Sequel: Radiate
Status: Finished // Currently edditing/correcting the mistakes.

As I Follow This Little Lies

Never Stop

Everything seemed so right like in a fairytale. Billie was always there with Sydney and Matt started to act like a human being. He apologized, but it still felt awkward for the siblings to talk like they used to. Matt wanted still to find out who was the father and Sydney always changed the topic. Allison pretended she didn't know either whenever he asked her about it.
Sydney was so happy that she almost forgot about this little secret that Billie didn't know the truth. He seemed so excited about everything, but she noticed after quite some time the way he looked at her sometimes.

Regret.

She didn't know what should she do about this. Only tell him the truth it seemed, but she didn't know if that's the right thing to do now. Of course it was. She was just afraid.
That day nothing seemed ordinary, expect for the concert, short interview, Matt begging for forgiveness once again, Tre and Dave devastating the dressing room.
Sydney was enjoying the silence as it was hard to get some privacy or a room without screaming guys or music blasting so loud that she couldn't collect her thoughts.
When Billie Joe entered her room, she sat up on her bed, grinning at him. He croaked a smile and sat on bed next to her, not saying anything.

"What?" she asked raising her eyebrow, looking at him curiously.
"I hope that you're not tired after the concert?" he grinned, taking her hand into his. She scooted closer to him.
"Of course not." she beamed. "I'm just bored."
"Good." he smiled mischievously. "Will you go out with me to the dinner?"
"What?" she asked, taken aback. He gazed into her eyes as she was staring at him wide eyed.
"Sydney, will you go out with me?" he asked again in a soft voice. "If you don't want to then...I understand. It's fine. Really."
"Billie, what are you talking about!" she exclaimed, putting her hand on his arm as he looked down, looking a little sad. "Of course I'll go out with you. Wherever you want!"
She threw herself into his arms and he wrapped his arms around her, beaming. She pulled away and smiled, looking into his eyes. He raised his hand and caressed her cheek. It felt so right and he didn't want to ever leave her side as he gazed into her eyes. Until this moment nothing felt so right. He was so close to repairing everything.
"Why don't you take your time to prepare and I'll be back in-"
"15 minutes." she cut him off and went hastily to her bag, looking for something that could look good. Billie smiled and went out the door, glancing at her before he closed he doors behind himself.

Sydney looked at herself in the mirror once again, if she was ready. She had her hair down, straightened. The black eyeliner and blue eye shadow were carefully applied and re-done until it was perfect. She was wearing a plain black, knee length skirt and a black and red, striped t-shirt. Her belly was visible already and she realized she'd need some new clothes really soon.
There was a knock on the doors and she rushed to open them.
Billie stood there with a single red rose, hair perfectly spiked up and in his black clothes. She smiled at him as he handed her the flower. She went to put it in the water and laughed at how ridiculous it looked. She forgot how it felt, how it was to get all excited over a date.
She hastily joined Billie and after locking the door they went to the elevator. Neither of them spoke until they were reaching the door of the hotel.

"You look so pretty, you know?"
"You don't look bad either, Billie." she smiled at him as he slid his arm around her waist, chuckling. He lead her out of the hotel and to the black, shiny car at the sight of which she gasped and covered her mouth, looking from Billie to it.
"You rented a car?"
"Yeah." he winked at her, opening the door for her and when he was already in, he ran to the other side and soon they were driving down the street. They reached in a short time a nice looking restaurant and Sydney frowned at why did he take a car if they could just walk there?
Billie helped her out of the car and they entered the restaurant and then they were lead to the more private area in the restaurant. When they were left alone Sydney finally found the words to speak.

"So, why?"
"Because." he replied smiling mischievously.
"Billie!"
"But you know, pony!"
"Pony? You didn't call me that...oh my...you're serious, huh?"
He had a huge grin plastered to his face and his emerald eyes were shining in a funny way. Sydney blushed and looked down, smiling all the time.
"I want everything back like it was. I know, I was an idiot to let you go. I don't want to go through this again. Will you forgive me?"
"Forgive you?" Sydney looked at him, not smiling anymore. "How could I forgive you if I did that so long ago? I don't dream about anything else than being with you again, Billie Joe. You should know that. I guess so..."
He took her hand and couldn't take his eyes off of her. He so wished this would never end.
She opened her mouth to say something, but there came a flash and she looked alarmed at Billie. He looked around and his eyes grew as he noticed paparazzi outside of the restaurant, taking photos all the time.

"I think it's the end of our date, huh?" Sydney said in a concerned voice.
"Over my dead body!" he exclaimed standing up.
"Billie-"
"Come on." he said, waving over the waiter. He looked so pissed off and after a moment Billie took her hand and they went out to their car, hearing so many questions and they had the camera's in their faces. At this point Billie was pissed off and when someone pushed Sydney, so she stumbled into him, he looked like he was about to kill that person and Sydney had to drag him away from the poor guy.

Once they were safe in the car, Billie kept on swearing and holding onto the steering wheel like he was about to pull it out and throw out through the window. Suddenly he started the car and they were speeding down the road.
"Billie, it's okay. We can go somewhere else." Sydney assured him, laughing a little to lighten the situation a little.
"No, it was supposed to be only the two of us. And those damned paparazzi had to show up. How the hell did they know?!"
"Just...relax." she said, laying her hand on his arm and massaging it a little. "Really. Anywhere with you will be perfect. Just calm down and we can think of something..."
He smiled at her and sighed.
"You make it sound so simple." he shook his head. "They just destroyed our date and you're so calm..." he shook his head disbelievingly.
"We don't have to be in that fancy restaurant to have some fun, right?"
"What do you suggest?" he glanced at her.
"I feel like eating a cheeseburger." he chuckled, shaking his head. "Really."
He decided to find the closest MC Donald and then when he did he got them something to eat.

"It's not really what I planned for this evening." he confessed as they ate in the car, on some empty parking lot.
"Oh, I'm sure of it." she giggled. "You know, you can't get always what you want."
"But I've got what I wanted the most!" he exclaimed winking at her. "And you know what? I'm about to ask you to dance with me!"
"Dance?"
"Yes. Dance." he grinned. "Here?"
"Outside of the car!"
"Duh! I know that!" he rolled his eyes and went to the other side of the car to help her out. She giggled when he wrapped his arms around her once she was out of the car.
He was at first humming a song and Sydney lied her head on his arm as they were slowly dancing to the song.
After a while Billie stopped humming, but they didn't stop their slow dance.
"I love you." he buttered out. Sydney tensed in his arms and picked her head to look at him. They stood staring at each other silently. Sydney didn't know at first what to say and Billie grew nervous.

"I-I shouldn't have said that." he said quietly, letting go of her.
"You meant it?" she asked in the same, silent voice. "You do?"
"Yes, I do." he replied, taking a deep breath. A small smile appeared on her confused face and she threw her arms around Billie's neck and his eyes widened in surprise as he again wrapped his arms around her. She then looked at him and without any warning kissed him, pulling away before Billie could respond to the kiss.
"Billie, I love you too." she buried her head in his shoulder. "And you don't know how much."
"I don't?" he frowned. "I think you don't know that either!" she laughed shaking her head at him. "I've got something for you."
"Will you ever stop surprising me today?" she asked suddenly.
"You want me to stop?" he raised his eyebrow.
"No." she replied after a second of thinking. She didn't want him to stop surprising her ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think it's the worst chapter I ever wrote and I'm asking you guys to forgive me for this. : x I was just feeling so bad about not updating this as this one has only... 4 chapters until the end? Yeah. Guilty.