Sequel: Radiate
Status: Finished // Currently edditing/correcting the mistakes.

As I Follow This Little Lies

You Never Know Who Might See You

"Billie, hun?" he mumbled something in response as he still was asleep in bed, shielding his eyes from the sun with his arm. "Come on, BJ. We were supposed to go to the cinema or something. Remember? Our date?"
"Leave me alone. I've got a hangover." he muttered loud enough for her to hear. She narrowed her eyes and crossed her arms stubbornly. "Go if you want to go out so badly. I'm not leaving' anywhere today."
"Fine." she huffed. "I'm going alone! Don't you gonna miss me?"
"Bon voyage." he waved his hand in the air, not even caring to glance at the furious girl. "I'm already crying."
"You're such an asshole, Billie." she said in a hurt tone, hoping he'd start caring about what she was saying.

Too bad he reminded silent on the comfy bed. She stormed out the door, slamming them as loud as she could. Billie slowly sat up, listening to the footsteps or any kind of the noise. After some time he realized she was not coming back too soon and he smiled to himself, lying down with his arms behind his head. That was what he wanted, needed. He could now do the thing he wanted, without worrying his girlfriend would follow him anywhere or whine how he doesn't pay her as much attention as he should. After a while he got up to his feet and went to get a quick shower and 15 minutes later he was heading to the elevator. He got to the lobby and he couldn't hide how happy he was to see Sydney walking out of the restaurant towards the elevators. She didn't see him as she was staring at the ground, lost deep in thought. He followed her and slipped into the elevator, before the doors closed. He noticed her looking at him disbelievingly.

"What are you doing here?!" she exclaimed, crossing her arms.
"Well, I thought I could waste some time with you." he grinned at her, leaning on the wall. "So what are we going to do?"
She rolled her eyes and punched the button of her floor. She couldn't help, but smile at him as he was pouting at her.
"Billie..." she whined, laughing a little. "Stop it already."
"So, what are we going to do in your room?" he smirked.
"I'm taking a nap and you're going to your girlfriend." she replied, with her smile disappearing. The elevator stopped and they exited it.
"Bus I got rid of her." Sydney turned around to face him with wide eyes. "I didn't want to go anywhere with her. I wanted to hang out with you."
"Billie, do you realize you shouldn't?"
"Why do you care about what she wants?" Billie asked raising his eyebrow. "I don't even care that much."

Sydney shook her head and smiled despite the bad feeling she had about all of this. Billie and Brittany and her somewhere between all this mess. It seemed like Billie couldn't let go of any of them and he had quiet some fun during all of this. It didn't hurt to hang out with a friend, right? It's worse if that's a friend you have some feelings for, a friend that is your ex husband and on top of it... you're pregnant with him.
He smirked at her when she didn't reply and looked like she was battling with herself weather they should hang out together or not. When her confused eyes met his, it looked like she already knew the answer, but something was stopping her from telling him what she thought. She smiled at him, not really knowing what to say.

"So..." he scratched the back of his neck, looking quiet confused too. "What are we going to do? Cinema's not an option."
"Wait. Cinema?" Sydney chuckled. "You sent your girlfriend on a date with herself to the cinema and thought about going there with me?"
He shrugged his shoulders and flashed her a smile.
"Don't call her that... you make me feel guilty." Sydney shook her head and looked helplessly at Billie.
"I'm so sorry for every girl that decides to get involved with you. Really." he smirked.
"Why? Because they get jealous about me? Or do you mean it like.. when I lie to them about hangovers and go spend some time with a pretty girl?" she blushed and turned away from him, hoping he wouldn't see that, but too bad... he saw it and it satisfied him like nothing else earlier that day.
"Otherwise, it's bad." she said sharply. "You just can't lie your girlfriends." His eyebrows went slightly up and he looked at her a little offended.
"Aren't you doing the same? Lying all your boyfriends?"
"I don't have a boyfriend, I might remind you about this..."
"Oh... and why is that!" he exclaimed. "Do you expect too much from them, sweetie?"
She shrugged and looked at him bored.
"Probably you scare them all off." Billie rubbed his chin in thought and slowly nodded his head.
"That's probably this. They still think we're together."
"No they don't, Billie." she growled and shook her head again. "Back to your girl problems-"
"I don't have girl problems, woman!" he exclaimed, making her laugh. "We're not having this girlie talk. Never!" she shrugged and decided to go to her room, before they'd end up sitting on the floor chatting, arguing or anything else.

Billie followed her, not saying anything else, but keeping his eyes on her. She stopped in front of hers room door and turned to face him. She just didn't expect him to get so close to her. She was paralyzed as he stood in front of her, so close. His eyes were searching her face and she couldn't look away from his sparkling green eyes. It was like a weird dream she couldn't get away from. She was frozen.

The scene that was taking place could be everything a photographer wished for, but when it's someone whose not supposed to see her boyfriend staring at the other girl like she was the only one, eating her with his gaze...
Brittany was staring with her mouth open in disbelief with tears in the corner of her eyes. She could see how Billie raised his hand to her hair and how he stepped closer. She couldn't say what Sydney said, but sure Billie didn't care as it seemed he had some excuse to do what he did next. He closed the gap between them, capturing her lips tenderly, with his arms wrapping around her. She wrapped her hands around his neck, deepening the kiss.
Brittany couldn't move at this point. She felt betrayed and she wouldn't let this go so easily. No. Her face was red from anger and many thoughts were running through her mind, but mostly the ones that were focused on Sydney. Not Billie. Brittany wanted to direct all of this at this girl. The one who was loved by million fans and yet she still couldn't let go of one man Brittany wanted all to herself...
"You're so going to pay me for this." Brittany whispered, clenching her fists and glaring at the two, who were staring at each other with dreamy eyes. "How sickening."
She teared her gaze away from the two, but never forgetting the way they looked together, how they looked at each other.

