Sequel: Radiate
Status: Finished // Currently edditing/correcting the mistakes.

As I Follow This Little Lies

Late Night Conversations & Wake Up Calls

Nothing could be compared to this. No other night after a concert. Everyone were tired and even Tre ran out of his batteries. Everyone stayed in the same room, sleeping on the bed, couch or on the floor. Billie and Sydney sat under the window, propped on the pillows they took from the bed long time ago. They were lost in the conversation, lost in their own world, not really seeing anything than each other.
They were almost lying on the floor, propped against each other, smiling while looking at each other. It was so peaceful, it felt so right, so good. She was caught up in his emerald gaze and carefully listened to every little word that fell out of his mouth. She couldn't be more happy. Once again she had all of his attention that evening.

He took her hand into his and stared at the ceiling for a while. She stared at their hands with a smile and leaned her head on his arm. He looked at her with a small smile and chuckled.
"You know, if I saw us on a picture I'd think we're a couple or something."
"You don't expect too much, huh?" she raised her eyebrow. "No, really. I'd think so too, but going out with your ex is bad."
"Why?" he smirked. She shrugged and looked away from him, but still seeing him glancing at her from the corner of her eye. Her smile broadened. "You're funny."
"Am I?" she asked rising her head from his arm. "I guess you was the funny one here."
"Well, I am funny, but you're funny to watch."
"Ah. So you suggest I should be a movie star?" Sydney smirked.
"Depends what movies you got on mind." he wiggled his eyebrows.
"Ew.. that's not funny." Sydney crossed her arms and Billie let out a silent, girlish scream and covered his mouth.
"Sydney, dear! What's on your mind! Some dirty things!"
"No!" she exclaimed in an offended voice.
"Yes you did!" Billie pointed a finger at her, looking at her with wide eyes. "You did think about that!"
"You started, Armstrong!"
"You did!" he said in a sing song voice. "I didn't say what movies."

She rolled her eyes and shook her head.
"What Billie Joe Armstrong can have on his mind." she said in a bored voice. "Nothing... ordinary."
He nodded his head thoughtfully and looked at her with a crooked smile.
"But I didn't think about that until now!"
"Wow. That's your new record." Sydney replied with a fake shock painted all over her face. "You're not serious!"
He shrugged and she raised her hand to his forehead.
"Oh! Billie, dear! You've got a fever!"
"I don't!" he exclaimed. "I'm fine."
"You're not. Go to bed right now!" she pointed at the occupied bed. He wrinkled his nose and stubbornly crossed his arms.
"You don't expect me sleep with them?"
"Actually... no. But you got your own room."
"But everyone's here."
"But you need to rest?"
"I prefer to sleep with you?"
"No you don't?" she raised her eyebrow. Billie smirked.
"Oh, but I do want to sleep with you."

"I'm sleeping here today." he got comfortable on the pillows and grabbed the blanket that was lying not so far away from him. "What are you doing?"
"Getting ready to sleep." he said as if it was something very usual for the two of them. "And you?"
"Wondering." she said watching him.
"So stop cause I can't go to sleep." she raised her eyebrow. "Come on! I need another pillow!"
He pulled her carefully down and she got comfortable on the pillows. He put the blanket over her and smiled.
"Well, I hope you know that eventually my head will end up here..." he said touching her arm. She sighed and nodded her head.
"Taking advantage of the situation. Nice."
"I'm happy you're fine with this, Syd." he yawned. "Just don't move too much and it'll be perfect." she rolled her eyes and wrapped the blanket around herself, closing her eyes and letting the sleep overcome her.

Hushed giggles, conversations and comments filled the air. The annoying sun filled the room, interrupting the peaceful sleep and the pillow was moving and whispering something about idiots surrounding him, while he'd still rather enjoy his dreams or whatever. For a moment it was silent. Maybe even suspicious, but again it was a little bearable to get back to a deep sleep and dreamland. Everything around was fading. The brightness was melting with everything around and the warm pillow was so comfortable, almost saying go back to sleep, to dreamland where you don't have to worry about anything. Put your head on a pillow and never again wake up to the cruel world.
Too bad that the reality was really a cruel thing.

