‹ Prequel: Chances Risked
Sequel: Life's Chances

The Three C's

Chapter Two

-Maggie-
“How was summer, Maggie?” I heard and saw Sidney looking at me, I noticed that he got all of his teeth fixed and he looked really good.

“It was nice, lot of training though, I didn’t really go anywhere other than training,” I giggled and he smirked and nodded his head, knowing exactly what I meant. One by one faces appeared through the door until I noticed that we were missing people, Brendon Morrow, went to St. Louis, Douglas Murray, went to Montreal, Jarome Iginla, went to the team he was going to pick to begin with, the Boston Bruins. Vokoun wasn’t here because he was going to surgery for some injury he obtained during summer training and he was going to be replaced by rookie Jeff Zatkoff.

“So I hear we have two rookies,” James said and I looked at him and nodded my head.

“I just know about Zatkoff though,” I said and he shrugged his shoulders, “Who’s the other one?”

“We’ll meet him soon, Coach is with him now,” Sidney said and I nodded my head, “Fresh from Finland.”

“Another Fin,” Jussi smirked, his home country, he was the only one that we traded for last season to stay with us, and I was all right with that, I liked him.

The door opened and Coach walked in, “All right team, you’ve already met Zatkoff,” he said and we nodded our heads, “This is the newest rookie, Olli Maata,” he said and I looked at this cute little kid come in and I smiled brightly and giggled.

“What’s funny?” Beau asked and I smiled towards him.

“He’s so cute!” I cooed and Beau laughed and shook his head, I jumped up and ran over towards him and pulled him into a hug, pretty sure I scared him too, “You’re so freakin’ adorable! How old are you?!”

“Nineteen,” he said slowly, his face red, probably from all the attention I was giving him.

“Mags, you’re scaring the kid,” Pascal said and I waved him off.

“Olli here will be a new D, so guys, take him under your wing,” Coach said and we nodded our heads, I had my arm around his shoulder.

“You couch hoppin’? Hotel?”

“I don’t have anything yet, just got here this morning,” he said and I saw Beau rush over.

“Awesome, you can stay with us!” Beau said and I rolled my eyes.

“Wait to offer my home out, Sunshine,” I teased and he scoffed.

“Not like you weren’t gunna offer it anyways,” he said and I was about to say something, but he just smirked towards me and I closed my mouth, “See!”

“Fuck you,” I said and the guys laughed.

“So what do ya say?!” Beau asked and Olli shrugged his shoulders.

“Try not to teach the kid bad habits, Marshall!” Coach smirked towards me and I looked at him offended.

“Mio?!” I asked and the guys laughed, “Psssh, you’re trippin’ Coach!”

“Whatever,” he laughed and then clapped his hands together, “All right, suit up and head to the ice, let’s see what I’m workin’ with so far.”

-Kane-
“How was your camp, man?” Jon asked as we were getting dressed in street clothes, just finishing with the first day of strength and conditioning.

“It went well- Tough as hell though,” I said and he chuckled and nodded his head, “So they gunna name you Captain?”

“Naw, probably gunna give it to Crosby,” he said and I rolled my eyes and nodded my head, “Though, he did ask me if it was all right.”

“What?” I asked confused.

“Yeah, I know both of our names are being tossed around to wear the ‘C’- He called and asked me if it was all right if he was selected,” Jon said and I looked at him surprised, “Yeah, I was surprised too.”

“So what if you’re selected, you gunna call him and ask him if it’s all right?” I asked and we both laughed.

“So how are we lookin’ for this season?” I asked and Jon smirked towards me.

“Lookin’ like we’re gunna win another cup.”

“Hell yeah!” I laughed and we bro hugged.

-Maggie-
“So wait- Just wait,” I said as I looked at Olli confused, “This is all you have?” I looked at his three suitcases full of personal items, clothes and gear, “Yeah, that’s not gunna last you the season.”

Olli looked at me confused and Beau just smirked towards him and shook his head, “Maggie likes to mother you- You’ll find that out about her, don’t mind it- OW!”

“You makin’ me sound old, Bennett!” I growled and he looked towards Olli.

“See!”

“Well, anyways, come in! We’ve got a week until the preseason starts to get you suits- How many do you have?”

