Sequel: Radiate
Status: Finished // Currently edditing/correcting the mistakes.

As I Follow This Little Lies

She Gets So Sick Of Crying

After three days Sydney was free from the hospital. As much as she wanted to show it, she couldn't bring herself to even smile a weak smile. Matt never showed in the hospital, after he found out about Sydney being pregnant. Sydney thought that he had rights to do so, but she couldn't hide how much did it hurt her. He had also the rights to suspect that Billie was the father of the child.

Billie didn't seem the same after he visited her the first day. He seemed so dulled, he was so silent. He spent some time with Sydney, but not many words were exchanged between the two, as most of the time Billie was staring at the wall or Sydney. Perhaps Sydney was more interesting than the wall, because whenever she moved his eyes followed her. She didn't mind it at all. Most of the time she was sleeping or tried to concentrate on something else.

Tre spent with them most of this time. He'd come up with some crazy idea or visit with a bag full of candy's, looking like a Santa, wearing red costume and white beard. Still Billie reminded indifferent to everything. The question was why?
Mike, Dave and Allison also were there often, but they didn't stay during night, unlike Billie or Tre, who often pretended to sleep in the chair or arguing with the doctor that Sydney might not survive the night without any of them being there. Tre always managed to say something stupid...

Before Sydney left her hospital room, Tre and Dave appeared to get her. The two of them always meant problem. In her state, still being scared about her kid, jumping at any louder noise or seeing a blond girl, Sydney didn't really feel safe. Leaving with Tre and Dave didn't seem like the best idea. She was also disappointed that Billie didn't show up this time.
It was all over the news.

Sydney of Strawberry Acid and her ex-husband, Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day, were shot by Armstrong's girlfriend.


Her favorite news were Is Sydney pregnant with Billie Joe's kid? Is it the reason, why they were shot?

Brittany was locked in some dirty, dark cell, but this didn't make Sydney feel any more safe. The media wouldn't leave them alone again. Who said that you can get used to the media following you everywhere?
Tre grinned, once he saw Sydney ready to leave. Dave took her stuff and Tre handed her a big, brown bag. She could only wonder how did he manage to hide it from her behind his back. It wasn't a small bag after all.

"What's this?" she titled her head to the side, afraid to open it just yet.
"You know, bananas work soothingly with all known cases of depression!" he replied happily. "Isn't it great? You'll be smiling again!"

"Yeah, now you can't be sad or your kid will never smile. That might be kinda creepy." Dave nodded his head thoughtfully and they left the room, with Sydney looking annoyed with them already. She opened the bag only once and what she saw made her think she was in some loony bin. Bananas. Lots of them. All lying inside one bag, probably plotting some revenge on Mr Tre Cool.

"Where are the others?" she asked carefully, not to sound like she wanted someone else to come to see her.
"Interviews." Tre said in a bored tone.
"We skipped three shows." Dave added.
"Green Day didn't have to skip three shows." Sydney sighed.
"Green Day had to skip three shows." Tre replied. "Billie is a zombie and his arm doesn't want to work just yet. See? Better eat bananas and you'll be fine."
"Beware. Bananas will get you, Frank." Tre made a scared face, but soon a smile appeared back on his face.
There wasn't really a problem with everything that happened. Concerts. They could still do something with the shows. There were two problems of which one of them Sydney was forced to face as soon as she was back on the tour bus. Matt.

***
Once Sydney was back on the tour bus and Tre decided he had something important to do, while really he just wanted to go bother some girl he saw, Dave followed her closely, somehow acting anxiously, whenever Sydney talked about Matt coming back soon. She noticed that, but shrugged it off, as she knew that was probably about her being pregnant and these three shows. Matt was obsessed with whole band stuff and playing. A workaholic.
The awaiting moment came and Allison walked into the bus, followed by Matt with a gloomy mask covering his always smiley face. There was no doubt he still was pissed off. He walked straight to the bunk beds, not even once looking at his sister. Tears appeared in her eyes as she looked back at him. Even the most dirty look he could give her wasn't as bad as this. Ignorance. Like she didn't exist.

"Don't think about it. He's having a hard time." Allison tried excusing her boyfriend, but the look on her face wasn't the one that should show worry and sorrow. No. She glared at him hatefully, with some kind of reproach. "Still he should be here for you, because you need all of us in a time like this." she continued with a raised voice, so he could hear her clearly.
"Doesn't matter." Sydney sighed heavily, sitting down on the couch and putting her face in her hands. "I'll survive this also."

