Sequel: Radiate
Status: Finished // Currently edditing/correcting the mistakes.

As I Follow This Little Lies

Faint

Two or maybe three weeks passed since Billie and Sydney decided to keep things secret and not to mention anything of this. They didn't act around each other awkward, like everyone would think, if anyone knew what happened. Most likely people seemed shocked to see them walking together from the concert venues, laughing and lost deep in conversations, usually with Billie having his arm wrapped around Sydney's waist or holding her hand. The two of them didn't care anymore about what people said. They were just good friends and talked about most of their issues, which eventually caused there was nothing to fight about. Sydney decided to ignore the past, which she'd rather return to, but the time that she spent with him wasn't any worse. It was great. She was happy to be good friends with him and finally not getting angry for no reason at him.
It seemed like her band mates, Mike and Tre liked the change. Everyone were a little sick of the little, silly arguments already.
Billie seemed happier and whenever he could he would go find Sydney and ask her to go somewhere with him or just he'd hang out with her, even if that was doing nothing. Allison couldn't help, but say this meant something, but Sydney would just laugh and say they were only good friends and even if she felt something towards him, there was no chance that they'd be a couple again. You don't go into the same river again. So that's how time passed by and sometimes there would be a photo or a small article in some gossip newspaper about the two. It seemed like everything was fine. It was.

"So tell me once again, why do you think we act weird?" Sydney rolled her eyes as Allison sipped her coffee in the restaurant, where they stopped to eat something healthy, normal dinner, which everyone dreamed about. Matt read the newspaper, not paying attention to the conversation. He didn't really see anything weird about Billie and Sydney finally getting along. The only thing he said was "You finally started to act your age, Sydney!". However, that didn't stop Allison from suspecting something more than simple 'we're friends' thing. She claimed she saw the way they looked at each other and that was not a look that said 'we're friends'.

"Since you two decided to go to the bar, just the two of you, that night or even morning... well, you two don't argue and didn't avoid each other or don't act so annoying that much." she smirked, seeing her words made some sense to Sydney as she looked down at her hands and nervously held onto the napkin, that she used to wipe her mouth a while ago.

"Well, not only I think this way."
"Hey... so you tell me to act like a total bitch all the time?" Sydney asked suddenly, avoiding her friends careful gaze. "It's nothing bad to change the way I treat him. In the end it's better to have a friend than a foe in him."
"Well, I know what you mean." she smirked. "What do you think Matt?"

He merely shrugged, not even looking up from the news paper he was reading. Allison scoffed and turned to Sydney again, who suddenly looked happier, she was beaming and looking somewhere behind Allison.
She looked at what or rather who Sydney was looking with a somehow dreamy gaze and a smile. She looked behind and sighed, shaking her head, when she spotted Billie looking at Sydney with the same smile. He was sitting with Dave, Mike and Tre as they were again discussing something about their favorite bands or what they're going to do after the tour, which wasn't about to finish in another 2 months.

"Yes. That's what I was talking about." Sydney snapped out of her daze and looked confused at the blond guitarist.
"What were you saying?"
"Yes, you got it bad..." Allison sighed. "Why don't we do something about it, huh?"
"Please, stop saying stuff like this. It's just... stupid." Sydney threw her napkin onto her plate and took a sip from her water.

"Hey there!" Billie exclaimed, sitting next to Sydney, forcing her to make some space for him. He smiled at Allison and Matt and grinned at Sydney, who was pretending to find some interest in the cars passing by the restaurant on the road. Billie's hand moved to her arm and she could feel a shiver running down her spine. She looked away from the window at the same time moving away from him with a small smile. In the corner of her eye she could see Allison smirking at her with a look that clearly said 'I told you'.

