‹ Prequel: Chances Risked
Sequel: Life's Chances

The Three C's

Chapter Thirty One

We had won our game against the Predators, but lost our game against the Kings. We were in the locker room, showering and finishing up when there was a knock on our locker room door. We all looked up and Dustin Brown, Jeff Carter and Jonathan Quick walked into the room.

“What do you guys want?” James asked, not too happy to see them.

“Relax, we have a present for Mags,” Quick said and I looked at him confused.

“A present?” I asked and he smirked.

“Well, a surprise- You can’t keep it,” Brown said and I was just even more confused.

“What is the present slash surprise slash- Whatever,” I giggled and Carter walked back towards the door and opened it.

Everyone’s interest was peaked when they heard this and Brown and Quick were standing on each side of me. Carter told someone that they could come in and then moved out of the way and my eyes widened my mouth was gaped. Everyone has a celebrity crush, even hockey players, mine, was Channing Tatum, and his sexy ass was standing right in front of me.

“Holy fuck,” I breathed and Channing laughed as he walked into the room.

“He’s a Kings fan,” Brown whispered to me and I glared at him.

“I’m sure I can change him to a Penguins fan,” I said and the guys chuckled.

“Him a few others were here, we knew that he’s your favorite actor from the last awards- Figured you would like to meet him,” Quick said and I smiled brightly and looked at Channing Tatum, and at that moment, my fan girl freak mode activated and I could not form a word let alone a sentence.

Annnnnnnnnd you’ve lost her,” Kuntiz said and the guys laughed and my hands were over my mouth covering my creepily bright smile.

“This is where you say hi,” Quick said to me and poked my shoulder and I knew my face was red.

“Hi,” I squeaked out and then covered my face, hearing the guys laughing.

“It’s nice to meet you Maggie,” Channing said and I looked up at him and bit my lip.

‘…Fuck he’s sexy!...’ I thought and he just looked at me, and that’s when I did something that I couldn’t control. I poked Channing Tatum, “He’s really here,” I squeaked out and I wouldn’t be surprised if one of the guys was recording this.

Channing chuckled held out his arms for a hug and I squealed and practically jumped the poor sexy married man, “It’s Channing Tatum!” I breathed and Carter was trying to bite his lip to stop him from laughing, but it doesn’t work.

There was another knock on the door and we all looked, “Oh, there you are- They said you were over here,” I heard and looked.

“Ok, that’s it-,” I said and the guys laughed, Chris Hemsworth was standing in the doorway, “Now all we need is Chris Evans and this’ll be a party!”

“Oh, he’s right-“ Chris started.

“No! You don’t want to see me in full blown fan girl mode- Nope- Just save yourself,” I said and the two men laughed.

“She’s funny,” Chris said and Channing pulled me into his side and chuckled.

“She’s being serious,” James said and I shot a glare at him, “What?!”

“Shut up!”

-Kane-
“Whoa, whoa, whoa!” Corey was looking down at his phone and then he let out a laugh, we were all looking at him confused, “Kaner, when was the last time you went on Twitter?”

“This morning- Why?”

“Look on Maggie’s Twitter,” he said and I pulled out my phone from my bag, we had just finished winning a game against the Blue Jackets with the final score of six to one. I was a little annoyed because my games’ been off for a while now and I was getting sick of it, always hitting the post and being only able to assist. Today, Jon and Shaw were the stars, scoring two goals each, I was happy for them, but I was annoyed as well, mostly with myself.

So when I looked on Maggie’s Twitter and saw her in pictures with two celebrities and her tweet said that she was two hot guys and was in heaven, that she might not leave LA, I don’t know, I just felt like I was going to blow. I didn’t even understand why I felt like this about Maggie’s post, I knew it didn’t mean anything, she met two celebrities, that was it, but I couldn’t help but feel like I wanted to demolish a punching bag.

“She seems excited,” Jon said from behind me, looking at the picture.

