Sequel: Radiate
Status: Finished // Currently edditing/correcting the mistakes.

As I Follow This Little Lies

If I Gave You The Truth

They were lying in the darkness of a hotel room. Sydney was awake and was watching Billie as he slept. He had his arms securely wrapped around her. She smiled softly thinking how adorable he looked. She couldn't stop thinking about this date. Every little moment was running through her mind and she could feel the pain in her chest getting sharper as she couldn't bear the lie she kept on telling him. She knew that if it keeps going like that, she might break down completely. She couldn't lie to him. Not to him.

When the sleep overcame her she had some nightmares and kept on turning in her bed, from time to time hearing Billie whispering to her softly. It seemed like she woke him up a couple of times.

When the morning came Billie was already up, when she woke up. He was in new clothes and had a breakfast set on the little coffee table. She slowly sat up in bed and yawned, covering her mouth. She stretched her arms and got out of her bed.

"Morning, love!" Billie grinned noticing she was awake. "You didn't sleep well, huh?"
"I had some nightmares." she shrugged, going to grab some clothes and quickly ran off to the bathroom. She kept on telling herself to get some new clothes since her belly was growing and she was running out of over sized t-shirts and baggy jeans. After around fifteen minutes she got out from the bathroom. Billie was watching TV, waiting for her to join him for breakfast.

"I took pancakes. Should I get you something else or do you want them too?" he asked when she sat next to him.
"No, it's okay. I feel like eating pancakes." she smiled at him softly. He wrapped his arm around her, pulling her closer and kissed her gently. "What was that for?"
Billie crooked a smile and kissed her again after what he started eating his breakfast. Sydney smiled a little and took her plate, eating in silence.

When they were finished Billie started searching for something in his pocket and Sydney just sat there, glancing at him from time to time. He grinned when he found what he was looking for and looked directly at her.

"I've got something for you!"
"Too bad. I don't have anything for you." Sydney raised her eyebrow.
"You'll get me something later." he smiled mischievously. "Um, so I have this for you. I hope you'll like it."
He showed her a silver necklace with a small heart and even smaller sparkling diamond in it. She gasped, covering her mouth.

"Do you like it?"
"You're serious? For me?" she asked looking from him to the necklace.
"Not for Tre obviously!" he sighed dramatically.
"Billie...wow. I never got something like this. Never."
"So you like it?" he grinned.
"Of course!" she threw herself into his arms and hugged him tightly. Billie chuckled, wrapping his arms around her. After a moment she pulled away, looking into his green eyes.

"Now you got me feeling guilty."
"Just put it on. It's my promise to you that I'll marry you as soon as I can."
Her eyes widened and she grew speechless. Billie bit his lip, realizing he shouldn't bring this up just yet. She smiled and lifted her hair, turning her back to him so he could put the necklace on. He put it around her neck carefully and after a moment it was resting on her neck, looking like it was made only to hang around her neck.

She turned around looking at Billie with a huge smile on her face. She was about to say something, but unfortunately someone had to walk into the room.
"Did I interrupt something?" Dave asked, raising his eyebrow, looking from Billie to Sydney.
"No, not really." Sydney said in a calm voice. "Why did you come here?"
"We're leaving. Again. USA is waiting!" Dave grinned. "Home! We'll be home next month!"
"Oh." Sydney looked down and then at Billie.

"But can't you come back to Berkeley?" she frowned and looked at the ground.
"Actually, that sounds great." Dave exclaimed. "I'll have to tell it to Matt and Ali. They will so love the idea!"
He ran out the room, leaving the two alone. Sydney got to her feet and sighed heavily. Billie raised his eyebrow.
"You wanted to tell me something?" he asked as she bit her lip, looking back at him. "Tell me, if you want."
"No, it's actually nothing." she sighed. "I just fought what would be your reaction if I told you the truth..."
"About moving back to Berkeley?" she didn't reply and Billie took it as a silent 'yes' to his question. "I'd be the happiest guy alive!"

***
The buses stopped on the gas station. Everyone were occupied with something beside Sydney and Tre, who were hanging out near the buses. Sydney sighed heavily, leaning on the bus as Tre tried to stand on his head, falling every now and then.

"What's bothering you, pink pony princess!" he got up to his feet after another failed attempt and bowed his head at Sydney.
"You should know what it is." she looked up from the ground at him. "You and Allison only know. That bothers me. This little thing."
"Oh." Tre rubbed his chin in thought and then sat on the ground, eying Sydney.
"When are you telling him about Billie Junior?"
"How can you know that it'll be a boy?" she raised her eyebrow. "Maybe it's a girl?"
"It must be a boy. Then I'll learn him everything I-"
"No, Tre. You won't learn our kid anything!"
"Our." he smirked at Sydney. She slapped her forehead.

"Mine and Billie's!" she sighed frustrated and started pacing around Tre, playing with her necklace.
Tre kept on looking at her and after a moment he got dizzy.
"Could you stop?"
"No." she replied not even looking him. "Better help me."
"How do you want me to help you, huh?"
"I don't know." she whispered. She stopped to look at Tre for a second, but then she shook her head and started pacing again.
"What?"
"How do I tell him this?"
"Tell him about this?"

"Yes!" she hissed, throwing her hands into the air. Tre wasn't helping her as she was getting more and more frustrated. He seemed to sense it and decided not to make her even more frustrated with him.
"Why don't you just go and tell him 'Billie, darling, you'll be a dad!!'" he said in a girlie voice. Sydney bit her lip, thinking that this could be the worst thing to do.
"He'll hate me."
"Believe me, he's rambling about this since he found out you were pregnant. He'd be the happiest man alive if you told him."
"But I lied him." she sighed. "He'll definitely hate me."
"Why don't you go and just let it out."
"Because I know how will he react!" she exclaimed. She started pacing again, but as she didn't see any other escape from this situation, she had to admit that Tre's plan was the only one that could work in some way.

"Tre. Get up."
"What?"
"Get up. You'll act Billie and I---never mind. Just do this." she motioned for him to get up and with a groan he did so and stood in front of her.
"Okay, so, um...listen Billie, I...I'm pregnant."
"I know this, love!" Tre said in a voice trying to mimic Billie. Sydney chuckled.
"I..."
"Say it!" Tre urged her. "Say it that you're pregnant with Billie! Scream it out!"
She rolled her eyes.
"I can't tell him, really. I can't. It's pointless." she buried her head in her hands.
"Tell me what."
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope that you guys liked it? I have only 3 parts left of which only two chapters to write! I know it takes me lots of time. I'm so sorry for this. : / I'll excuse myself with a constant writer's block. It won't leave me alone. :/