Sequel: Radiate
Status: Finished // Currently edditing/correcting the mistakes.

As I Follow This Little Lies

Since Now It Can Only Be Better

That day, Matt walked into the bookstore and the first person he saw was red haired guy, named Harry. He had a crush on Sydney since ever. He was talking with Allison, looking quite depressed. Matt walked over to them with a big grin on his face.

"Hey, guys!" he exclaimed "What's up?"

"Nothing interesting. Cool you visited us here." Allison beamed.

"Where's Sydney?"

"She left with her boyfriend." Harry replied sternly.

"Husband." Matt said with a heavy sigh. "That can't get any worse...” Allison rolled her eyes.

"Why all of you are against Billie? He's a good guy."

"Good guy?!" both Matt and Harry exclaimed looking at her like she was crazy. Allison raised her eyebrows.

"He is."

"I'm so afraid about the future." Matt shook his head.

"Get over it. She's happy!" she said in sing song voice.

"I hope there won't be kids from this relationship." he said sternly. "That would be really bad..."

"I... I'll be better going home." Harry said sounding really depressed. Alison and Matt watched as he exited the store and went somewhere.

"Did you have to bring up that topic?" she said angrily. "This guy doesn't need to hear about their future kids. You don't know how it is to have no chance to be with someone and hear about their relationship?"

"Hey, hey! Chill out. I just wanted to talk with you."

"Oh." she frowned. "You never want to talk with me."

"I want now." he smirked. "Listen, I need a great guitarist?" she shook her head. "Okay. I know one. But I don't know if she'll agree to this."

"Huh?" she looked at him shocked. "Why don't you ask that person then? I don't get why you came here." he chuckled.

"Will you play in my band?"

"Oh, but I'm not a great guitarist."

"I don't care. So?"

"O-OK!" she grinned.

***

After Billie and Sydney ate dinner, Billie decided to take her to the Berkeley Pier. He knew well that she loved to watch the sunset there. There were some people walking with their families, staring into the distance, talking. Billie put his arm around Sydney's waist and she did the same.

"We should go out more often." Sydney said admiring the view as they walked.

"Yea. More often." Billie kissed the top of her head. She placed her head on his shoulder and sighed happily. What else could a girl want?

He glanced at her with a smile plastered to his face.

When they reached the end of the pier, they sat down, with their legs dangling from the pier.

"You're not going to work in that bookstore forever, huh?"

"I hope not. But what else can I do? I dropped out like you..." she smiled. "Maybe I'll work in library, hm?"

"Hm...” he smirked.

"That bookstore is not that bad." she smiled.

"When we'll finally make it you won't work there." Billie grinned. "And then we'll live in a big house."

"Maybe not too big? I don't like big places... especially when I'm alone." she smiled weakly. "My imagination is working too well, I guess. Not working would be kind of boring... I have to do something, BJ."

They fell silent and stared ahead, not knowing what to say. And there was a lot of to talk about.

"You know, all of this... still seem new to me."

"What do you mean?"

"Us together. Me not playing in a band anymore. You left for this tour and... everything seemed to change. We even don't know anymore what to talk about." she looked at him sadly. He looked down admitting to himself, no matter how much he hated the truth, she was right.

"We were only 4 of 10 months together, but now we have a lot of the time to do something with it."

"Until you'll record next album." she sighed.

"You're going on next tour with me. I won't leave you here again." he hugged her. Sydney leaned in to him and kissed him tenderly. Billie smiled into the kiss and pulled her closer. She wrapped her hands around his neck as he depend the kiss. After a while she pulled away.
"Billie? Do we have a new place to stay?" Billie groaned

"Sydney?!" she smirked.

"What, BJ?" he shook his head.

"I can't believe you think about such things while you're with me! And in the moment like this!" he pouted. "You think about something else while you got me?!"

"Believe me, it's really hard to think." she kissed him on the cheek and laid her head on his arm. "But talking about new house.."
"Trust me. I'll take care of it." she smiled weakly, registering the words trust me. She wasn't as sure about this as it seemed. Billie didn't care much about a new place to stay. She was afraid they wouldn't find anything in 2 days... Billie frowned as he noticed her worried expression.

"You don't trust me?"

"I do. I do." she looked at the dark water. "I'm just afraid what you got on mind" he smirked.

"I'll take care of you and our kids, don't worry." Sydney coughed, as she heard him. She looked shocked and confused at him.
"W-what?! K-kids? B-Billie.. I-I'm j-just 20! I don't think- " Billie burst out laughing, falling backwards. Tears formed in the corners of his eyes as he couldn't stop laughing. Sydney stared at him confused, blushing a little. Billie sat back up, but as he looked at her he begin laughing again.

"What's so funny." she rolled her eyes. Billie snorted. "Will you tell me?" she bit her lip, watching him trying not to burst out laughing again.

"When I said this you-" he laughed again "Oh God. That was really cool. You went pale and your eyes went huge! You looked like you wanted someone to shot you!"

"Oh... Heh.. Kids...” Billie looked at her amused. "Should I recall dinner at your mom when she asked you about kids? You choked on the spaghetti!"

"That was uncalled back then."

"The same as now."

"You know I wasn't serious..." he defended himself.

"Really? With you nothing’s really obvious." he shrugged, still smirking. He wrapped his arm around her waist again. Sun was already setting and it was getting darker with every passing minute.

"Billie?"

"Hm?"

"You'll work on some new songs soon, right?"

"I guess. First we'll perform at Gilman a little. We don't have to record new album so fast."

"Yea." she replied. "Since now it only can be better."