‹ Prequel: Chances Risked
Sequel: Life's Chances

The Three C's

Chapter Twenty Two

-Kane-
“Did you find her?” I asked and the guys shook their head and I let out a panicked sigh and ran my fingers through my hair, “Where the fuck is she?”

“I don’t know man, it’s late, she’s been missing for a few hours- We should tell Coach- Her parents,” Oshie said and I looked at my watch to see that it was almost one in the morning.

“Fine, you guys go tell Coach, I’ll tell her parents,” I said and they nodded their heads and I headed for the elevators.

I took the elevators to the lobby and was greeted by a few Canadians, Jon and Sharp were there with Jeff Carter and Carey Price, “Yo Kaner, where are you off to?” Sharp asked, they were still happy about their win.

“Why the long face man? You won your game,” Jeff Carter said and I looked towards Jon.

“No one can find Mags,” I said and he eyes just looked at me, “She’s been missing for a few hours and our whole team is looking for her.”

“Where’d you see her last?” he asked.

“At your game, she left to go back to our locker room because she forgot her ipod and she hasn’t been back,” I said and the guys just looked at me, “I’m heading over to tell her parents-“

“Don’t,” Sharp said and we looked at him, “Don’t worry them yet, we’ll get the guys and help find her,” he said and I nodded my head, “Head back to the rink and look around there-“

“We already had guys-“

“Look again, look everywhere,” he said and I nodded my head.

-Maggie-
I groaned against the cold hard ground, feeling the soreness in my ribs and face. I rolled onto my stomach and then pushed myself up and looked around to see that I looked to be outside in-between two buildings. I hissed and grabbed my ribs when I went to stand up and felt a rush of pain overcome me.

I leaned against the wall and pushed myself up and pulled my coat closer to me, it was freezing outside and there was snow on the ground. It was dark out, but it looked to be early morning because the sun was just starting to peak over the horizon. I threw my hood over my head and walked into the open area to see if I could figure out where I was.

I cursed, I was at the end of Olympic park, I had a long walk back to my hotel and no doubt the guys were probably freaking out. I sighed and started my walk, wincing every step and gripping my ribs. I couldn’t remember much, I hadn’t seen the guy that attacked me, I felt so weak that I had let him knock me out and I only got a single punch in.

The sun had risen by the time I reached the hotel; I made it to the lobby doors, shivering because of the cold when I heard my name being screamed. I turned around and saw guys running over towards me, I was surprised to find players from Team Canada and USA running towards me.

“Maggie, where have you- What the fuck happened to you?!” Sharp yelled as he reached me first and gripped my chin tilting my head up towards him.

“Maggie! Are you all right?!” Kunitz asked and I sighed and nodded my head, “What happened?”

“I don’t know, some guy jumped me,” I said and the guys’ eyes widened.

“We’ve been looking for you all night,” Carey Price said and I just looked down.

“Sorry, I woke up between these buildings in Olympic park,” I said and the guys widened their eyes and I shivered again. Quick and Oshie came over towards me and Quick threw his heavy jacket over my shoulders and Oshie hugged me and started to rub my arms to get me warm, “Where’s Pat?”
“Probably still looking for you? We kind of broke off in different groups,” Quick said and I nodded my head.

“Maggie!” I heard and turned to see Paul and Brooks, “Where have you been?!” they came over to me and hugged me tight and I wrapped my arms around Paul’s wait, “Kane’s freakin’ out.”

“What happened to your face?” Brooks asked and I looked at him and sighed and Paul cupped my face and looked at me.

“I don’t-“ my name was yelled again and I saw Sidney, Jon, Pat and Kessel coming over.

Pat saw me and ran over towards me and wrapped his arms around me, picking me up off of the ground and holding me tight, “You had me worried sick,” he breathed into my ear and I buried my face into his shoulder.

“Sorry,” I said and he put me down and widened when he saw my face, I was guessing that it was bruised; I haven’t exactly seen it yet.

“What the fuck happened?!” he practically yelled as he gripped my chin and looked at my face.

“I don’t know,” I breathed and he looked at me, “The guy came out of nowhere- Grabbed me from behind and everything happened so fast,” I said and the guys just looked at me horrified.

“Did he- Did he touch-“

“No, just beat me unconscious,” I said and Pat seemed a little relieved but was still worried.

“Did he say anything?” Sidney asked and I nodded my head, “What?”