Sydney woke up as the water was splashed onto her violently and do add more drama it was cold and her pillow jerked from the floor also, yelling profanities at the cruel beings of this cruel world they were brought back too. Laughs filled the room as well as angry voice that belonged to no other person than Billie Joe, who managed to use already every curse word that was in the dictionary or was going to end up there eventually.
Sydney, still sleepy and not really knowing what was going on and where she was, looked around the room to see Mike lying on the armchair, trying to contain his laughter, Dave and Allison clutching their sides, Matt smirking over his newspaper and Tre with bucket of water from where was dripping the remaining water.

Billie, still swearing, started chasing Tre around the room in his wet clothes, causing his friend to shriek like a little girl. Allison burst into even louder laughter as Billie tried to jump at Tre, but the drummer swiftly run out the door, leaving the green eyed guitarist lying limply on the ground in doors.
Sydney got to her feet, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. She didn't get much sleep on the floor after all. One of her sides was stiff and she wished to go back to sleep on something comfy and puffy. A good bed would make it.

"Wake up, little sister!" Matt exclaimed, patting her back. "We've got to leave soon."
"I want to go back to sleep." she muttered.
"Right." Matt smirked. "Was Billie that comfy?" she glared at him and went into the bathroom, only to go out of it a minute letter, to grab Matt's clothes. He groaned seeing her stealing his favourite tee shirt and shorts.
"That's for getting me wet with a freezing water!" she said in a sing song voice, before closing the door behind her.

In the meantime, Billie managed to get up from the floor and sit on the couch next to Mike, who was sipping a second coffee that morning. He turned on the TV and searched the channel until he found some cartoon that caught his attention. Tre Cool soon joined, but was caught by Billie he finally got his revenge for waking him up with a cold water.
"Come on guys!" Allison clapped her hands "You've got couple of hours to fight in the tour bus. Let's make something...else."
"You mean, you joining in the wrestling match?" Billie asked. "I don't mind, but... we're not nice guys. I wouldn't care that you're a girl." Allison rolled her eyes and sat on the couch next to the wrestling guys on the floor.
"Wrestling is for little boys." Allison huffed.
"And whose s-"
"Shut up, Tre. You're interrupting me!" Mike said, not taking his eyes off of the screen. Sydney walked out the bathroom and lied on the bed next to Dave, who was in his own world. No one could wake him from his daydreaming. Never. Even a bomb going off wouldn't do that.

"Guys... are you officially a couple or... you're pretending to be friends and acting like a couple?" Matt asked. "Let's face it. You're not friends."
"Oh, come on, Matt." Allison sighed. "It's not like they go to get drunk and have sex while we're not around."
Billie shot a quick glance at Sydney and she rolled her eyes shaking her head.
"What?" Dave propped on his elbows, noticing them exchanging glances. "Is that true?"
"What?" Sydney asked with a fake smile.
"That you two-"
"Are you nuts?" Billie chimed in. "I've got a girlfriend!"
"I don't see the problem. It didn't stop you before." Tre snickered.
"Before?" Sydney inquired, looking directly at Tre, who looked suddenly nervous.
"I... I mean. Before as before Sydney." he laughed nervously "Yeah, Sydney... you was special to BJ.. yea. Before as before you came around." she looked accusingly at Billie.
"So, after all you was chea-"
"Not with you." Billie defended himself. "I wouldn't!"
"Why should I believe you know? You was c-"
"We're divorced, aren't we?" Billie cut her off, before she could say anything more and give away their little secret. The whole room was silent, beside the cartoon that was playing in the background. "Why don't we leave it like it is?"
"Fine." she shrugged, not looking at him anymore. That's when Billie realized that having Tre Cool in the same room isn't sometimes the best idea. Especially when things that should never see the light comes out. Another thing that she could use against him. Another thing he regretted she found out. She could just wonder if there was even more to find out in the nearest future.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry that I made you wait so long... First I had a writers block, than trip to Munich and then again writers block. I guess it has something to do with... my life? Whatever. I know it's not good, but I hope you'll like it anyway, guys ^^ Next parts might appear earlier... I got them all written up until chapter 45, so it won't be another long time to wait : ) yeah.. only 10 chapters to write for me ^.-