***
Time passed by so quickly. Almost unnoticeable. Sydney lied on her bed, fighting with herself weather it was good or not that she let herself for this kiss, let Billie do what she wanted. He was a Prince Charming. There was no denying it. He could make her do whatever he wanted, she'd listen to everything he says without looking away, she couldn't stop smiling once she saw him or his smile. Yes, she loved that smile. She always waited to see that smile. She didn't know why she was doing this to herself. She was a masochist perhaps... but she loved every minute spent with him. Every little second. When she thought she was lucky in some way, than she remembered that it would end soon just like their tour and this seconds compared to the lifetime were just a drop of water in the ocean. Nothing.
That was the moment she felt like crying and wanted to stop the time and stay on this tour forever, no matter how much it was tiring her or sometimes even breaking down. She was sometimes too sensitive for this. She cared too much. She wanted everything perfect. She wanted to be again a teenager and be with Billie.
There were times she hated when Tre was running into her room without warning. This time she could feel more than grateful for his sudden appearance. He didn't quiet closed the door behind himself and took off towards the bed, where just in time Sydney made some space for himself. She didn't want to risk being squashed by Tre and losing the baby. She wrapped her arms protectively around her belly and sat on the bed, eying Tre with annoyed expression.

"Don't do that again."
"But I always do this!" he exclaimed with wide eyes. Sydney bit her lip and raised an eyebrow in thought. "Besides! You can't tell awesome man to not do awesome things! I'll do whatever I want."
"Okay Mr Trewsome... do your thing." she shrugged. Tre grinned and sprawled on the bed, making her move to the edge of the bed.
Noticing she wasn't quiet in a good mood he sat up and let out a mocking sound, crossing his arms just the way she did. She smiled a little and playfully punched his arm.
"So what brings you here?"
"Billie shouting in his room. I was scared." he said with a trembling lip. "He was so scary!"
Sydney turned to face Tre completely.
"Shouting?"
"It was all about you. I've heard them."
"She knows?"
"About what?" Tre inquired.
"He... We were kissing a-" Tre let out a yelp and started jumping in circles.
"I'll be on the wedding again. I'll be a godfather and I'll raise the kids so they'll be like me while they'll be too busy with themselves and won't notice it and then I'll move into the house and annoy the hell out of them and corrupt the kids!"
Sydney sighed and fell onto the bed.

"Tre. I can hear your plan. It's not going to work." she said, but he didn't seem to listen. "On top of that... it's a secret so better don't tell anyone!" he stopped in his actions and titled his head to the side.
"You're pregnant with me?"
"Yes!" she replied, but when she noticed the evil smirk on Tre's face and realized what he said she slapped her forehead. "I mean no. No. I'm not."
"So what's the big secret?" he put his hands on his hips, looking expectantly at her. "Are you hiding something from uncle Trewsome?"
"Yes." she sighed, rubbing her neck nervously. "The thing is that... well, only Allison and I know about it... and the doctor... and no one else can.. you'll be another one. No one else can know..." she traild off.
"Spill it!"
"I'm pregnant!" Tre chewed on his lip and rolled his eyes.
"You already said we're not having kids so..."
"With Billie!" she exclaimed frustrated and then hid under the pillows so she wouldn't see Tre or either Tre wouldn't see her.
It was silent. She didn't expect Tre to be silent. She bit her lip and tightened her grip on the pillow. Still it was silent and it didn't seem Tre was still in the room. Maybe she imagined him being there? She peeked from her pillow and saw Tre's pale face, staring blankly at her. She slowly sat up and stared at the ground, waiting for him to say something, anything.
"You are fucking pr-"
"Be quiet!" she yelled as Tre was talking so loud he could be heard outside. "Please."
"Pregnant?" he finished in a whisper, sitting next to her on the bed. "When?"
She raised her eyebrows when she noticed the huge grin on Tre's face. He's got some evil plan on his mind about the kid...
"Tre.. forget about whatever you think..."
"Oh, but I don't think about anything.." he said in an innocent voice. "Again. I was right. You two had sex after you got drunk!"
"Sh!" she hissed. "Don't mention it!"
He smirked as she couldn't stop blushing and groaned frustrated.
"Keep it to yourself!" Tre nodded his head slowly, but his smirk broadened.
"Billie, eh?"
"Oh, shut up! Why did I tell you anyway?!"
"Because you love me." Tre hugged her. "I knew that!"
"Tre... you're suffocating me!"
"You're still breathing. Gees." he let go of her and rolled his eyes. "So... Billie doesn't know."
"He can't find out! Don't tell anyone!" she exclaimed desperately, throwing her hands into the air and standing up.
"You don't look like a pregnant woman."
"Because it's not the time for big belly yet... you know." she rolled her eyes and sat back down.

The conversation went on and Sydney couldn't help, but think about future in brighter colors as Tre was talking about all the good things and how cool it will be. But they didn't know that the walls got ears. That the doors that were never closed properly held a little mystery. Both dangerous and negative for Sydney, who wasn't aware of someone eavesdropping. The anger rose in that person to the point that it was floating in the air around her. She wasn't going to back off now. She had to make it clear. She had some strong arguments now. She was sure that Sydney won't fight and Billie will never find out. It was a grudge. It was a death sentence. It was time to start the game.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is dedicated to FHTlove!, because she rock and she's the reason I'm updating so fast ^^ So, this chapter is updated specially for her. Thanks for everything! You really rock! : D