Sequel: Radiate
Status: Finished // Currently edditing/correcting the mistakes.

As I Follow This Little Lies

Ran So Far Away

"So, where were you last night, Mrs. Armstrong?" Trè said putting his magnifying glass closer to Sydney's face. She glared at him and didn't say a thing.

Since he found her sleeping on the couch this morning he kept on asking her the same questions and when he didn't get any reply to them and she didn't seem to mind him talking so much, he tied her up to a chair. He didn't need anyone’s help. Mike was watching curiously from the kitchen, drinking his coffee, while Billie was out to get new strings for his guitar. Well, that's what he said. Sydney felt it wasn't exactly that.

For past two hours Trè was investigating' on what she might be doing with suspicious guy and then at night when she left.

"That's not really interesting so let me go. It's seriously boring, Trè." she said bluntly.

"I know there's something you're not telling me!" he exclaimed.

"Wow. When did you figure it out?! After two hours I didn't say a thing and I don't plan on doing so!"

"Ah.. Angry, are we?" he crossed his arms and looked at her with narrowed eyes. "Who was that Mr. Suspicious?"

"Oh, please..." she shook her head. There was no way Trè would shut up, but that wasn't his problem. He didn't have to be a part of this silly argument with Billie. "My brother. Remember Matt? He used to hate you all. Happy?" Trè raised his eyebrows and looked towards kitchen where Mike was sitting. They exchanged glances and Trè took a deep breath.

"So...where were you with your brother?" she rolled her eyes.

"My family life is not interesting."

"Oh, but I want to know." he smirked. "So what you did you do with your brother?" her eyes widened as Trè made some air quotes and waited for her reply.

"Ew. Trè..? Are you suggesting something? I'm going to throw up, I guess." she shook her head. "Matt and I were at the mall, ate something and then he left me at my job."

"Aha."

"So that was your…elder brother-asshole...”

"Yes I sa-"

"I knew that. I guessed without you saying that." Sydney muttered something under her breath and glared at him.

"So..."

"So?"

"What happened to Billie? He's barely speaking to you or even looking at you." she smiled weakly and looked down. "Hey... what, he doesn't believe you?" Trè laughed and then stopped when he noticed pained expression on her face.

"EW!" Trè exclaimed. "He's paranoid. He'll get over it." he chuckled.

"Well, I hope so." If not then it may be worse. When Matt will find out something’s wrong or worse... Gees.

"Smile now!"

"Huh?" she raised her eyebrows at Trè. "You're way too nice to cheat on anyone. I'm saint if you do so!" he smirked.

"Ha, ha." Sydney looked at the window. "Since you know everything can I go?" Trè shook his head.

"Nooooo. Have fun!" he said and a while later left with Mike, as Sydney stared at the door with wide eyes.

"Hey...” she realized he was gone. "Come back here and let me go!!!" she yelled and tried to get rid of the rope, but it was tied around her firmly.

An hour later, at 3 pm, Billie Joe was back. He kicked off his shoes and looking around for someone, he spotted Sydney sleeping on the chair. He even considered walking away and leaving her like that, but that was kind of cruel and…did she really deserve it? He slowly made his way towards her and removed the cord quickly. Her eyes fluttered open and with frown she watched as he got rid of the cord and threw it on nearby armchair.

"Thanks." she said quietly, not looking at him. He smiled weakly, but then stood up and stared the opposite direction.

"Trè tied you up?"

"Yea." she said and coughed. The effects of walking at night and being tired. Billie nodded his head and sat on a couch, turning on the TV.
Sydney headed to the kitchen to get some medicines for a upcoming cold. Then she returned to the living room and sat on the other end of the couch. Billie was watching some videos on MTV. She glanced at him sadly and looked away, staring at the carpet.
"If there's something you want to tell me, do so."

She sighed and closed her eyes as if considering what to do.

"There's nothing to talk about... I guess."

"There are a lot of things." Billie replied looking at her angrily.

"Like?"

"Cheating." he glared "Things that took place while I was gone."

"Oh, please, stop it finally!" she exclaimed with horsed voice. She coughed a little. "I told you everything already."

"We were barely talking." he raised his voice a little bit.

"Cause you was drunk." she replied.

"I was perfectly fine!" he crossed his arms and glared at her.

"Sure, and my wrist is perfectly fine also!" she screamed and winced as her throat hurt a little. She pulled up her sleeve and showed him red mark he left her from overusing strength. His eyes widened, but still he reminded speechless.

"You don't trust me, do you?" Sydney asked after couple of minutes passed.

"I don't"

"Right. I see it's a waste of time." she stood up and went towards the stairs.

"We haven't finished yet!" Billie yelled going after her and blocking her way.

"Yes, we did!"

"I don't think so." Sydney sighed heavily.

"I told you the truth. You don't trust me. The end of story." she said staring straight into his eyes.

"There must be something you're not telling me."

"Oh, please shut up finally!" Sydney growled.

"I will not!" he exclaimed as suddenly the doors opened.

"Don't you ever yell at my sister, you loser!" Matt entered the house glaring at Billie as if he was going to kill him. Billie crossed his arms and returned the glare.

Color from Sydney's face drained as both of them tried to kill each other with just glares.

"I did not invite you here so get out." Billie hissed dangerously.

"You will not tell me what to do." Matt came closer and so did Billie. Sydney bit her lip watching the situation nervously.

"Get out."

"Syd. Pack up. We're leaving."

"She's not going anywhere with you" Billie looked at her as if checking on what she was going to do. She looked from Billie to Matt not knowing what to do.

"I don't know." Matt shook his head. "My sister is maybe stupid as she fell for some loser like you, but I don't understand why the hell she would cheat on you and lying about that."

"Maybe you don't know her." Billie shrugged, still glaring.

"Right. I don't know my sister. It seems like you don't know her." Matt laughed darkly. "Now, the only one who's capable on cheating is you! And if I were her I would consider what you did while you was gone!"

Sydney didn't know who throw the first blow, but all she knew, was that Billie was punching her brother rapidly. Just then roles changed and Matt pushed Billie onto the wall. Billie pushed away Matt and punched him directly into his left eye. Sydney couldn't take it any longer. She ran between the two to stop them, but they pushed her away, not aware of what they just did.

She groaned as she hit the wall and slid down, feeling horrible pain in her back.

Billie stopped dead in his action as he realized what just happened. Matt stared with his mouth open, staring at his sister. Both of them fell to their knees, in front of her, asking, whether she was okay.

"Shut up you both!" she hissed. They fell silent as she glared at them.

"Let me help you." Matt said in a soft voice as he took her by her arm. She shook his hand off.

"Sydney...” Billie started.

"Both of you! Leave me alone! I hate you so much!" she hastily got up, put on her shoes, which where lying next to the door and once again ran away. She was always running away.