Sequel: Radiate
Status: Finished // Currently edditing/correcting the mistakes.

As I Follow This Little Lies

Another Thing To Think About

It had to be done. It couldn't be a cold, a flu or anything other... It just couldn't last so long. Once Sydney bought the necessary thing, seeing only one reason in her health problems, she walked into the restroom on the gas station as they stopped to get some gas.
Allison noticed her going there, hiding a small package into her jacket pocket. She told Matt, that she was going to be back in a while and slowly exited the bus, following Sydney into the shop and the restroom, unnoticed.

Allison quietly closed the door behind her and sat on the window stool, near the sink, patiently waiting for Sydney to walk out. It took her long enough. Allison was getting more and more impatient with every minute passing by. She heard sobs from the inside and her eyes went wide.
"Sydney?" she asked, knocking on the doors once she got up. She waited for the reply, but received none. The sobs were muffled, but she was sure it was Sydney. "Come out, please. What's wrong, hun? We can talk you know that..."
After a moment there was a click of the lock and Sydney walked out with a tear stained face.
She didn't dare to look at Allison or even speak with her.
"Tell me what's wrong." she said pulling her friend into a hug, patting her back a little. Silence filled the room as Sydney refused to say anything. "Just tell me."
"I-I'm pr-pregnant." Sydney muttered and cried even more.
Allison pulled away staring in shock at her.
"H-how's that possible? Did you-"
"It's Billie's." she chimed in, causing Allison to stare in utter shock at Sydney. She was speechless. Both girls stood there looking at each other, not saying any word. Sydney burst into tears again and sat on the ground, bringing her knees to her chest.
"Sydney.. My God. W-When?" Allison sank to her knees and wrapped her arms around Sydney, hoping she'd stop crying.
"Remember when we were in Munich?" Allison nodded her head slowly. "A-after we went to t-that bar... I woke up the n-next morning..."
"Oh. I get it." Allison bit her lip. "What are you going to do about it."

She shrugged her shoulders and closed her eyes tightly. So many thoughts ran through her mind and there was so many things she could do. Most of them seemed to be the worst thing she could do. It seemed like a never ending nightmare. Like the series of mistakes pulled her down along with every failure and with every hit, every failure she had more and more difficulties with getting up and facing another day, another problem and Billie, who seemed to be bright light in the dark tunnel.

"Allison.. what should I do know?" she wiped her tears with her red sleeve, wiping her eyeliner off of her face in the process.
"Are you going to tell him?"
"I... I don't know.. I.." she bit her lip and stared at the floor. "I can't."
Allison nodded her head and sighed, still having problems with getting used to the news.
"Listen, well get your face cleaned up from all of this eyeliner and you'll calm down a-"
"Allison!" Tre knocked on the doors, screaming. "Is Sydney there too?!"
"Yes!" Allison screamed back.
Tre walked inside with a grin on his face. Sydney hid behind Allison, hoping Tre won't see her tear stained face.
"Tre? What are you doing in here?!" Allison tried smacking his head, but he jumped away from her with wide eyes.
"That was close!" he mumbled.
"What are you doing in the girls bathroom."
"Looking for the two of you!" he threw his hands into the air. He raised his eyebrow, seeing Sydney with her back turned on him.
"Hey.. you look like you just found out you're pregnant and it's the end of the world!"
Allison's jaw dropped as Tre chuckled and patted Sydney's back. He sure found that funny, but Sydney looked like she was about to burst into tears. Allison pushed Tre out the door, using force and after a few 'ouch' and screams he was out.
"Come on, Sydney. He just.. was kidding. He doesn't know a thing. He's being stupid."

***
Allison promised to keep it secret and Sydney couldn't even describe how much she wanted to thank her. She couldn't look into Matt's eyes after she found out. She felt guilty. Being pregnant didn't mean anything good, especially while they were on a tour. It meant problems with a band. And she was the one to blame.
She pretended she was asleep in her bunk bed on the tour bus. Now she realized that she was in a huge trouble. If Matt found out or Billie... Brittany. It didn't seem good. At least she had an explanation for feeling sick, vomiting, feeling bad when she smelt food, feeling like eating something all of sudden... It seemed so unreal and yet she reminded herself of the cruel reality.

What was she going to do about the kid?
She didn't want to be a mom yet. She wasn't ready yet! She knew this well. At the current state of her life she was sure she wouldn't do any good, but somewhere deep inside she felt she shouldn't state it's going be hell and bad, catastrophe and disaster at once. What would Billie say?

What if the kid had his eyes? Looked exactly like him? Who'd resist a child like that?
Billie seemed like a child himself. Well, he seemed to never grow up and Sydney was now forced to grow up and forget about her silly love problems or what others think of her, having fun and not worrying about anything.
It seemed like she needed to change almost everything in her life. If she was going to keep the child...
But it was Billie's.. If she couldn't have Billie.. and it was a part of him too..
She groaned throwing the pillow across the tiny room with bunk beds. It was ridiculous. She was just 22 and she was pregnant. Yeah, her life was full of mistakes.

"Syd?" Allison whispered. "Are you awake?"
"Yes." she replied in a small voice.
"Listen, we're going to visit a doctor once we'll stop okay? Guys will get to the hotel and I'll tell we need to go find some shop..."
"F-fine." Sydney muttered. "Ali? I'm...scared."
"Of course you are." Allison replied, sitting on her bunk bed. "It's...so weird."
There was a while of silence and Allison stared blankly at the floor, biting her lip in thought. Sydney watched her, not saying anything, waiting for her to say anything. She felt bad about all of this and she was lost.
"Now I know why you two were acting so strange. You two... well.. and now you're..."
"I wouldn't even care if I wasn't late.. you know. Seems like I got a problem now."
Allison laughed taking Sydney's hand in hers.
"It's not that bad. You can get rid of Brittany now."
"No! He'd hate me!"
Allison shook her head and smiled brightly.
"Maybe you're not having a kid.. maybe that was... I don't know. A mistake?"
Sydney rolled her eyes.
"It was blue. I'm not blind."
"We'll find out." Allison shrugged her shoulders. "So...as for now.. don't bother thinking too much and rest a little bit."
She tucked her in and grinned at Sydney, who looked like she was about to throw something at Allison. She seemed too optimistic about everything and Sydney didn't like it at all.
She wanted all of this to be only a bad dream. She wished to wake up.