Dave laughed lightly, shaking his head. How many times did he hear that one simple sentence? He never met anyone as unhappy as Sydney. He wished this could end one day.
"Your life only can get boring." Dave said, while making himself a coffee. "I assure you, even you'll miss all this weird things going on and all this accidents."
"Do you mean that being pregnant is an accident?" Sydney raised her eyebrow. Dave shrugged and turned his attention to his coffee. His eyes stopped somewhere above Sydney and confused, she looked behind her to see Matt, still wearing his mask.

"Accident is not a right word." he hissed and walked closer to his three band mates. Allison decided to be quiet and not look at her boyfriend.
"Matt, please, li-"
"No. I know enough." he spat, looking livid at his sister. "Do you know what are you doing? Do you realize what happened? What you got us into?!" she stared emotionless at the ground, with tears welling up in her eyes. "You don't. You just live in this world of yours and daydream all the time about whatever and you don't see anyone around you. You're egoistic. I can't believe you even decided to go that far and get pregnant with someone. No. That's Armstrong that we're talking about."
"It's not! Leave him alone. He's not a part of this!" she hissed, getting to her feet. Matt snorted.

"Do you know how it is? One of your band mates is pregnant and you suddenly realize it's over. The end of great dream coming true. Why? Did you think that we would like to go on another tour?! Another album. Do you think he will leave it all for you? I doubt it!" she winced as his yells were getting louder. His words were like razors. If you want to get to know someone, piss him off. You'll at least know what he thinks of you.
"Fuck you, Matt." she spat with as much hate as was heard in his voice. She rose to her feet, glancing on her way at Dave and Allison, who were frozen, unable to speak. She faced her brother. The trail of her tears was still visible on her face, but not it was only anger. She felt so... empty.

"If you can't stand this, I'll help you this time. I can see the only way in this fucked up world of yours. Find yourself a new loser-singer with emotional problems. The one, who will commit everything to stand your fucked up mood whenever you come up with a new idea!" Everyone froze hearing the words coming out from Sydney's mouth. Everyone beside Matt. He only glared at his sister in silence. "I'm quitting." she said quieter and went to the bunk beds only to come back a minute later with a bag full of clothes.
"Syd?" Allison asked in a weak voice. "What-"
"I'm leaving. I'll call you. Somehow." she said, not looking at anyone and she went out the tour bus. As she walked hastily she heard Allison call her name and then yell at Matt. "Do something!"

She was glad that they weren't already on the way to another city. She wouldn't spend even minute longer on that tour bus with Matt. She didn't know where she was going, but she would find a place to stay. She had enough money. She wiped angry tears running down her face. She wasn't aware of someone calling her name. She just kept on walking.
"Stop!" a soft voice, just near her said amused. She felt a hand on her elbow and she stopped, turning to face a green eyed guy. She didn't even know he was so close. She could feel his breath on her cheek as she stared confused at him. He couldn't hide the confusion either. He crooked a smile and let go of her elbow. He looked at the bag and then back at Sydney's tear stained face.

"So, why are you running away?" he asked just like it was a normal thing for her to do. In a way, it was.
"I'm quitting the band." she replied firmly, wiping her eyes once again. "I don't need any of this."
Billie put his hands in the pockets of his jeans and looked even more confused at the ground. When he looked up, Sydney was staring somewhere ahead, biting her lip.

"You know that you shouldn't force yourself. You should rest."
"I'm not forcing myself. I'm just doing what's right."
"It's not." Billie said, in a surprisingly calm voice. His face didn't show anything and Sydney could only wonder what he really meant. Perhaps he heard everything. "You're unfair to everyone. Ignore that bastard. Your fans need you. Your friends. And what about me?"
Sydney laughed slightly when he pointed at himself and made a puppy dog face at her. "Don't you think I deserve to spend some time with you after I saved you?"
"Don't you think I'm just making everything worse? All this problems?" he made a face and shrugged.

