Sequel: Radiate
Status: Finished // Currently edditing/correcting the mistakes.

As I Follow This Little Lies

Keep It Top Secret

"Oh.My.Gosh!" Billie sat up straight in bed, wide eyed. He immediately fell onto the pillows clutching his head and groaning in pain as he had the worst hangover ever possible. He slowly turned his head to the side and almost fell out of bed as he spotted Sydney, staring at him wide eyed, with lips slightly parted, the expression of pure shock and terror painted all over her face.
"T-tell me w-we d-d-didn't." she stuttered, clinging tightly to the comforter, covering herself. Billie set up slowly, rubbing his head.
"Oh, shit." he muttered. "What are you doing in my room?"
"You are in my room!" she exclaimed, her voice shaking a little.
"Damn. We didn't do that, did we?" he asked her in a horsed voice. As he looked around the room and noticed their clothes scattered, he knew that this happened and also they didn't wear anything, which was quiet obvious. He didn't need more evidence.

Sydney put her head in her hands, cursing silently as Billie stared at the wall with narrowed eyes.
"I don't remember anything." he said slowly. "I-I mean...we had to be pretty drunk.."
"Oh, really?!" she exclaimed, hitting pillow with her fist. "Seriously, it's the most fucked up situation I ever was in. I feel like... like some kind of groupie or worse! My mother was right, I guess."
"About what." Billie said angrily, looking at her seriously. "Will you stop overreacting finally?"
"Why the fuck do you always complicate things, Billie?!" she asked on the verge of tears. "Since I met you my life changed so fucking much I can't keep up with it. I hate everything about it."
"You're overreacting." he stated shaking his head. "It's not only my fault that this happened, okay?!"

She bit her lip and stared at her hands as Billie glared at her. After a moment it changed into a frown and she looked up at him, but what she saw was even more confusing to her. Was he... smiling? She opened her mouth to say something, but she couldn't find the right words. He looked up at her and burst out laughing, falling down against the comfy pillows. Despite the mood she was in, she joined him in this laughter, not really knowing what was it all about. They both couldn't stop laughing and after a while, they were trying to regain control over their breathing.
"Wh-what are you laughing about!" she laughed a little more.
"Wish I knew." he grinned. "It's better than freaking out about what happened!"
She raised her eyebrow.

"Like oh my gosh! Billie! We did it and we're not married! It's so wrong! Oh.My.Gosh!" he exclaimed in a squeaky girlie girl voice. Sydney couldn't react other than laughing at this, but then the realization of some little detail hit her. Something, that stood on the way to the happy ending, if there was supposed to be one.
"Billie, you cheated on your girlfriend with me.."
"So what?" he shrugged.
"S-so what?!" her eyes went huge.
"Just kidding." he rubbed his eyes. "She can't find out. That's obvious."
"I thought you'd say, but if you're not going to, then thank you. She'd kill me."
"Yea. Me too. And I'd never ever tell her."
Sydney smiled weakly. "You sound like you don't even care about cheating on her." he just shrugged his shoulders and yawned.
"No one can find out." she added after a while.
"Y-yea. I know."

There was a knock on the door and they both froze. Billie looked at Sydney panicked as she stared at the door wide eyed.
"Put something on and hide! Take your clothes!" she hissed and picked up her pajamas from the ground. She hastily put it on and made sure Billie hid somewhere, which happened to be under the bed. By the time she got to the door the knocking was killing her with the loudness.
"What!" she hissed opening the door, massaging her head. There stood Tre, looking at her with raised eyebrows.
"Nothing'" he said simply, shrugging his shoulders. He peered inside and looked suspiciously at Sydney. "I heard voices."
"Don't you hear voices all the time?" he raised his eyebrows. "I just woke up and TV turned on and it freaked me out a little. You know, soap operas."
"Aha." he eyed her and smirked. "I don't believe you."
"Well, fine. I hear... voices in the toilet. Satisfied?"
"Hey.. I once heard them too. It was some radio. You know... I heard 'You're going to hell!' and some other shits." Sydney raised her eyebrows and decided not to ask questions about this. It was hard for her to think about anything and that sounded odd.
"Did you have fun last night?" she bit her lip as Tre eyed her carefully.
"Oh...at the bar.. no. Not really."
"After you left?"
"No."
"And later?" Tre smirked. "You got a hangover... pretty bad one!" he exclaimed and walked inside.
"Tre! No, I wanted to get shower! Out the door!"
"Not until I'll find Billie." he said in a sing song voice. She laughed a little.
"What would give you that idea? Billie here?"
"I know that you returned in the early morning." he said with a blank expression on his face. "Besides!" Tre pointed his finger in the air. "Billie's not in his room and you've got some huge bites."
"That are... mosquitos. It's itching." she smiled weakly, cursing the idea of going to that bar and getting wasted "Tre... let me have a long, hot shower. Billie's not here and you're wasting your time. Yeah, we returned early in the morning, b-"
"Hey Tre!" Billie said cheerfully walking from behind Tre from the door direction. "I was looking for you!"
"I see." he raised his eyebrow. "So, where did you hide?"

