Sequel: Radiate
Status: Finished // Currently edditing/correcting the mistakes.

As I Follow This Little Lies

Don't Lie

A long day, spent mostly with her brother and then at work, that sometimes was horribly boring, especially in the evenings, Sydney returned home tired, but happy. All lights were off what signaled no one was home. Well, she was happy no one was there since there would be no peaceful silence, if Trè was around and Billie would insist for her to stay with them and get drunk or high. Like always before they left for their tour. She unlocked the door and entered the silent house. She kicked off her shoes and went straight upstairs, feeling very tired. It was 9 p.m. She didn't usually go that early to sleep, but without any will to do anything... she couldn't resist lying down on a comfy bed.

She opened her bedroom door and smiled at sight of her little kitten, Freaky, lying on her and Billie's bed. She laid next to it, looking at little ball of fur asleep. She began to stroke its bushy fur. Siberian kitty. Freaky rolled on his back, purring as Sydney stroked his fur. He covered his head with his paw and continued sleeping, still purring. She chuckled and laid next to the kitty. She couldn't imagine life without this little thing. She loved cats too much.

***
It was quite late, when Billie, Mike and Trè were walking through the streets slightly drunk, laughing at random things and people passing them by, giving them this looks, as if they were saying Someone should keep this freaks in prison, What losers. They had some fun at Gilman’s, even when Billie was all day in a very bad mood. They didn't notice when a car slowed down next to them, till they heard a familiar voice of a girl.

"Guys!" they stopped and looked at the girl behind the wheel. "I'm going home. Um…I can take you with me. Your house is on my way."

"Ali?" Trè grinned, walking closer to the doors. "How come you're not stoned or drunk yet?"

"Um... I don't want to talk about this stuff, okay?" she glanced at Mike and Billie.

"Aaas you wiiiiiish!" Trè saluted and hoped inside the car. Billie and Mike followed Trè and sat in the car. Whole ride The Ramones were blasting through the radio and all four of them sang along. When they finally stopped near their house Allison waited for them to leave the car. They said their goodbyes and watched her drive away. Then, trying not to fall over, but still stumbling a little, they got into the house, laughing. Trè went to the kitchen, while Mike and Billie safely got to their bedrooms.

As Billie walked into the dim room, with a lamp on the desk on, he stopped in the doorway and stared at a girl lying on the bed. He closed the door noiselessly and went towards the bed. When he sat down her eyes fluttered open and she sat up, looking around sleepily.
"You're home already? What hour is it...” she glanced at the clock, which showed 2 am. She frowned and got up from bed. "Oh, well. Seems like I should change into my pajamas instead of sleeping in this."

Walking towards the closet she glanced at Billie, who didn't say a thing.

"Where were you, Syd?" he asked staring at her.

"Out and then at work." she shrugged taking out her pajamas.

"Oh, really?" Billie crossed his arms. Sydney, not looking at him nodded her head. "So tell me…Why didn't you ask me to go with you? I wanted to spend this day only with you."

"Really?" she turned her head towards him with some kind of guilt crossing her face. "S-so, why didn't you tell me a-about your plans earlier?"

Billie watched her for a while and then looked down as he noticed change of her behavior.

"I thought you had nothing better to do."

"Hey, you think I'm some no lifer?"

"No, after what I saw I can say there's no need in calling you a no lifer." she frowned as he glared at her.

"Speak clearly, okay?" she crossed her arms, eyeing him.

"Okay." Billie stood up and slowly made his way towards her. "Who was that guy?"

"What guy."

"Don't play dumb." he said through gritted teeth. "I saw you getting into his car!" he yelled, making her jump and back away.

"Who was he!"

"Stop yelling at me!" she screamed at him

"So tell me the truth!"

"It was my brother."

"Bullshit."

"I'm telling the tru-"

"Stop fucking lying, okay?! Maybe I'll find out you was cheating on me during this 6 months, huh?!"

"You're paranoid." she spat as tears were forming in her eyes. "And drunk. I can't believe you actually think I could do something like this."

He was silent for a while glaring at the floor.

"So why I heard this things?"

"What things?” she snickered. "Yea, you know, I was cheating on you all the fucking time. Every week I had a new guy cause you're such a loser. 6 months is a plenty of time don't you think so?" she spun around and was about to leave when he caught her by her wrist and pulled back.

"And how can I trust you?" he hissed "You couldn't say you was leaving, huh?"

"Let go. It hurts." she said quietly as tear trickled down her face.

"Who was with you." he said in low voice.

"My brother."

"You know what? I don't believe you."

"So maybe visit some psychiatrist and talk about your little problems!" she glared at him and snatched her hand away as he reminded speechless. She ran out the doors and out to the streets trying to get away from him and this place. Everything was slowly falling apart in her life.

She was prowling around the streets with tear stained face. She tried to stay away from more crowded streets, but mostly every street was deserted at this hour. She tried not to think what could happen when she'd be back. Actually, she didn't want to go back, but there was nowhere to go. She didn't even consider asking someone if she could stay for night. She didn't even dare to think what Matt would do to Billie Joe if he found out...
When she stopped, she noticed where she was. Near her old house where she lived before she abandoned her family to live with Billie. Her parents hated her so much right now; they haven't even been on their weeding.

Don't even come here for help if something happens!" her mother spat glaring with pure hatred in her eyes. "We don't need some ungrateful brat like you!

Sydney shook her head trying to forget that painful memory and decided to head back. It took her at least hour and a half to get closer to her neighborhood. She shivered slightly, feeling cold. She regretted running out all of sudden. It was chilly and she was only in a top and a skirt that didn't give too much warmth.
Finally, she stopped in front of the house. She considered walking in, but maybe it wasn't the best idea to be in the same room as Billie was. She glanced at her wrist and there was red mark from when Billie held onto it too tight. She sat on the steps and stared at the ground. She buried her head in her arms and sat like that for quite some time.

She was slowly drifting of to sleep when she felt something being placed on her. She looked up and noticed it was a blanket. The person sat next to her.
Billie.
He lit his cigarette and stared at the other end of the street.

"Thanks." she said quietly. He only nodded, not looking at her. Then she noticed he was just in his boxers. "A-aren't you cold?" he shook his head. She looked down, wrapping warm blanket around her.

"You shouldn't sit here." her head shot towards Billie, who stubbed his cigarette and threw it away. She opened her mouth to say something. "We'll talk later."

She nodded and he went back to the house. We'll talk later... she shook her head That never worked for us.