"Well, Billie..." Sydney cleared her throat, avoiding looking into his eyes. "Got bored?"
"A little." he replied with a small smile.
"So, Billie, what are you going tell us?" Allison asked as her eyes fell on him. She leaned on Matt's arm and eyed the two in front of her. He shrugged his shoulders and took Sydney's water and took a sip.
"Hey!" she exclaimed, when she saw what he did.
"It's just a water!" Billie rolled his eyes at her, but again smiled and she did so as well. Allison sighed, thinking how the two of them were so blind about this whole thing. They'd do better as a couple, she thought.
Sydney looked at Allison with a raised eyebrow, but then she suddenly swayed and leaned on Billie's shoulder, with a hand raising to her head.
"You okay?" Billie asked, looking at her oddly. "I know that you think that I'm the hottest thing walking on this earth, but.. hey, do you feel alright?" he asked noticing she was pale and stunned.

"I'm fine." she said quietly, sitting up straight, shaking her head a little. "I just felt dizzy. Weird." she laughed quietly.
"Well, I don't mind you falling asleep on my arm, you know." Billie flashed her a smile and she simply nodded her head.
"Just don't get sick, Sydney." Matt looked at her a little worried. "You know, this sleepless nights are not doing any good to you."
"They never did." Sydney shrugged her shoulders and shifted in her seat, feeling a little uncomfortable all of sudden. She glanced at Billie, who was staring at her, deep in thought. "Um, Billie?" she nudged him and he looked away from her, staring out the window.
"How about we go out get some fresh air?" he suggested. She nodded her head and they left, hearing Allison chuckle quietly.
"Sweet, aren't they?"

Once they walked out the door, fresh air hit them and they stood in front of the restaurant, not saying anything at all. Billie lit his cigarette and leaned on the wall as Sydney hid her hands in her pockets and watched the road.

"Do you miss home?" he asked suddenly, startling her a little. She reluctantly looked away from the road and shrugged her shoulders.
"It's not like I have one, right now."
"Not even in New York?"
"It's not home." Billie eyed her for a while and smiled a little.
"So you're coming to Berkeley?" she shrugged once again and leaned on the wall. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Billie dropped a cigarette and stomped on it and after raising his gaze to her face he frowned at her.
"Somethings wrong with you again?" she shook her head and slid down the wall tot he ground. "Hey, Sydney. What's wrong?"

"I need to sit somewhere... I-I feel bad."
He cursed under his breath and helped her up. As much as she didn't like that she couldn't fight him. She hated feeling so weak. She got up to her feet, leaning onto him as she had no strength to stand by herself. Her knees seemed to give away any minute now.
"Let's find some bench in the shadow maybe." he muttered more to himself than herself. He sighed with relief when he spotted one, but not exactly in the shadow. She could at least lay down. Slowly, they went in the direction of their destination and he helped her lay down. She looked pale and didn't say a word as she felt so weak. Like she was floating somewhere, like the world around her melted into nothing and she was swallowed by the darkness. She could only feel Billie's hand, gently running up and down her arm and that calmed her down a little, making her feel a little better.

"You've got to eat more or rest, Sydney." he said in a concerned voice.
"Since when do you suddenly care?" she asked quietly, cracking one eye open. He flashed her a smile. She slowly sat up, as she felt a little better, motioning for him to sit next to her. She didn't even notice when he sat on the bench and pulled her on his knees. She only knew that as she lied her head on his arm she felt all better and she didn't care who saw them. She had her excuse.

He lied his head on hers and kissed her forehead as her hand rested in his and she was drifting off into a peaceful sleep, with her head buried in his neck. He held her firmly in his embrace. It was too peaceful too last too long.
"So that's the definition of let's get some fresh air?" Allison said in a mocking voice. Billie opened his eyes and raised his eyebrow.
"Can't help it. She just can't keep her hands off of me."
"Right." Mike smirked. "And she doesn't even know what's going on around her.. You had to talk too much and poor Sydney fell asleep not really knowing when."
"You know that's not true, Mikey." Billie smirked. "Are we leaving yet?",
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm really sorry it took so long. I don't really like this chapter. Maybe because I don't like or either can't write stuff like this... or it's writer's block. I was forcing lately myself to write this story, which caused I've got only half of the chapters to write. There are 16-15 left, I guess.