“Yeah,” I muttered and put the phone away, stood up and headed for the door, not really in the mood to talk to anyone or go out to celebrate the win, ‘…I need to step up my game…’

It was late, but I was home when my phone was ringing and I looked to see that it was Maggie, I sighed and answered it, not even able to get a word out before she practically blew my eardrum out, “PAT, PAT, PAT!!! GUESS WHAT?!”

“What?” I asked as I held the phone to my shoulder and started to get out of my suit.

“I met Channing Tatum and Chris Hemsworth- Oh my god! It was sooooooooo awesome!” she squealed and I gave a little smirk, hearing the excitement in her voice, but for whatever reason, it didn’t last long, “Quick, Brown and Carter came into the locker room and told me that they had a surprise and Channing walked into the locker room and I’m like…” I drown her out as I headed for the bedroom and collapsed onto the bed, kicking off my shoes and taking a deep breath, “Pat? Pat? You there? Did I lose you?”

“Oh, no, sorry, I’m here,” I said and sighed.

“You all right?” she asked and I rolled onto my back.

“I’m fine.”

“Pattie, something’s wrong- What? You guys won- I saw the highlights!” she said and I ran my fingers through my hair, “I saw the assist, it was nice!”

“Yeah, but did you see the two goal posts? You see the highlight where they’re starting to doubt my skill?” I didn’t mean to snap at her, I just wasn’t acting like myself.

“Don’t listen to them, Pat- They don’t understand the hard time you’re having-“

“I’m fine, Maggie! I’m just- I don’t know, I’m tired,” I said and I heard Maggie sigh.

“I’ll talk to you later then, love you,” she said and I looked down at the bed.

“Love you too, Mags,” I said and then sighed and hung up the phone and laid back on the bed.

-Maggie-
“You all right?” Marc asked as he looked at me.

I was sitting in the lounge area on our floor, I was so excited after meeting Channing Tatum and Chris Hemsworth to tell Pat, though, his reaction wasn’t what I was expecting. Something was wrong and I didn’t understand why he wasn’t telling me. I must have had a look on my face when I stared at the phone after Pat hung up, and Marc picked up on it.

“Uh, yeah, just- I don’t know, I’m all right,” I said and he nodded his head and I decided to call Jon, maybe he would know what was wrong with his best friend.

“So, had enough of LA yet?” Jon asked with a chuckle, answering his phone right away.

“I enjoyed it, that’s for sure,” I giggled, “I guess you saw my post?”

“We all did, how’d you meet them?”

“Brown, Carter and Quick introduced me to Channing Tatum and Chris Hemsworth kind of just popped in- But I’m not complaining,” I laughed and Jon chuckled.

“So what’s with the phone call?” he asked and I sighed, “What did Kaner do now?”

“No, it’s not that,” I said and ran my fingers through my hair, “I called him before and he just acted weird- Is something wrong, Jon?”

Jon sighed and I was wondering now if I really wanted to know, “He’s just feeling the pressure from some of the critics- He’ll be all right, Maggie- I promise.”

“Critics?” I asked confused.

“Yeah, I guess a lot of people expected more from him during the Olympics and people are complaining that he’s losing his edge,” Jon said and I sighed, “I’m actually a little worried- We’ve been trying to work with him, but- I don’t know.”

“When’s your next practice?” I asked and Jon sounded like he was ruffling through some papers.

“Uh, tomorrow afternoon-Why?” he asked and I got up and headed towards my hotel room.

“Do you think you’ll be able to get reporters and media away from the rink?”

“Um, maybe- I don’t know- What do you have in mind, Mags?”

“I’m coming back to Chicago- You guys have a game on the ninth- We’re the tenth- Everything we’ll be all right, I’ve got three days,” I said and plopped on my bed and grabbed my laptop.

“Three days for what?”

“I’m coming back to Chicago to try and get Pattie’s game back,” I said happily.