"I don't care as long as I can kidnap you and keep as a hostage on my tour bus. I promise no one will find out." she shook her head.
"I just left my band."
"You can be my groupie then!" Billie exclaimed smiling mischievously. "Well, a pregnant groupie, but I guess I can always use you as a pillow, huh?"
"Don't be ridiculous." she rolled her eyes, but smiled a little. "Besides, I guess that Brittany might escape and still try to kill me."

She shuddered at the thought and Billie bit his lip. Without warning he took her bag and wrapped an arm around her waist, holding onto her firmly. He smiled at her mischievously once again.
"No matter what you say, your band still needs you and I'm not letting you go. Dave already looks like he's waiting for me to leave you, so he could tie you up to your bunk bed. Too bad. I'm about to do the same, but I guess you won't mind it at all. Not when I'm around."
He winked at her with a mischievous smile on his face and she rolled her eyes, hitting him playfully on the arm, but he pulled her even closer and she blushed, when his gaze didn't leave hers. After a moment he shook his head and laughed quietly.
Sydney tore her gaze away from Billie's and noticed Dave walking towards them fast. They stopped near the Green Day tour bus.

"You can't leave, you know that, right?" Dave said in a nervous voice.
"I don't know." Sydney shrugged. "I guess it was so sudden, but I don't want to see that asshole ever again."
"No, you don't think so." Dave shook his head and sighed, smiling over at Billie. "Take care of her. I guess you two might finally work things out."
"Why does it have to be Green Day bus?" Sydney asked looking annoyed. Billie chuckled and shook his head.

"You've got no other choice. You're stuck with me, Syd." she raised her eyebrow and he added quietly. "Finally." she shot him a sceptical stare and sighed defeated, walking into the bus. She didn't see Dave and Billie exchanging glances and then Dave high fived Billie. She didn't actually see anything as Tre Cool decided to suffocate her in an too friendly embrace. Yeah, Tre was too happy about her staying with them and so was Billie. He couldn't stop grinning.

***
Back on the Strawberry Acid bus, it wasn't so fun. Matt sat on the couch, with his arms crossed, somehow looking confused, but not caring that his sister just left the band. Allison stood near the doors with her arms crossed and a glare that could kill an army of armed man in no time. Dave walked out to search for Sydney. At least one of the guys was thinking in this band.

"I can't believe you can be such an asshole, Matt." Allison broke the silence with venom dripping from her words.
"I can't help it." Matt replied, not even looking at his beloved girlfriend. "We can live without her." Allison snorted and looked at him disbelievingly.
"You don't realize what you did, right?" she raised her voice, coming closer to him. "Do you even care what happens to her?"

"I can't be there for her all my life. Understand it finally, will you?!" Matt rose from his seat, glaring at Allison. She walked up to him and pushed him down on the couch.
"Listen. What if I was pregnant? Would you act the same?! Would you kick me out of this band?! Or maybe you'd suggest I should get rid of the baby,hm? Yeah, that's probably what you think! She should do it, right?" he reminded speechless. "It's none of your business, whose the father. She'll tell when she wants. When she'll feel the time is right. Don't force her! You might lose your sister and what then?!"

Matt narrowed his eyes, not about to make up any excuses about this. In reality he was worried about his little sister, but again everything got complicated. She fucked up everything, while she just could move on and live a normal life. Now he could only see Sydney living alone, depressed, with a kid asking whose the father or rather where's the father.

"So you know, whose the father." he said shaking his head. "I can't believe you too..."
"None of your business. You know, I might reconsider this relationship. What if really I am pregnant? I can't stay here then!"
He went pale and looked at Allison with wide eyes. "What? Don't you know there's always such a possibility?"

"Allison, please stop this. I need you." he said in a quiet voice.
"Oh? Why?" she raised her eyebrow, sitting on the other end of the couch and watching him closely. "Does it mean you suddenly realized what an asshole you are? Did you just picture me running away like that or are you afraid I might leave you even now and find some-"
"Shut the hell up!" he suddenly yelled raising to his feet. "Don't make things eve more complicated! I'm sick of all this mess! If I ever knew-" he never managed to finish his sentence as Allison smacked him in the face and left confused Matt in the room.
"Call me when my Matt will decide to appear again. I don't need to put up with an asshole like you." Allison glared at him last one time, before disappearing in the room with the bunk beds.
♠ ♠ ♠
Only 7 chapters left. I've got only 6 left to write ^. - Last chapter is already written ^^ Happy? :p