Sequel: Radiate
Status: Finished // Currently edditing/correcting the mistakes.

As I Follow This Little Lies

Why Her? Still Together?

"Yea, but you should tell us earlier, Brittany." Mike said angrily, while Billie and Trè didn't pay much attention to the two arguing, again about the same thing.

"Listen, Mike. You should understand me here!" she shot quick glance at Billie. "I had to do this."

"You're just selfish. That's why. What if we don't find any place to stay?" Brittany shrugged and crossed her arms.

"Okay. Enough of this." Billie got up from the couch. "I'll go save my girl from boredom now."

"Billie!" Brittany went after him to the doors, ignoring stares Mike and Trè gave her. What the Hell?! Billie thought.

Billie stopped and turned on his heels to look at her.

"Yep?"

"I..." she looked into his green eyes as looking for answer to some question. She looked away after a while. Billie looked impatiently at the clock. He had some time, but he didn't want Sydney to wait for him...

"I didn't want everything to be-"

"Save it." he said suddenly. "Syd is waiting for me."

He walked out the door, Brittany following him with angry expression on her face.

"It's always about her! From the day I introduced her to you! It was always about her! Why?! What about me?! You know me longer than her! I... I don't get it!" he raised his eyebrows at her, feeling slightly uneasy around her.

"Uh... you know... I'm really grateful for introducing us back then, but... I thought we're best friends... " he sighed and took out his car keys from his pocket. "Why did you lie to me that she cheated on me?"

She glared at him and then laughed emotionlessly.

"You're stupid or blind. Maybe it's better this way."

"You mean?"

"Everybody knows this. Sooner or later you two will say goodbye to each other. You don't know much about her. She doesn’t know you..."

"I don't see a problem here. We're getting along and I love her."

"You... you wh-what?!" she shrieked. "You l-love her?! Her?!"

"I've got to go." Billie said ignoring her questions, since he knew she would keep on asking all this unimportant questions.

"Billie!"

"We'll maybe talk later. See you." he got into his car and drove away, leaving confused and hurt girl staring after his car.

***

"Almost done!" Sydney exclaimed happily as she put on the bookcase two last books from the box. They got delivery today of some new books. Earlier she and Harry, other employee were carrying some of them. Harry was tall, red headed guy. He was that nerdy type of guy. Nice and shy.

"Hey, Sydney. Maybe after we finish in here... we could... um. .. You know... Um...”

"Hey! It's almost over! Ali will be here soon!!" Sydney exclaimed ignoring him completely.

"You and Alison are friends again?"

"Yea. I can't be angry at her for too long. That doesn't feel right."

"Oh, right. So... Sydney... Do you... have any pl-"

"Syd?" Billie's voice was heard after the little bell near the doors rang.

"Billie!!!" she squealed as she noticed him.

"Is this guy...? I thought you two are not together. " he said with disappointment heard in his voice as Sydney wrapped her arms around Billie's neck.

"What would give you that idea?" Sydney looked back at him.

"Well.... you was alone for 6 months!"

"Oh, right." Sydney chuckled.

"I was on a tour with my band." Billie grinned. "And next time I'm taking you with me." he kissed her on the lips. Harry quickly looked away, feeling jealous. "Can we go?"

"Sure!" she walked over to the back room and a minute later she was back with her backpack. "See you tomorrow, Harry!"

"Yea... see you." he said gloomily.

Billie and Sydney went out from the store, holding hands and without any word went towards Billie's car.

"That guy was disappointed when he heard you're taken." Billie smirked.

"So..?" she looked at him confused.

"I'm happy it's not me who was disappointed."

"What are you talking about?" Sydney laughed. Billie shrugged.

"Where do you want to go?"

"I don't know... wherever you want."

"No. You pick where we go, I take us there."

"Who cares? I don't know. You pick."

"No. You have to say."

"No... I don't know."

"You never know...” Billie stated.

"So?"

"Nothing. I would like to hear you decided something for a change." he smiled.

"Oh. I don't know..."

"Not again... please? Where do you want to go?"
He cast a glance at her while she didn't say anything.

"Let's... eat something!"

"Okay. Where?"

"Um... Pizza? Anywhere?" Billie chuckled. "Hey…at least I decided something!"

"Yea, right." Sydney hit Billie on the arm

"You're mean."

"It's not my fault you got problems with saying what you want."

"Yea, blame my parents for turning me into a nice kid."

"And hating me for marrying you."

"But I love you." she pouted.

"You do?" Billie grinned. She blushed.

"Oh... well. Seems like I said that."

"I love when you're blushing. Just like... when we were dating each other. Or...”

"Okay, okay! Let's go eat something finally! I hate when you start saying what I did"

"But you love me." she raised her eyebrows at him. He leaned towards her and gave her a quick peck on the lips.

"So... Now we'll eat something."

"But... I could cook something." Billie rolled his eyes.

"Sorry, no Trè, Mike or Brittany today!"

"Huh?"

"Don't ask." he smiled. "I spent too much time with them."

"Oh. OK." she frowned, looking ahead at the road.

He was actually right. They didn't spend much time together a lot. She was working in this bookstore and he was spending time with Mike and Trè and probably Brittany. Sydney was happy about one thing. When they'll move out there will be no more death glares from Brittany. No more nasty sentences about herself. And maybe Mike would accept her finally.. Maybe. In the end they all say some things won't last long.