“I don’t know, it was in a different language- Russian I think,” I said and the guys looked at me and I looked down, “I didn’t see his face- Like I said, it happened so fast.”

“You said Russian?” Jon asked and I nodded my head.

“I think, not sure,” I said and he sighed.

“Why not ask Malkin- Or Ovechkin?” Jon suggested and I nodded my head, but then just sighed and pulled Quick’s coat closer to me.

“Can we go in? I’m freezing out here,” I said and the guys nodded their heads and Pat pulled me closer to him. We walked into the building and the guys surrounded me as we walked to the elevators, some left to head back to their own rooms to sleep, some however, followed. Sidney and Kunitz said that they were going to get Geno to see if he could translate when the guys said.

“Can you tell me what you remember?” Pat asked as we walked into our room.

“I- I- I don’t know, I was in the locker room and then I left,” I ran my fingers through my hair, “He came at me from behind, I don’t know, he was tall, but-“ I sat down on the bed.

“How tall Maggie?” Pat asked and I rubbed my face.

“Taller than you, I don’t know,” I said and stood back up again, rubbing my hands together.

“Maggie, Maggie, try to breathe,” Jon said as he came up behind me and placed his hand on my shoulder. I don’t know why I flinched at the sudden contact, but I relaxed and leaned back against him, but then froze when my back hit his chest.

I spun around and looked at him, “He was about your height,” I said and Jon looked at me.

“You sure?” he asked and I nodded my head.

I jumped when there was a knock on the door and Quick answered it to see Coach standing there, he saw me and stormed into the room and walked over towards me, quickly gripping my face like the others had and looked at me brusied skin, “What happened?”

“I was jumped.”

“By who?” he asked and I sighed.

“I wish I could tell you, I never saw his face,” I said and Coach sighed and I walked passed him and sat at the end of the bed. There was another knock on my door and it opened to Sidney, Kunitz, Geno and Ovechkin walking into the room. When Geno saw me and ran over and hugged me tight, I winced and pulled back, gripping my stomach.

“You all right?” Sidney and I picked my shirt up a little and saw the bruises, “Fuck.”

“Oshie,” Coach called and TJ looked at him, “Go get Doc.”

Oshie just left the room and I ran my fingers through my hair. Geno knelt in front of me, his hands on my knees and he looked at up me, “Sid say man speak Russian,” he said and I sighed, “What he say?”

“I don’t know if it was really Russian,” I said and Geno just looked at me.

“What say?” he asked and I looked down and then up at him.

“Um, he said ‘Vy dumete’?” I sighed, “dumyete?”

“Dumayete?” Geno asked and I looked at him and nodded his head, “What else?”

“Cto vy talk zesto?” I asked and Geno looked at me confused.

“Chto vy tak zhestko?” Ovechkin said and I looked at him and nodded my head, “So, vy dumayete, chto vy tak zhestko?” he said and I nodded my head.

“Any else?” Geno asked.

“Vy ne prinadzhat?” I asked, not sure if that was how you pronounced it.

“Prinadiezhat?” Ovechkin asked and I nodded my head and Geno stood in front of me and I looked up at him.

“Vy dumayete, chto vy tak zhestko, vy ne prinadiezhat,” Geno said fully and I nodded my head.

“What does it mean, G? It Russian?” Sidney asked and Geno nodded his head.

“He say, ‘You think so tough, you no belong’,” Geno translated and I growled, gripped my fist and shot up.

“I’ll kill him!”

“Easy there, boomer,” Kessel chuckled and placed his hand on my shoulder, “We gotta figure out who him would be.”

“He sounds like a player,” Ovechkin said and I looked at him, he was looking at Geno, “One of ours,” he said and Geno sighed, “We gotta tell Dats.”

“You see guy, Mags?” Geno asked and I shook my head.

“He’s tall, G, I got to feel when he came at me from behind- ‘Bout Toews’ height,” I said and Geno looked at Jon and nodded his head.

“We find him, no worry- Leave it to me,” Geno said and I just looked at him.

“I want first swing,” I growled and Geno smirked and nodded his head, I heard some of the guys chuckle around me.

The team doctor came in and all but Coach and Pat left, I was checked over and Doc said that it felt like I had busted ribs, he taped me up and then told me to take it easy until the next game in three days.

“Will I miss any games?” I asked and Doc looked at me.

“Not if you rest,” he said and I sighed and he and Coach left, Pat and I were alone, and he didn’t look happy at all.

‘…Great…’