Sequel: Radiate
Status: Finished // Currently edditing/correcting the mistakes.

As I Follow This Little Lies

Sleepless Night's

It was 3:27 am. The streets of Munich full of drunk people heading to another pub or home. Sydney passed them by, casually walking past the streets further away from the hotel, where everyone else were probably passed out by now. It was another sleepless night. When she reached the hotel room after Billie waited with her for the cab, she couldn't fall asleep. She was wide awake. There was again too much on her mind.

City by night looked so nice and she finally could feel relaxed. She had some time alone to think. Finally. She turned into an empty street, the longer she walked, more often she thought about heading back. She couldn't help, but with wide eyes stare at the girls, wearing skinny clothes, covering not much of their bodies, standing on one of the streets, probably waiting for their clients. She shuddered at the thought of being in their shoes. She walked backwards for a while, looking at the blocks, biting her lip.
Turning around, she walked into someone, a guy, who just turned the corner. She gripped his shirt and before she could fall, his arms steadied her on the ground. With fear in her eyes, she looked up into a familiar pair of green eyes.

"Sydney?" he grinned "What such a nice girl is doing in a place like this?"

"Oh, you know, business stuff..." she said in a innocent voice, her heart pounding in her chest like it was about to jump out.

"Business you say.." he smirked.

"What about you, Mr. Rock Star? What such a cute guy is doing in a place like this?"
she poked his cheek and let go of his shirt, taking a step back. Billie shrugged his shoulders.

"Business." he let his eyes wander up and down her body.

"No clients so far, huh?"Sydney nodded her head slowly, with a pout on her face. "You know, you can always give me half of your clothes a-"

"Nuh-uh!" she crossed her arms "First cash."

"Damn..." Billie sighed dramatically. He took out his wallet from his back pocket and looked inside. Sydney raised her eyebrow, but tried to keep a straight face. "How much?" Sydney thought for a while. Billie stared at her closely.

"How about-"

"Maybe you'll give me some reduce of price?"

"In your dreams, sweetie." he blew her a kiss. She slowly walked up to him and winked, keeping the eye contact. She took his wallet and took out a 100$.

"Only this?" Billie raised his eyebrows. She handed him the dollar bill and put his wallet into her pocket.

"All yours." Billie clapped his hands and threw her over his shoulder. Sydney let out a scream and laughed a little when he started walking in the direction she just came from.
"Billie! Put me down!" she laughed. "Now!"

"Why?" he asked "You took all my cash!" he chuckled and stopped, putting her down. "When did you change your profession?" he asked with his arm draped around her shoulder.

"Mommy told me I'd be good." she replied in a sweet tone. Billie chuckled.

"What did you drink? I want that too!" she winked and looked at the road ahead.

"Still I paid, so I'll do whatever I want..." he wiggled his eyebrows

"In your dreams, Billie." she laughed, returning him the wallet. "Anyway, I didn't expect you here."

"Couldn't sleep."

"Likewise." Billie pulled her closer to himself and sighed.

Sydney glanced at him as they walked.
She couldn't stop smiling as she saw him so happy. The silence was peaceful and they didn't feel like talking. That was rare to them as Sydney was always stressed and took everything he said seriously. She didn't expect him there. Not even after this incident in the bar and her not even saying a simple 'thank you' to him. She didn't know why she could suddenly act like this around Billie. It was this kind of feeling like they were getting to know each other, just like they were still a happy couple having fun, not caring about anything.

"You know, we're finally getting along." he glanced at her with a smile.

"Oh, well. Just don't try suffocating me again and it'll go well. Thanks for your help earlier."

"It was beer and caused by the moment!" he defended himself. "Besides...you wanted me to help you." Sydney chuckled.

"Yea. I'm taking holiday from you as soon as I can."

"Really?" he faked a shocked face. "You can't! You're such a drama queen and that's entertaining!"

"We're divorced and we see each other way too often."

"Oh, right. We were married." Billie exclaimed.

"Tell me about it." she rolled her eyes. "Let's not talk 'bout it anymore."

"Right, you still miss me."

"No, not really." she smiled at him. "You think too high of yourself."

"But you like it!"

"Whatever... Let's go to some pub?" she suggested. Billie saluted and slid his hand in to hers.

"What are you doing Billie?" she raised her eyebrow.

"Just holding your hand?" he asked, winking at her. "Come on, let's find some open bar!" he pulled her as they started running, laughing without any reason.

***
It wasn't dark anymore. Sun was about to rise when they stumbled into the elevator, ignoring the weird glance that the receptionist gave them. After a moment of trying to hit the correct floor button and waiting for the elevator to stop on their floor, which they had problem recognizing, giggling all the time at random things, holding onto one another, they stumbled out into the corridor, trying to be quiet. Billie held his arm around her waist as she held with one hand onto his shirt, trying to stop giggling. It was around 5 am.

They walked drunkly, hitting the walls and silencing one another, through the long, dim corridor. As they glanced at each other they burst into laughter, Sydney leaning on Billie, trying not to end up on the floor. Billie wrapped his arm around her waist, while his other hand held her hand in his. She laughed quietly as they started dancing in the corridor to the melody Billie was humming. They stumbled a little, which caused Sydney to fall.
Billie's arms stopped her from hitting the floor and he helped her up. Their eyes met and they fell silent, staring at each other just like they saw each other for the first time in their lives.

They didn't need words to understand each other. Everything that happened for past months melted with the world around them. Just by staring at each other they knew one thing. No one mattered to them right then. Only the two of them.
His lips came crashing down on hers and he pushed her up against the wall, kissing her hungrily. She tangled her hands in his messy hair as he pressed his body against hers, wrapping his arms tightly around her as if she was going to disappear with the first sun rays, which were about to appear in the dim hotel hallway.

She pulled away suddenly and they both laughed without any reason, hushing one another after a moment. Billie looked around the corridor and without another word, he pulled her to the next door, which happened to be Sydney's room. Sydney searched for the keys in her pockets and when she found them she waved them in front of his eyes. Billie sneaked the keys out of her palm and pulled her into another breathtaking kiss. She didn't plan on fighting with him. The amount of alcohol brainwashed them completely and they didn't care about anything at all at that moment. Still kissing, Billie opened the door with effort as he couldn't put the key in the key hole.

Finally they managed to get in and immediately, he had her against the door.
His hands run down her sides to the hem of her shirt and before she knew it he took it off.
She bit his lip as he picked her up and carried to the bed, stumbling a little. They were lucky and didn't fall over a table or scattered clothes. They fell onto the bed with giggles and this time it was Billie's shirt falling somewhere to the ground. She captured his lips in a tender kiss, pushing him down on the bed. His hand ran up her arm and went behind her neck. He pulled her even closer, deepening the kiss. He rolled on top of her, smirking into the kiss as one of her hands went through his messy hair and other down his back. His hands went down her sides, removing another parts of her clothing, which fell forgotten to the ground. When she managed to unbutton his belt and pants, he kicked of his jeans, kissing down her neck. There was no way one of them could ask the other to stop. They didn't care. They didn't want to stop. Nothing, but this feeling that they needed one another mattered. Nothing else. No one else.