked. "Mel, outturn them and we'll... do something.”

"If you want to stop right in front of speeding tour bus forget it, BJ." Kris laughed.

"I wonder when they figured out we're not with them." Sydney sighed. "I guess I know who made them search for us."
Billie looked at Sydney horrified.

"No! I'm staying with Mel, Kris and Jess! I'm not going back!"

"Why?" Mel asked.

"His Barbie girl will lecture him on running away with me and he can't even speak with me."

"I didn't even want to!"

"Didn't?" Kris laughed. "You'd make such a cool couple."

"No. That was the worst thing that happened!" Sydney laughed. Billie poked her on the arm and looked at her a little hurt.

"It was?" he stared at her as she didn't reply.

"Um, guys, I know you might still like each other very, very, very much, but we have to stop that bus, aye?" Jess said in a cheerful voice.

They looked back at the bus and started waving their arms and Mel was blinking with the lights of the car.
The bus driver was looking at the car with his eyes squinted and when he realized he saw Billie in the car he decided to get out of the highway with the next exit. And so did Mel.
They stopped on some abandoned parking lot, where everyone could stop and eat something during the long car ride.

When the car was parked, Sydney and Billie got out first, teeth chattering in the cold as they left the warm car, heading to their friends.

"Ready for the yelling?" Billie chuckled, putting his hand on Sydney's shoulder and looking into her eyes.

"Better try turning her attention to yourself before she takes the shotgun and fires at me, okay?" Billie chuckled and nodded his head, still with his hand gripping her shoulder. "And better go at least 10 meters away from me. The devil herself is already killing me with her gaze."

"Damn. So, before that happens... Friends?" he stuck his hand in front of hers. "Take it as... we just met." Sydney shook her head smiling.

"Fine." she took his hand. "I'm Sydney."

"Billie." they smiled at each other for a while, when Brittany ran up to them and pushed Sydney away.

"What the fuck? What was it? Are you out of your mind?" she questioned Billie, sending daggers into his eyes.

"Me?"

"Yes, you, mister!" she yelled, making people wince at the sudden outburst. Billie reminded emotionless looking at her.

"I'm not your toy."

"Of course you're not, but-"

"So don't try to control me and think you can make me do things I don't want."

"But-"

"The end of the story." Brittany huffed and walked away with clenched fists.

"Go Billie!" Mel yelled and girls jumped up and down cheering.

Allison, Mike, Matt, Dave and Trè walked over to Billie and Sydney. Sydney motioned to the girls to come over and they did so with shy smiles on their faces.

"This is Mel, Jess and Kris. They saved us." Sydney pointed at each of the girls. "And I hope you know everyone."
They nodded their heads eagerly with huge smiles on their faces.