Sydney had a dumbfounded expression on her face as she stared at Billie. He shrugged his shoulders.
"I just woke up. She challenged me with drinking tequila!" he pointed an accusing finger at Sydney. "Nice bites, Sydney. Did you an Tre just n-"
"Out!" she pointed at the door, closing her eyes. "Leave me all alone to myself and shut up."
Both of them snickered and hastily left the room. She went to the bathroom and there she sat on the floor, embracing her knees with her head lied on her arms.
"What did I do..." she whispered. "It's not anything good."

***
"What happened?" Allison asked, looking at blank expression on Sydney's face. Allison eyed her friend as she didn't reply, but shrugged her shoulders.
Everyone were in the lobby, almost ready to leave. Everyone besides Billie and Sydney looked quiet good. They didn't complain about hangovers or being tired. Sydney glanced at Billie, who quickly turned his head away from her, when she looked at him. He stayed a couple of feet away from her and it seemed he wouldn't be the one to start talking first. She bit her lip and looked at her band mates. Matt was talking to Dave about something and Allison seemed to be bored out of her mind as she leaned on Sydney's shoulder and buried her head in her friend's arm.

"What's wrong Syd?"
"Nothings wrong, Al."
"But I see." she whined "Let's go take a coffee and stole some cookies?" she suggested.
"You know, go get coffee and I'll catch up with you."
Sydney looked over her shoulder at Billie and back at Allison, who studied her with a warily eyes. She whistled and smirked.
"Did something happen between you and Mr. Armstrong?"
"I guess not." Sydney sighed. "It's just that I want to ask him something."
"Well, I'll wait for you here, then." Allison replied with a shrug. Sydney flashed her a smile and slowly walked up to Billie, feeling quiet uneasy. When he spotted her heading towards him, he walked a few feet away from Mike and Tre, not really wanting them to overhear, whatever she had to say. She approached him with her hands stuck dip in her pockets and a frown on her face.

"Do we have some code words, so no one will understand what we really say?" a smile appeared on his face and she could feel butterflies dancing in her stomach.
"What kind of code you've got on mind?" she shrugged and looked into his green eyes. "What's wrong?"
"Getting drunk was wrong."
"Couldn't be that bad." Billie shrugged. "So, what's really troubling you?"
"I'm confused, but that doesn't stop me from telling you that we can't act this odd around everyone or they might think something is up."
Billie chuckled and nodded his head slowly, looking at everyone else, who didn't really pay attention to the two of them.
"Believe me that they don't really care." Sydney rolled her eyes and shook her head, opening her mouth to say something, but Billie raised his hand up, silencing her. "Tre tried only to piss you off in the morning. He wasn't in my room even earlier and now we are acting weird. We're talking, you know?"
"Right, right. I shouldn't walk up to you and I should act like some kind of a bitch, overreacting about everything etc. That would be normal?" he shrugged, leaning on the wall.
"Depends."

"From what?" she crossed her arms. He shrugged his shoulders, while looking at her. She cleared her throat and was about to say something, when he stepped towards her and they were so close that his nose was almost touching her cheek and she blushed as she looked into his eyes. He leaned to her ear, with a smirk playing across his lips.
"I do remember some things from the early morning..." he whispered into her ear. "I can assure you it was not that bad as you think, so stop worrying and let's go get some coffee now. Remember? We had that deal before we went to the bar... funny how it worked out, huh?"

He walked away from her with a satisfied smile on his face and he joined the other two Green Day members and laughing quietly as Mike and Tre started asking what just happened. Obviously everyone saw this. Sydney stood frozen to the ground, not aware that he walked away or that her band mates were staring at her questioningly.

"Wake up!" Tre yelled into her ear and she jumped with a scream escaping from her mouth. Tre burst into hysteric laughter. "Oh... Sydney. I didn't know that Billie makes you blush that much. You tend to amaze me."
"I'll kill you." she muttered.
"What was that?" Tre leaned towards her with his hand placed near his ear. "Didn't hear you, hun."
"Tre!" she whined and pouted at him. "What did I do to deserve this?" he shrugged and dragged her by her arm to the rest of the group that was waiting for the two of them. She glanced at Billie, who was smirking at her. She rolled her eyes and walked up to Allison. As far away from Billie as she could...
"How's your lover?"
"He's not.. my lover." Sydney replied hastily. "It's nothing. Really. I just need some cookies."
Allison laughed at her.
"Fine. I just regret I didn't have a camera. Oh, wait. Matt has one! He made a photo!"
"What?" Sydney frowned. "No... why? You guys are having fun, huh?"
Matt and Dave laughed at her.
"This tour would be boring if you didn't meet with Billie." Matt nudged Sydney, who sighed heavily.
"It's never going to end, huh?"
♠ ♠ ♠
I figured everything out. I'm finally finishing this story and it's official. 17-18 parts more and I'll be free! I'm starting to write last 16-17 chapters now ^^ Wish me luck?