Sequel: Radiate
Status: Finished // Currently edditing/correcting the mistakes.

As I Follow This Little Lies

Take Care Of You

Sydney lied on the only one bunk bed that wasn't yet occupied by any member of Green Day. She went straight there, when Billie made sure she had everything she needed. She wanted to get away from anyone right then. She was lying on her bed, pretending she was asleep, but tears were slowly rolling down her face, soaking the cushion under her head. A quiet sob was heard once in a while. With the time passing by, she controlled it and felt angry at herself, for crying again. When Billie walked in, she closed her eyes and pretended she was asleep. He didn't even bother to disturb her. She listened carefully, to find out what was he doing. His bunk bed made a cracking noise and then he sighed exhausted. She cracked one eye open and the corners of her mouth twitched upwards in a small smile, watching him falling asleep.

His chest raised and fell down rhythmically in a peaceful sleep. Sydney sighed quietly and turned her back on him, not to torture herself with looking at him all the time. That would make her only to want go cuddle next to him.

What would he do?


She placed a pillow over her head, trying desperately to stop thinking about anything. She felt so helpless and lost. Just like she was trapped in the darkest dead end, with a crazy psycho coming closer to her with every passing minute. She wanted to forget about wake everything. She hoped at least for a minute of silence.
Her mind seemed to be like a crowded, noisy room and she needed a distraction. When sleep didn't come she sighed frustrated and quietly left to see what Mike and Tre were doing. Surprisingly it was silent. No sign of Tre Cool. She walked up to the couch and found Tre sleeping soundly, with chips all over him. Mike was awake, tough he was watching TV without paying attention to anything else. It seemed like every place she went to was becoming so monotone and lifeless. With a silent sigh she headed to the little kitchen and took a bottle of water and decided to try fall asleep. It had to be the weather to cause that everyone acted so weird. The other option was that everyone were going crazy. Without expectations.

She opened the door and closed them as quietly as she could, but still she managed to get Billie's attention, who yawned and looked at her tiredly.
"Sorry! I didn't mean to wake you up." she bit her lip, looking at him apologetically. He shook his head and smiled.
"I woke up when you left actually."
"Liar." she rolled her eyes and walked up to her bed to lie down. She didn't expect Billie to join her there. She moved to the wall to make some room for him and he lied down next to her. Suddenly she felt quiet nervous. Everything what Billie did, was making her nervous. He smiled at her and took the water from her hands examining it and then placing on the floor. They were stuck in this silence and no one quiet knew what to say. Billie was whistling quietly some melody and Sydney kept on glancing at him once in a while.
"Billie, you don't have to help me. You don't have to feel sorry for anything. It doesn't concern you."
"But you're wrong." Billie said quickly, turning his head to look into her eyes. "It's not pity. I can't let you walk away."
"Why?" she raised her eyebrow. "It doesn't concern you, really."
"But you're my... friend. I want to help you. What we've went through lately... well, that's kind of... weird, but listen, you can't run away from everything. We've been trough this. Eventually, you have to face everything. The truth, Matt, fans, everything..."

She bit her lip and covered her face with her hands.
"What kind of truth?" Billie didn't reply. He stared at the wall in front of him, thinking about something. Sydney slightly furrowed her eyebrows, hoping he'd share his thoughts with her.
"Do you have sometimes this feeling that... even if something goes wrong than in the end it turns out good? Like... you had to lose what you loved to appreciate it?"
"Um.. well, kinda?" she propped her head on her elbow and looked at him interested. "I don't know if I got it right, tough." Billie smiled a little and looked at her with his sparkling eyes.
"I wouldn't know how much I care about you, if Brittany didn't try to take you away from me. Maybe it sounds stupid, but after that day I finally realized that I can't just wait and do nothing, while some other guy might steal you from me. I didn't even know that you had someone..."
He half smiled and sighed quietly as Sydney looked at him nervously.
"You didn't really think like that, right?" Billie raised his eyebrow. "I wasn't seeing anyone. I guess you didn't hear me right in the hospital."
"Um.. about that 'one time tournee', you called it like that - wait. You had to be drunk or on drugs... you wouldn't do that." she looked at him reluctantly, with a mixed feelings on her face.

"Drunk."
"Drunk?" he groaned. "Damn. If I met that bastard I'd kick his ass! Do you even remember him?"
Sydney looked at him incredulously and was ready to explain everything to him, feeling very nervous. He raised his hand in the air, stopping her from saying anything.
"I should have told you everything earlier. I've had so many chances and wasted them all."
"Billie, listen-"
"I should have dump Brittany, ask you for forgiveness and never again leave your side. None of this would happen!" he exclaimed as she lied down, rolling her eyes at Billie's sudden enlightenment. He scooted closer to her, wrapping his arm around her and looking down at her smiling. "Can you let me repair everything?"
"But you-"
"Please?" he pouted at her. She shook her head, rolling her eyes once again, but smiled at him.
"Fine. Fine." she chuckled. "Just let me say something once in a while!"
"Okay!" he grinned down at her and lied down, holding her in his embrace. "I'll take care of you and... your kid."
"You what?" she asked in a quiet, shocked voice.
"I'll make sure you've got everything. Now rest. You need some sleep." she bit her lip, but did as he said. It didn't seem as he would let her say another word. She knew that she got herself in a huge mess.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm SO sorry for not updating:x I hope all of you can forgive me? I won't write down all my explanations why I didn't update cos that's not a place for stuff like this. I hope you can understand it. I'll try posting the next one faster. I know this chapter sucks and it's horrible, but for some reason I couldn't get through this o.O

Thanks for all the comments. Love you guys! ^^