Sequel: Radiate
Status: Finished // Currently edditing/correcting the mistakes.

As I Follow This Little Lies

The Last To Know

There was something in the air that made everyone that looked into the blue sky think that this day won't be the one ordinary or a normal, peaceful day. It was one of those days that told you to stay out of trouble or any kind of the arguments. Sydney ignored this feeling, thinking nothing could be as bad on a such beautiful day like this. It was warm, cloudless, with a faint, warm wind blowing every now and then, causing the air didn't feel heavy and too hot.
She dressed into red sleeveless top and put on a black skirt, applied some eyeliner, less than usual and after brushing her black hair with red streaks, she skipped out her room. She felt so happy that she greeted everyone on her way to the other end of the corridor and smiled brightly at every person passing her by.
When she stopped in front of the doors, she took a deep breath, straightened her hair and skirt. She knocked on the wooden, white door and waited for a certain green eyed guitarist to greet her with his warm smile and sparkling, green eyes. However, when the doors opened her smile fell and eyes widened and she couldn't mask her regret, shock mixed with a little bit of anger.
She didn't see those sparkling green eyes she longed to see. Instead there stood a blond girl she loathed so much. She was smiling at Sydney triumphantly, leaning onto the door frame with her arms crossed. She was wearing Billie's boxers and to big tee shirt of Operation Ivy.

"Sydney... long time no see." she gritted her in a cold voice, with eyes going up and down Sydney's body with hate blazing in them.
"Oh, you're back, huh?" Sydney crossed her arms, returning the glare with as much hate as she received. "Seems like you're staying longer now, right?"
"Sorry to crush your dreams, sweetheart." Brittany said in a small, dramatic voice. "I didn't give up on Billie yet. After all, he is my boyfriend."
"Well, you shouldn't leave your boyfriend alone." Sydney smirked. "He might find interest in someone else."
Brittany laughed and shook her head slightly.
"You must be dreaming, Sydney. He'd never leave me for someone else. I just hope you didn't mean yourself. That would be a huge disappointment for you."
"Of course not me. I don't go into the same river twice, Barbie."
"See, I think you already crossed the line. Stay away from my boyfriend." Sydney faked a shocked face, pretending she didn't know anything. "Don't give me that look. I saw the two of you in the newspapers hanging out together and even more. You disgust me."
Sydney rolled her eyes and threw a death glare at her rival. She exactly knew what she meant, but it seemed Billie seemed to have fun last night. It hurt. She couldn't deny, but it wasn't like they were together, so it seemed she lost here. She was about to leave when Brittany snickered.
"You know where's your place." she said in a low, angry voice. "I'll make sure you won't come around him any more. You're like an annoying bug to me."

Sydney ignored the statement and slowly made her way towards the elevator. She still felt Brittany's glare on her back. She was near the elevator and waited for it to arrive on her floor, when she heard Billie's voice and when she looked in the direction of his room, he was going fast in her direction, with a troubled look on his face.
"Open now. Please, open." she muttered under her breath, in the corner of her eye seeing Billie Joe getting closer and closer. Finally the doors slide open and she got inside quickly, punching the button to the lobby.
Unfortunately, he was quick and held the door open, but didn't get in.
"Could you let the doors close?" she asked in an annoyed voice, avoiding his eyes that were searching her face helplessly.
"No. Listen, I-"
"You have to go to your girlfriend now." she smiled sweetly at him. "Now, leave me alone cos I'm starving and I need to get some breakfast."
"Not before we talk, Sydney." she sighed and laughed lightly.
"Don't we always talk? Somethings happens and we need to talk." she looked angrily at him for a moment, before her gaze dropped to the ground. "It's none of my business Billie. Just.. let me go, okay?"
"Let you go?"
"Yes." she looked up. "Like...forgetting about me existing, taking care of your problems, let me move on.." he raised his eyebrows.
"But I... never told you can't move on."
"So what are you doing here still, BJ." she raised her eyebrows. "Go?"
He frowned at her and waited for her to say something, but she reminded silent, again avoiding his confused gaze. "I mean it, Billie. Leave now. I.. I'm really hungry and I didn't eat good lately, so..."
He sighed and let go of the sliding doors. Sydney let her eyes meet his for a moment and as the doors closed, she cursed quietly, letting a single tear slide down her cheek. "Why does all the good things come to an end?"

***
She walked out the elevator and headed to the hotels restaurant. Mike was already there sipping his coffee with Dave and both of them had newspapers in their hands. The restaurant was full of people in suits or womens wearing formal clothes. It was a huge room, with walls painted faint beige color, which seemed to fade into white. The tables were covered with white tablecloth and red tulips. To Sydney, the room reminded of the hospital for some reason. It just didn't smell like it.

