Sequel: Radiate
Status: Finished // Currently edditing/correcting the mistakes.

As I Follow This Little Lies

Angry Girlfriends

Another day seemed only to be the same one as the others. Same problems and people around. The confusion was only growing in Sydney's mind. She couldn't just ignore the looks that Billie gave her. It made her feel uneasy, hoping no one saw them staring at each other. Tre seemed to keep the promise and didn't tell anyone, but Sydney quiet doubted he could keep it to himself for the longer time. Brittany didn't show up on the breakfast or didn't show up later when the bands had to go to the concert venues. It was rather obvious Brittany would follow Billie, but somehow she was nowhere to be seen. Billie didn't talk to Sydney for some reason. Seemed like he was confused or didn't want Brittany to magically appear near them and start overreacting. Seemed like there was something to overreact about.
Sydney was walking through the corridors, looking for the back doors, so she could spend some time alone on fresh air, before the concert. It was dark from the clouds that formed on the blue sky and it seemed it'd be raining any minute. It just made the corridors look darker. She reached the door and sighed with relief as the silent and deserted corridor was making her feel uneasy.

She tried opening the door and after a while it finally opened. She smiled to herself and shook her head at her imagination starting to work and making her think about some creepy guy, who could kidnap her and kill her in some hut in the forest. Yeah, it was not an option. This couldn't happen in a place like this. Nothing like that could happen. It wasn't a horror movie, but sure that would make her life more interesting.
She sat down on the steps and stared into the distance with a bored expression on her face. She felt like just lying down on the comfy bed and doing nothing at all. Just wasting time. All alone. Seemed like a good plan, but sure enough she couldn't spend it all alone, because of people she was on tour with. They'd never leave her alone. There was no way. She rubbed her arms as a chilly wind blew, ruffling her hair a little. She ran a hand through her hair to put them out of her eyes and froze, when she heard the doors open with squeaky noise and close right away. She turned her head to see, who could that be, but saw no one. She raised her eyebrows and got to her feet. It wasn't funny at all. Or maybe she imagined this?

"Here I am." she spun around to see a blond girl glaring at her with hate. "Scared you?"
"Yeah. Pretty much." Sydney replied bluntly "It's only you."
Brittany crossed her arms and shook her head disbelievingly.
"Who did you expect? Billie Joe?"
"Why do you think I'd expect him?" Sydney asked forcing a smile and a small laugh. It was truth. Billie was the last person she expected to see this day.
"I wouldn't be surprised tough, you know?" Brittany said in a calm voice. "You two are just waiting for me to disappear and then you can act like a lovely couple, huh?"
"That's not truth." Sydney denied, shaking her head. She felt guilty.
"It is. Don't lie now. I know everything."
"What do you know? That we started talking to each other? Became good friends?" Sydney shook her head and ran a hand through her hair, gazing at the sky. "There's nothing between us."

Brittany sighed and leaned on the wall, staring at the ground mockingly. Sydney watched her carefully, biting her lip, hoping that she would stop this and finally leave her alone. How did she know where Sydney went?
"You think I'm stupid, right?" she said with a shaking voice. "That I don't see the way he looks at you. The way you look at him."
"Listen-"
"No!" Brittany exclaimed, shooting daggers at Sydney with her gaze. "You'll listen to what I have to say now!"
Sydney gulped and took a step back, while Brittany kept on glaring at her like she was about to jump at her and rip her to shreds.
"I'll not back off. I'll not let you ruin everything and have him all to yourself again. You're not worth all of this. Not at all. Why do you have to get between us again?! Don't you have everything by now? Why Billie?! I love him. I-I'm not going to just stare at you two making out, while you think I'm not around! I won't let you ruin everything, Sydney. Not this time!"
Brittany was close to tears and Sydney felt helpless. She was sure that the girl saw what happened the other day. Sydney raised her hand to her neck and rubbed it nervously, not looking at Brittany, who kept on glaring at her. Sydney licked her bottom lip and looked up, thinking about the right words to use.
"I know what you feel, but I didn't do anything with Billie."
"Liar."
"I'm not! I don't want to be with him and he's with you. That's all. The end of this sick story okay?" Brittany shook her head and laughed, making Sydney shiver.
"Are you so dumb or are you acting all this time?" Sydney opened her mouth to say something, but Brittany kept on talking in a low voice. "I saw you two yesterday. Remember now? I know that you two are not just friends. Oh, right. In Billie's case that could be friends with benefits. How far can you go to get him back? Don't you see he's using you?"
"I could tell you the same thing." Sydney replied, narrowing her eyes. "It's more likely you, who he's using."
"Shut the hell up!" Brittany yelled, clenching her fists. Sydney didn't say anything else. She couldn't let herself get into a fight with this girl right now. Not in her state.
"You know, talk about this with Billie. I guess you two have some issue in this relationship. It's destructive. I've got a concert to play. Have a nice day." she went over to the door, but before she could grab the handle, Brittany caught her arm, pulling her back close to her. "What the hell are you doing?"
"Didn't you understand me?"
"Yeah, I did." Sydney sighed heavily. "Go talk with Billie about this. Apparently he's the issue here. I don't know if you know, but I wouldn't let myself make him cheat even on you. Never."
Brittany laughed and Sydney knew something was off. Like she knew something more. Right, girls are always too jealous about the guy they're going out with. How could you feel while being jealous about Billie Joe Armstrong? A rock star that every girl would like to go out with?

"Dear Sydney. I know more than you think I know. I think that you're lying here all the time. You did make him cheat on me, while I was gone."
"You're obsessed." Sydney said in a half whisper.
"So how are you going to name your kid, huh?" Sydney's eyes widened and she stared with her mouth slightly opened at Brittany, who was looking back at her with a smirk.
"How did you k-know this?"
"Perhaps listening to what you have to say to Mr Cool is not so hard to say." Sydney went pale as Brittany continued. "Didn't they learn you to close the door and keeping secrets to yourself? What if Billie heard that? What would you do Sydney? He'd hate you."
"N-no." Sydney shook her head, backing away from Brittany. "He wouldn't. He won't find out. I can't..."
"And you won't tell him. You will stay away from Billie." Sydney looked up at Brittany with raised eyebrow.
"Do you think I can do this?" she rolled her eyes. "Don't you think you're going too far? I won't avoid him or not talk with him because you say so!"
Brittany growled and clenched her fists, with one hand reaching to her back pocket and taking out a sharp, razor knife. Sydney's eyes widened and she backed off to the door.
"Stay where you are!" Brittany yelled and Sydney obeyed, trembling with fear. "I... remember what you once said."
"W-what are you doing with this." Sydney said in a voice barely audible.
"Stay away from Billie or else..." she pointed the razor at Sydney's stomach. "You won't see this cute kid of yours. What a shame would that be!" Brittany said in a sweet voice.
"Please, don't do anything... I-I'll do whatever you won't. Just don't do this." Sydney put defensively hands in front of herself.
"Deal. Now.. don't you have a concert to play?" Brittany smirked as Sydney reached for the door knob with trembling hands and pale face, looking just like she saw a ghost. "BOO!"
Sydney jumped and ran through the doors as fast as she could, with heart beating fast and Brittany's hysteric laughter ringing in her ears. She didn't realize, pushing Billie out of way or running into the bathroom in the changing room. She didn't remember locking the bathroom door and sliding to the ground, wrapping her arms protectively around herself. All she was aware of was this fear and tears falling down her face.