“Two,” he said and I groaned.

“You’re killin’ me kid,” I said and he shrugged his shoulders, “Don’t you worry, we’ll fix that- I went through this with Bennett and Bortuzzo too-“

“Though Borts was more a pain in the ass than me,” Beau said and I looked at him.

“That’s debatable,” I said and Olli chuckled, “Go show him to his room!”

“Yes ma’am!” Beau said and saluted towards me and I rolled my eyes, “Hope you don’t mind dogs- Mags has three of them- And babies!”

“She’s got three babies?” Ollie asked and I giggled.

“Naw, just one- My nephew, you’ll probably see him a lot, he loves his Auntie Maggie,” I said and Olli nodded his head and Beau started to show him up the stairs, the two dragging the suitcases behind them.

I was in the kitchen grabbing a water when the front door opened and I heard it close, “Maggie?!”

“Kitchen!” I yelled and turned my head to see Nick walking into the room, “What’s up?”

“I need help!” he whined and I looked at him, “Everyone’s finding out that you’re my sister and they’re like begging for tickets, I keep telling them that I can’t just ask you but-“

“They’re persistent,” I said and he sighed and nodded his head, “Nicky-“

“I know, I know, I wouldn’t be doing this if I wasn’t desperate for advice,” he said and I looked at him confused.

“You don’t want tickets?”

“No, I want advice on what I should do about them,” he said and I smiled, grabbed the back of his head and kissed his head.

“I love you,” I said and he sighed and looked at me.

“Yeah, wonderful, but that doesn’t help me with my problem,” he said and I smirked, rolled my eyes and playfully slapped his leg.

“Just tell them no- Who’s askin’ anyways?”

“Some of the freshmen, and I keep tellin’ them no, but like I said-“

“They’re persistent,” I said and he nodded my head, “Well, here’s what you can do,” I said and then saw Beau and Olli walk into the kitchen, “Like your room?”

“Yeah, thanks,” he said and I nodded my head, “Beats a hotel room or couch.”

“Who’s this?” Nick asked.

“Oh, Olli, meet my little brother Nicky, he just lives across the street, Nicky, meet the rookie from Finland, Olli,” I introduced and the two just nodded their heads towards each other.

“Ok, ok, sooooooo,” Nick said and I just looked back at him, “You were saying?”

“Oh, we have a public slash private practice- What? Next week?” I asked and looked at Beau and he walked over towards my fridge and looked at the calendar.

“Yeah,” he said and I looked at my brother.

“Invite your team to the practice and that’s it,” I said, “Just tell them we’ll talk about a possible game.”

“You sure?” Nick asked and I nodded my head.

“I’ll talk to Coach,” I said and Nick nodded his head, kissed my cheek and hopped off of the counter.

“You’re the best!” he yelled as he ran out of the kitchen, heading towards the front door.

“Yeah, yeah, tell me something I don’t know,” I said and Beau chuckled and hopped up onto the counter right where Nick was just sitting.

“So what are we doing tonight?” Beau asked and I looked at the two.

“Pizza and a movie?”

“Make the movie Miracle and we’ve got a deal-“

“I’m not watching that movie!” I growled and looked at the pouting kid in front of me, “You’re just as bad as Pat! He fuckin’ is obsessed with that movie!”

“Well, I’m not watching some chick flick!”

“Fine, no chick flick,” I said and he looked at me.

“What movie did you have in mind?” he asked, skepticism in his voice.

“You’ll see,” I smirked evilly towards him, “Order the pizza.”

Beau did, we waited the forty five minute delivery, I paid and then brought the pizza and beer downstairs, Olli was amazed at my hidden entertainment room, claiming the far couch for himself and spreading out.

“Beer?” I asked him and he just looked at him, “Dude, I don’t care if you drink, you’re the same age as my little brother.”

“All right,” he said and Beau handed him the bottle and I popped the movie in and sat on the couch.

I smiled brightly as the menu appeared, Beau groaned loudly, his mouth stuffed with pizza, “I’M NOT WATCHING DESPICABLE ME!!!!”

“You said no chick flicks!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
TOOOOOO MUCH CUTENESS!!!