"Hey, guys." she sat down on the last free chair and propped her elbows on the table, looking at Mike and then at Dave. Both of them smiled at her and returned to reading their newspapers, sipping their coffee's from time to time. The waitress walked up to their table, smiling kindly at Sydney.
"Oh, the order.. do you have ice creams? Chocolate ones?" the waitress looked oddly at Sydney, but nodded her head nonetheless.
"Anything else?" Sydney shook her head and as the waitress walked away she sighed and looked at the white cloth.
"Ice creams for breakfast?" Dave cocked his eyebrow, folding his paper. "Shouldn't you eat something better? You faint a lot lately. Are you anorectic?"
"She's in love. That's why she can't eat." Mike smirked at her.
"Please, Mike." she rolled her eyes. "Love never ever existed in my dictionary. I don't know what it is really..." Mike shook his head and threw the newspaper in the middle of the table. He took her hand in his and smiled gently.
"So what's up with Billie? That wasn't love?"
"How can I know? Maybe... seems like I can't really get over him and.. why the hell am I confessing to two guys that are laughing at me?!" she looked from amused Mike to innocent looking Dave, who poorly tried hiding his laughter. She shook her head and laughed. "God, I'm hopeless."
"Look whose coming." Dave nodded his head to the entrance and Billie walked in, with Brittany clung to his arm like a flea, smiling flirtatiously at him. She looked actually like a school girl. No. Like a popular girl that just got what she wanted. Billie flashed her a smile and said something and she giggled, making people look at them. Sydney looked away with a disgust painted all over her face.

"That's what I didn't want to see so early in the morning." she sighed. "It's hurting my eyes. I'll go blind."
"It's not that bad yet. You're not on the same bus with them." Mike sighed, glancing at Billie and Brittany sitting down in the faraway table, still holding hands. He shook his head. "Whatever happened to this girl it's nothing good."
"No.. don't tell me she was different than this." Dave pointed at her and Sydney hit his hand, so no one would notice they were talking about Brittany.
"She was..." Sydney sighed. "And she wasn't nicer either back then."
She couldn't help, but grin when her ice creams arrived. Dave's eyes widened at how much of them there was. She started eating her ice creams, with a small smile on her face. Nothing else, beside Tre and candy's could cheer her up so fast. Ice creams were one of that things.
"You know, Sydney, you look pretty today." Dave smiled at her. "What's the occasion?" she shrugged her shoulders, not bothering to get into the conversation.
"Did you know that she was coming today?" she shook her head and Mike frowned.
"So Billie didn't tell you..." she stopped eating and looked at Mike confused. "He knew that for a long time... we all knew. I mean, the rest found out yesterday. It's not a big deal of it, but-"
"All of you knew and you didn't tell me?" she dropped her spoon and looked regretfully between Dave and Mike, who seemed to regret sharing with her this information. "You know guys... I'm leaving. I've got enough of ice creams." she stood up, almost knocking down the chair, not seeing Billie looking at her or Mike and Dave exchanging their looks as she was going out the restaurant. She felt like it was some huge secret everyone decided to keep from her. She went up the stairs to the second floor, where her room was located and ignored Tre greeting her. He turned on his heels with raised eyebrows and followed her silently. She suddenly felt sick and hurried to the her room, opening it hastily and running to the bathroom. Just in time.

Tre walked into the bathroom and held her hair out of the way as she was throwing up. When she was finished she brushed her teeth as he flushed the toilet and silently stood near her. That was rare for Tre to not say anything. Tears slipped out of her eyes as she was finished. She sat on the edge of tube and furiously wiped the tears, smearing her eyeliner in the process.
"Maybe you should visit hospital?" Tre suggested sitting down beside her. "It's not the first time."
"N-no hospitals." she mumbled, staring at her hands. "It's just some flu. I need to lay down. Only this. Maybe some aspirin will help?" Tre looked at her skeptically, but nodded his head.
"So, have you seen her already?"
"Why does everyone have to let me know the last?" she exclaimed, looking at him angrily. "Does it bring all of you some sick satisfaction of seeing me broken, angry or miserable?!" Tre sighed, shaking his head. He pulled her into a hug.
"I thought Billie told you. You two wer-"
"I'm going to lay down, Tre." she pushed his arms away from her and she went hastily out of the bathroom and lied down on her bed. Tre followed her and jumped onto the bed and grabbed the remote from the night stand. She raised her eyebrows at him.
"Shouldn't you join the rest of them? Breakfast?" she asked.
"No, not really." he rolled his eyes. "TV's more entertaining than everyone else."
Sydney smiled weakly and without another word, she decided not to cry over what she couldn't have or how she won't spend another day with Billie. World didn't resolve around only Billie and she should really move on, if she wanted to live a normal life. If he could do that, why not her? She could always try.